Antidepressants or not? (Please help im mentally dead)

D

Deleted member 11887

cartel de medellín
Guys im mentally ill I have obsessive thoughts (=high stress/cant calm down), anxiety. my brain feels like its going to explode(!!) cuz of that high stress, overthinking/obsessive thoughts i also have slowed breath cuz of these symptoms

people here say antidepressants are poison it will change ur brain chemistry etc. but what should I do now? i already do a lot of sports. daily cardio minimum 30 minutes, going for a walk in the forest, going to the gym 3-4x a week, i eat healthy, i do progressive muscle relaxation but nothing helps.
I want to control my thoughts but i just fucking cant i dont want to care about anything so I can calm down and focus on what I actually want to focus. you know when I play a game or watch a movie i cant full focus cuz of my stupid brain chemistry. Or lets say you are in public and you see someone talks shit about you I just dont want to care.

i already went to psychiatrist he prescribed me Risperidone..
should I take it? A lot of people here made bad experiences with anti depressants they got worse etc. but what should I do then? i cant live like that i really need help.

• +1
Reactions: Zeruel, RecessedChinCel, fauxfox and 1 other person
Mirin Ted Bundy avi

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RecessedChinCel and Deleted member 11887
Not worth it

How did you write this thread if you can’t focus?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11887
I want to control my thoughts but i just fucking cant i dont want to care about anything so I can calm down and focus on what I actually want to focus.

Take Strattera dude

try different ssris

i just took my risperidone boyos cuz im panicking hard i hope i dont die

we will see after a week how it will change my brain chemistry inshallah im mentally stable and more happier

at the end of the day antidepressant is cope since u did not pass the looks treshold

Try Wellbutrin instead of SSRI's. It's not an SSRI, it uptakes dopamine instead of the typical serotonin uptaking SSRI

Try Wellbutrin instead of SSRI's. It's not an SSRI, it uptakes dopamine instead of the typical serotonin uptaking SSRI
I already took 1mg risperidone bro i will try it for a week.. you think it wont help me? just to calm down and not panicking, overthinking etc

Over for obsessive compulsive disorder cels

I already took 1mg risperidone bro i will try it for a week.. you think it wont help me? just to calm down and not panicking, overthinking etc
I know nothing about that drug tbh. I've heard many bad things about SSRI's though and Wellbutrin is an antidepressant which is not an SSRI. I personally took it and thought it was great but stopped due to the anxiety. It gave me the energy and focus I needed and someone with better anxiety than me could benefit so much from it

maybe antidepressants to get you on the right path and to motivate you short term. other than that forget it. focus on slow but steady growth in whatever u want to achieve. your gut health might potentially be fucked up, go check up with doctors or just try changing ur diet urself (no gluten etc) as well as getting a fixed sleep schedule. potentially do all of that while taking antidepressants for a while.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11887
people here say antidepressants are poison it will change ur brain chemistry etc. but what should I do now?
They aren't poison, or they don't have to be atleast. Any medicine can have side effects or won't work at all depending on your individual brain chemistry.

Will they change your brain chemistry? Yes they will! That's the way they work. Your brain chemistry is why you're feeling this way (or atleast a lot of it).

Take it. Resperidone won't kill you, might make you hungry.

Can I ask what you were diagnosed with? I'm studying neuroscience at uni and I'm curious why your Dr. went with Risperidone for your first (?) and only(?) psychiatric med. Resperidone isn't an antidepressant it's an antipsychotic it IS used as an add on to other antidepressants but I haven't heard it being prescribed just by itself.

should I take it? A lot of people here made bad experiences with anti depressants they got worse etc. but what should I do then? i cant live like that i really need help.
Yes, take it. Your brain is the most adaptable organ in your body. Everyday millions of connections get created and destroyed. Very few things about the brain are permanent (not all things of course).

Some drugs can cause withdrawal. When someone comes off resperidone they usually have to slowly reduce the dose before stopping. If you stop (after taking it for a while) and you DID end up feeling worse it wouldn't be permanent.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie and Deleted member 11887
Guys im mentally ill I have obsessive thoughts (=high stress/cant calm down), anxiety. my brain feels like its going to explode(!!) cuz of that high stress, overthinking/obsessive thoughts i also have slowed breath cuz of these symptoms

people here say antidepressants are poison it will change ur brain chemistry etc. but what should I do now? i already do a lot of sports. daily cardio minimum 30 minutes, going for a walk in the forest, going to the gym 3-4x a week, i eat healthy, i do progressive muscle relaxation but nothing helps.
I want to control my thoughts but i just fucking cant i dont want to care about anything so I can calm down and focus on what I actually want to focus. you know when I play a game or watch a movie i cant full focus cuz of my stupid brain chemistry. Or lets say you are in public and you see someone talks shit about you I just dont want to care.

You'll regret it in the long run. If you ever escape depression and get your life on track when you get off of it you will have long term effects.

Sexual dysfunction ect. If you do it I would suggest being on as low of a dose as possible and getting off as quickly as possible. This should be reserved for people who are so bad they can't leave their room so use the small break from the horrible emotions to get a good routine.

But honestly don't do it start lifting weights it will do more for you

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
You'll regret it in the long run. If you ever escape depression and get your life on track when you get off of it you will have long term effects.

Sexual dysfunction ect. If you do it I would suggest being on as low of a dose as possible and getting off as quickly as possible. This should be reserved for people who are so bad they can't leave their room so use the small break from the horrible emotions to get a good routine.

But honestly don't do it start lifting weights it will do more for you
Im already lifting weights brother i really do a lot of sports but it doesnt fix my mental health. Im on risperidone (1mg, it is Low dose(?)) for a week now - it does help me but yeah I know about possible long term side effects. Im going to take it till September

200mg test a week is the only anti depressant you need. If you deny this, go on and take anti depressants and be cucked for life.

200mg test a week is the only anti depressant you need. If you deny this, go on and take anti depressants and be cucked for life.
Stupid af testosterone has nothing to do with neurotransmitters.

Ask for a MAOI like parnate, way less sides.