Any gymcels/sportscels here?

K

kantero

Bronze
So i started working out with my body weight (for now) and have some questions for guys who also do some sports.
Btw, i would appreciate if you could give me link for good web-resource about sports for future deepening

1) How many times a week i should exercise at the start and overall?
2) Should i always train to the point when i cant do even one more push up, for example? (More stress = more progress theory)
3) Should i have training if i didnt recover fully (minor pain in muscles)?
4) Is it possible to gain only muscles, like with minimal fat?
5) Is "clean bulk" (#3) worth it? Or its healthier and faster to bulk and then cut?

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 8583 and Deleted member 6401
So i started working out with my body weight (for now) and have some questions for guys who also do some sports.
Btw, i would appreciate if you could give me link for good web-resource about sports for future deepening

1) How many times a week i should exercise at the start and overall?
2) Should i always train to the point when i cant do even one more push up, for example? (More stress = more progress theory)
3) Should i have training if i didnt recover fully (minor pain in muscles)?
4) Is it possible to gain only muscles, like with minimal fat?
5) Is "clean bulk" (#3) worth it? Or its healthier and faster to bulk and then cut?
1)5 days aweek. 2 pull. 2 push. 1 leg. Recovery is just as important imo and tbh gym takes a lot of time from your life.
2) cardio exhaustion doesn't mean shit. Muscular exhaustion is more important.
As a noob you need to build up work capacity.
3) don't train until completely recovered. Overtraining is legit and not a meme.
4) yes. Recomp is legit. As a noob eat maintenance and you will make gains for 6 months+ minimum.
5) Clean/lean bulk is retarded for a noob. Just eat maintenance to recomp to eventually hit 10% bf%. After 6 months you can lean bulk (100 calories over maintenance is all you need tbh as you still want to recomp)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, treedude and kantero
1)5 days aweek. 2 pull. 2 push. 1 leg. Recovery is just as important imo and tbh gym takes a lot of time from your life.
2) cardio exhaustion doesn't mean shit. Muscular exhaustion is more important.
As a noob you need to build up work capacity.
3) don't train until completely recovered. Overtraining is legit and not a meme.
4) yes. Recomp is legit. As a noob eat maintenance and you will make gains for 6 months+ minimum.
5) Clean/lean bulk is retarded for a noob. Just eat maintenance to recomp to eventually hit 10% bf%. After 6 months you can lean bulk (100 calories over maintenance is all you need tbh as you still want to recomp)
Thanks. So many things to learn.
Are you a gymcel/sportscel yourself? If yes and if you don't mind, i would like to have you in contact to get some real advice when needed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I'm not an expert, I only have 6 Months going daily 5/week to the gym.

I'm guessing you are a skinnycel like I was. What I have been able to observé:

-Always work with good form and chalenging yourself. Dont get comfortable, lifting something that tales effort but that can be unachievable.

-Eat. A Lot. I've read the clean/dirty bulk stuff but I preffer to just bulk first and gain weight to look "normal" . Finally I look slim. Not skinny anymore. Dont eat a BIG meal un one sitting, eat in normal portions but More OFTEN. For example, I have breakfast before training, then again after. I have lunch at 1pm and then I take a nap and eat something around 3pm.

-Sleep. I find it's better to have a nap after lunch and then go to bed around 9pm. Try to wake up early and make your training something you do at certain Time of the day, not just something you just do when you are not doing anything.

I've managed to gain 10kg doing like this and I can see gaining muscle definition and volume. I'm far from my goal but Im sure I'm on good track. My plan Is to bulk and then cut I used to run Sprints a couple of days a week but now I'm trying to bulk so I Will go back to Sprints when I'm heavier

• +1
I do pull ups and pushups only. Workout every day till I get sore muscles, then 1 day break. Recently started some biking for legs and Cardio too.
Caloric surplus (about 2500 calories a day with 1.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight) and nothing else. I went from 67kg 12-13 inch biceps to 78kg 14,5 inch biceps in 6 months.
Much of it is fat tho. I'm still lean (flat stomach) but suspect I am 20% or more bodyfat.
Now I am dietmaxxing to 70kg, rn I am 75.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and GAY
is cardio better for weight loss or is muscle building/

• +1
no gym for yo face boyo

that being said i will start throwin some weights arrond from the comfort of my room, what is a good routine if ive only got a barbel and dumbbells?

• +1
Bulking is viable to increase muscle mass but eating adequate amounts of food like athletes 5000-9000 calories a day works the same way.

You should exercise until your muscle is sore and can't do anymore stress on them.
The Cardio failure doesn't matter you just need to do more sets.

My tip for bodyweight exercise like push ups or chair dips is to lean to 1 side for each dip or pushup. It will target the outside pec and tricep with 30 percent more weight than when doing them balanced.

When you exercise your body will start melting your fat into your blood so you can piss it out and you will chit out your fat after a workout.

Cardio is always better for losing fat and removing facial bloat.

Weight training is for increasing muscle size.

I personally only have a heavy set of dumbells and a smaller set for curls.

I do 1 seated hammer concentration curl then lower then do 1 seated bicep concentration curl for this I do it normally but turn the weight and pull to the outside of my curling arm so it contracts the bicep more. and repeat until failure, my arm is always sore after so I'm sure it's working.

Last edited:
  • +1
is cardio better for weight loss or is muscle building/
Cardio is usually better for weight loss but weightlifting increases your metabolism, so a combination of both with a slight focus on bodybuilding should be best.

I do pull ups and pushups only. Workout every day till I get sore muscles, then 1 day break. Recently started some biking for legs and Cardio too.
Caloric surplus (about 2500 calories a day with 1.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight) and nothing else. I went from 67kg 12-13 inch biceps to 78kg 14,5 inch biceps in 6 months.
Much of it is fat tho. I'm still lean (flat stomach) but suspect I am 20% or more bodyfat.
Now I am dietmaxxing to 70kg, rn I am 75.
5 years later... I'm still on that cut LMAO
but yea I'm a bit bigger now
I could be Sam Sulek but wasted all that time contemplating suicide