anxiety speech impediment?

sp3ll

sp3ll

cutecelmaxxing
I have this unique speech impediment I can't find anything for when I google it.
Basically my throat gets tight and I can't pronounce certain syllables, usually the start of certain syllables.
It's worse on certain days and is affected by who I'm talking to, it's usually the best when I'm alone.

Is this anxiety?
Should I focus on minimizing cortisol?
I can exercisemaxx, sleepmaxx, dietmaxx and hydratemaxx.
Not coming up with much else.

Heart Girl GIF

• Love it
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: rand anon, ⠀ℒ⠀ and pneumocystosis
Do you have a tongue tie or narrow palate? If your throat gets tight it could be an indicator of something. I sometimes can't explain/elaborate what I want to say properly but I think that might just be ocd on this case.

tf? go to the doctor dumbass :ROFLMAO:

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
i have it too, the only solution is to just speak more, I am guessing you don't talk much like me

Do you have a tongue tie or narrow palate? If your throat gets tight it could be an indicator of something. I sometimes can't explain/elaborate what I want to say properly but I think that might just be ocd on this case.
I've noticed that I need to raise my voice a lot to get the word out, probably because my tight vocal cords need more force. But that's just weird to scream so I don't normally do that.

Or maybe you just have a stutter i hope it's not cuz i have it and it's an incurable death sentence

Or maybe you just have a stutter i hope it's not cuz i have it and it's an incurable death sentence
I stutter sometimes
Personally The throat locking itself is much worse

I stutter sometimes
Personally The throat locking itself is much worse
Then that anxiety speech impediment you talking about is nothing but stutter since how long you had it?

I don't have that, but sometimes if I'm really anxious during a speech my lip movements get a bit weird. Like my lips twitch n shit. It's gotten much better now but I still happens every now and then.

Then that anxiety speech impediment you talking about is nothing but stutter since how long you had it?
my whole life i guess
literally xqc

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
Low t trait

Sometimes I think my life sucks then I read stuff like this

Have u considered speech therapy? I have anxiety too (but differently) and it made me fumble a few baddies u gotta see a doc

It's absolutely related to anxiety, it's strange that you didn't find much about it.
I'd suggest a kind of "exposure therapy" - talking to strangers in real life whom you have a little chance to meet with again (it's easier in bigger cities) so you don't feel as much shame if you fail it. Can augment it with propranolol or benzos at start, then taper them off.
You can also start in internet with random chats, such as Omegle. Start with mask or something, then switch to sunglasses, then show your face fully.
Can also participate in voice chats at some Discord servers without showing your face.

I struggle to read out loud from a book

It's absolutely related to anxiety, it's strange that you didn't find much about it.
I'd suggest a kind of "exposure therapy" - talking to strangers in real life whom you have a little chance to meet with again (it's easier in bigger cities) so you don't feel as much shame if you fail it. Can augment it with propranolol or benzos at start, then taper them off.
You can also start in internet with random chats, such as Omegle. Start with mask or something, then switch to sunglasses, then show your face fully.
Can also participate in voice chats at some Discord servers without showing your face.
I'm a high serotonin guy, must be why I freaked out on acid.
I've been on omegle quite a ton, unfortunately your baseline serotonin causing your speech impediment can't be magically fixed permanently right?

theory, the right antidepressant can completely remove my speech impediment
the thing is I'm unsure if it's worth taking it for the rest of my life
i know not every single one has horrible side effects like being unable to get a boner, there's probably a good one out there.

I definitely don't wanna do benzos to fix it.

View attachment 2190921
I definitely don't wanna do benzos to fix it.
Not sure speech freezing has the same mechanism as stuttering. Also, note - reduction of gaba contributes.
How do you know you are "serotonin-dominant"? I think it's a kind of speculation. You would probably get a serotonin syndrome if you had really too much of it. There are various reasons for bad trips on acid, usually it's bad environment, anxious state, being too tired.
Don't know if you have to take an antidepressant for the rest of your life if you find a fitting one. In theory, neuronal pathways should get formed while youare on it and then maybe they persist after cessation.

Not sure speech freezing has the same mechanism as stuttering. Also, note - reduction of gaba contributes.
How do you know you are "serotonin-dominant"? I think it's a kind of speculation. You would probably get a serotonin syndrome if you had really too much of it. There are various reasons for bad trips on acid, usually it's bad environment, anxious state, being too tired.
Don't know if you have to take an antidepressant for the rest of your life if you find a fitting one. In theory, neuronal pathways should get formed while youare on it and then maybe they persist after cessation.
it's speculation, I am such a normie at biochemistry.

so they persist? I see, like neurogenesis from SSRIs.

