any bonemaxxers here eat egg shells for calcium?

eyebagcel

eyebagcel

overdosed on media and phenopill
i don't want to take calcium supplements and i don't think calcium from milk and cheese is enough

egg shells are 40% calcium meaning each has about 300mg of calcium making it a strong source of it. do any of you guys eat it, and how do you prepare it?

• JFL
Reactions: Gargantuan and Toth's thot
put it in a smoothie

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and eyebagcel
100g of cheese has 750-1500 mg of calcium, milk 120 mg ( 400mg per cup), how much more you'd want? It's non sense. Eggshells are an ok source of calcium if you are lactose intolerant, otherwise is pointless to hassle with them

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn, Kingcel32, Deleted member 5815 and 1 other person
Sesame seeds have 1000mg per 100g

you grind it into a powder with a mortar and pestle and mix it into whatever. Water works

• +1
Reactions: eyebagcel
put it in a smoothie
i'm thinking if putting it into my milk protein shake although that maybe too much calcium to absorb at once
100g of cheese has 750-1500 mg of calcium, milk 120 mg ( 400mg per cup), how much more you'd want? It's non sense. Eggshells are an ok source of calcium if you are lactose intolerant, otherwise is pointless to hassle with them
I am taking 10,000 iu vitamin d3, and 5 mg k2. I need as much calcium as I can get to fully utilize all that. some people get heart palpitations because their k2 takes too much calcium away from their heart as well

plus I'm making the eggs worth my money

i eat eggshells

I drink 2L of 1% milk, 880 calories 72g protein 2400mg calcium and so many vitamins electrolytes and nutrients it's much more effective than eggshells and it gives you top quality protein just drink it throughout the day

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gggg3333, Oberyn and Kingcel32
Most people already get enough calcium. Excessive calcium intake can cause excessive thirst and frequent urination, digestive stomach upset, nausea, vomiting and constipation

just drink milk

i'm thinking if putting it into my milk protein shake although that maybe too much calcium to absorb at once
use vitamin D alongide it so it doesnt just pile up and cause trouble

eggshells are 40% calcium since they are pretty much 100% calcium carbonate. One eggshell is like 2000 mg of calcium and also highly absorbable/bioavailable. I eat half an eggshell daily.

i don't want to take calcium supplements and i don't think calcium from milk and cheese is enough

egg shells are 40% calcium meaning each has about 300mg of calcium making it a strong source of it. do any of you guys eat it, and how do you prepare it?
I used to put one in my protein shake and blend it. Eating it raw is pretty annoying.