Any advice on quitting smoking

Deleted member 10615

Deleted member 10615

Brachy pride worldwide
I have been smoking for two years now and I should probably stop before my skin ages like shit

any advice

I’m looking for a job and part time work and one of the first things I will buy will be nicotine spray or patches but that could take a few months to get a job

any advice on the mean time or tips last year I went cold turkey for 5 days but I gave into the urge and started smoking again

also I’m not a heavy smoker 1-4 a day depending on what I’m doing

any advice?

• +1
Reactions: N1c

And get dopamine in other ways (sugar, cooming, exercise)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615

And get dopamine in other ways (sugar, cooming, exercise)
i was talking about ciggertes

i don't really smoke weed often

Go for a run bro srs, great endorphins release so much more than brolifting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13197 and Deleted member 10615
  • +1
Go for a run bro srs, great endorphins release so much more than brolifting
have you ever had any experience with nicotine patches or nicotine gum or something of the sought

once i have some money i will buy that and see how it works

I have been smoking for two years now and I should probably stop before my skin ages like shit

any advice

I’m looking for a job and part time work and one of the first things I will buy will be nicotine spray or patches but that could take a few months to get a job

any advice on the mean time or tips last year I went cold turkey for 5 days but I gave into the urge and started smoking again

also I’m not a heavy smoker 1-4 a day depending on what I’m doing

any advice?
Read Easy Way by Allen Carr

• +1
have you ever had any experience with nicotine patches or nicotine gum or something of the sought

No, I've never been a smoker, my problem is Alcohol.

Glad you're deciding to quit early on. 2 years/ 1-4 a day is nothing and you should easily be able to quit.

Suggestions:
To be able to quit a bad habit, most effective way is to replace it with a good habit, e.g exercise, sports, art - everytime you feel like taking a drag, go paint a picture instead, or go for a jog. Cravings last about 10 minutes (should be less in your case), overcome the craving in that time, it diminishes.

Surround yourself with positive/non-smoking people, and a good environment. I'd say this is the most important

Once you start to quit, don't ever look back. You smoke 1 cigarette, whether you're stressed or drunk or whatever and there's a 99% chance your old nasty habit will return

Source: I quit for 3 years, lit up 1 cigarette, here I am smoking for 2 years again 🤦‍♂️

nicotine gum has helped. It sucks either way, but it's a decent cope. Or even chewing tobacco

How do people even start smoking? I don't get it.
Anyway, I think the best thing you can do is tell your loved ones or the people who live with you that you want to quit (in case you haven't done it, some people I know never do it), and have some sort of punish/reward system with something you really care about (for example I'm a huge reader, if I know I have to throw a book away if I do something bad, I know I'll never do that thing again)
Plus, maybe joining some group on the internet or tracking your progress visibly, like putting a big calendar in a very visible place of your room and marking the days you didn't smoke so it's harder to go against that. Also tell everyone that knows you are quitting that you relapsed in case you happen to do it again, even if just once.
Maybe you can even do a thread here to track your progress honestly
And lastly, have another visual reminder in your room about the side effects of smoking

Former smoker greycel here. I smoked for around 11 years starting at 14 ending at 25 around a half pack to a pack a day. I had a septorhinoplasty Feb 2020 ( bluepilled idiot back then should have got bimax prior to) and haven't smoked since. I've been tempted to hop back in to it, but I'm trying to get a bimax now, so I've tried my best to keep off the smokes in case that could influence their opinion on my sleep apnea or breathing issues.

I guess overall what worked for me is thinking about the negative effects smoking can have on my life, and how much better I am without. I've been setting the money I would have spent on smoking aside, and the extra money is gunna make a difference for sure for when I surgerymaxx.

Best of luck buddy.

allen carr easyway is the most successful quit smoking book, but if you understand the principles behind it you can change any habit you wish using the same mental techniques

you simply need to remove the association between smoking and feeling good in your mind, i quit smoking this way, have also quit drinking this way too

read tony robbins books if you want to learn more about how your brain works otherwise just read the allen carr easyway if you want to quit

I dont smoke personally but I saw a guy in a comment section say that when he constantly repeated a "i am not a smoker" mantra, he was able to quit.

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
just stop lol

• WTF
I also recommend reading Allen Car's book.

• +1
You probably masturbate daily. You know "just stop" doesn't work.
i can stop if i want to im nobodies bitch not even the cigarette

• JFL