NNot
it's speculation, I am such a normie at biochemistry.

so they persist? I see, like neurogenesis from SSRIs.
Not 100% bulletproof but supposedly so.
Also, have you tried things like piracetam and alpha-gpc? They can improve verbal fluency (at least, by anecdotal evidene) via raising acetylcholine.

NNot

Also, have you tried things like piracetam and alpha-gpc? They can improve verbal fluency (at least, by anecdotal evidene) via raising acetylcholine.
can neurogenesis make your baseline mood better?
for example exercise, cerebrolysin and certain SSRIs

NNot

piracetam and alpha-gpc sounds good for autism

NNot

how can you make sure that what you're ingesting is safe?
we all know the long term effects of healthy doses of alcohol which is okay, it might do some damage on the liver but it's okay if you don't overdrink.

like is that the same with piracetam and alpha-gpc that long term you will be okay if you dose properly?

NNot

do you think experimenting with every single receptor can give you optimal mentalmaxxing results?
It would be extremely expensive but tweaking every system (dopamine, serotonin, cannabinoids, colinergic), up and down with some research of course to not do too much in vain.
even their subtypes, for example experimenting with tweaking all 15 serotonin subtypes, then going to the other systems and so on-

I
can neurogenesis make your baseline mood better?
for example exercise, cerebrolysin and certain SSRIs
I think yes, but celebrolysin may improve it by other means, it has over 600 peptides and who knows what exectly each one does. Definitely improved mood, but it worked only while I was pinning it and for like 2 weeks after.
Using ssri for neurogenesis only doesn't seem to be wise, considering their side effects. There are other compounds which induce neurogenesis, such as dihexa and nsi-189.

do you think experimenting with every single receptor can give you optimal mentalmaxxing results?
It would be extremely expensive but tweaking every system (dopamine, serotonin, cannabinoids, colinergic), up and down with some research of course to not do too much in vain.
even their subtypes, for example experimenting with tweaking all 15 serotonin subtypes, then going to the other systems and so on-
That would be an absolute overkill.
And about long-term effects - piracetam was used for over 50 years in some countries, alpha-gpc isn't exactly new too. The aforementioned dihexa and nsi-189 are much less studied.

That would be an absolute overkill.
And about long-term effects - piracetam was used for over 50 years in some countries, alpha-gpc isn't exactly new too. The aforementioned dihexa and nsi-189 are much less studied.
what makes it overkill? can't you optimize your life essentially?

oh gotcha, then I'm guessing piracetam is safer than alcohol essentially, like long term damage isn't a problem.
the thing I'm the most scared of are examples like RC drugs like spice, concentrated cannabis extract? Whatever anyways, it was later discovered to actually melt your brain, like literally.
So I don't wanna take nootropics that does that, or something else.

but of course, scientists should quickly find out about such things if a compound has been out for several years and is relatively popular.

I

I think yes, but celebrolysin may improve it by other means, it has over 600 peptides and who knows what exectly each one does. Definitely improved mood, but it worked only while I was pinning it and for like 2 weeks after.
Using ssri for neurogenesis only doesn't seem to be wise, considering their side effects. There are other compounds which induce neurogenesis, such as dihexa and nsi-189.
thanks for the recommendations.

can't you optimize your life essentially?
If you treat everything regarding mental health as some math task, it's gonna be very difficult to solve it by tuning individual components. For example, dopamine are in some sort of balance with serotonin levels, also, with acetylcholine and prolactin. Histamine is linked to alertness and dopamine as well. Gaba, nmda etc, plus various receptor types, so many variables, body usually does a great job at regulating it all but sometimes it fails.

Do you smoke or have cold intolerance?

Do you smoke or have cold intolerance?
I wouldn't call it cold intolerance but I have experienced(not right now btw) feeling cold, then warm, then cold taking on and off my hoode.

I have low body fat, under 10%

What could it be?
Anemia, Hypothyroidism?

If you treat everything regarding mental health as some math task, it's gonna be very difficult to solve it by tuning individual components. For example, dopamine are in some sort of balance with serotonin levels, also, with acetylcholine and prolactin. Histamine is linked to alertness and dopamine as well. Gaba, nmda etc, plus various receptor types, so many variables, body usually does a great job at regulating it all but sometimes it fails.
sometimes it turns you into a mentalcel