@seethe Why are you JFLing. :feelswah::ogre:

• +1
Reactions: seethe, Outerz14 and TechnoBoss
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Outerz14, SidharthTheSlayer, Gengar and 1 other person
Name some of your favorite bands. You too bhais. @TechnoBoss @sportsmogger
There's quite a few I like. I've been listening to Marilyn Manson a lot lately so he's probably one of my favorites. Outside of him, Sybreed, Solstate, Steryle, Breathing Theory, Slipknot was always good, Silent Civilian is good.

These two songs aren't the necessarily the most metal songs I have in my playlist or favorites of mine, but these are the last two metal songs I listened to.

This one is quite long tbh.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: sportsmogger, Deleted member 78221, deadstock and 2 others
Thought the genre is a bit hilarious is all
If you go to a live show and you see the mosh pit then yeah that's funny. :ogre: you'll see a bunch of retards kicking and punching the air and pushing each other. Jfl.

• +1
Reactions: deadstock, Outerz14 and seethe

This is my metalcore playlist, not the usual songs though is not focused on the emo era. @Gengar @TechnoBoss

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: sportsmogger, Outerz14 and Gengar
There's quite a few I like. I've been listening to Marilyn Manson a lot lately so he's probably one of my favorites. Outside of him, Sybreed, Solstate, Steryle, Breathing Theory, Slipknot was always good, Silent Civilian is good.

These two songs aren't the necessarily the most metal songs I have in my playlist or favorites of mine, but these are the last two metal songs I listened to.

This one is quite long tbh.

This thread was about metalcore but I guess all metal is welcome bhai. Mirin. I only know about Slipknot and have heard of Marilyn but never listened.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and TechnoBoss

This is my playlist, a little short tho @Gengar @TechnoBoss

Mirin We Came As Romans (RIP Kyle :feelswah:), I remember listening to their debut album a lot in 2009. Also mirin Falling in Reverse and Northlane. I got into Northland in 2010. And Falling in Reverse in 2011.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Klasik616, Outerz14 and TechnoBoss
This thread was about metalcore but I guess all metal is welcome bhai. Mirin. I only know about Slipknot and have heard of Marilyn but never listened.
Oh shit you're right. I'd have to look specifically for metalcore. I didn't read carefully. Which are your favorite metalcore bands?

• +1
Reactions: Gengar and Outerz14
I hate metal sounds like shit I’d rather listen to country

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and Outerz14
Not sure if these are exactly metalcore but All that remains, As i lay dying and Avenged sevenfold are bands i've enjoyed in the past

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Rzn, Klasik616 and Gengar

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Gengar and Outerz14
Oh shit you're right. I'd have to look specifically for metalcore. I didn't read carefully. Which are your favorite metalcore bands?
You already know bhai. And uh I created a playlist months or years ago in which I only added metalcore from the 90s and the early 2000s. Haven't listened to it in a long time.

• +1
Not sure if these are exactly metalcore but All that remains, As i lay dying and Avenged sevenfold are bands i've enjoyed in the past
Yeah, I've seen them named online in metalcore discussions so I suppose it counts. All That Remains and As I Lay Dying, that is. I always thought Avenged Sevenfold was just regular rock music.

• +1
The dark inside of meee

• +1
Reactions: Rzn
Everlong bro

• +1
Reactions: Rzn
Metalcore, what's this, is it new?

Metalcore, what's this, is it new?
Metalcore is a fusion of metal and hardcore, sometimes referred to as metallic hardcore. It's been around since the early 90s. Possibly late 80s.

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
Idk what specifically metal core is but i like bad omens and bullet for my valentine

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
Idk what specifically metal core is but i like bad omens and bullet for my valentine
Both bands are mentioned in metalcore circles so it counts I guess haha.

• +1
Reactions: deadstock
Man, Rise Records videos are so recognizable haha. Mirin bhai. Didn't know you liked this type of music.
Hell yeah. Metalcore is my jam. I like everything except the modern djent type stuff

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Gengar and Klasik616
Yeah i looked it up a list lol. And those were the only two band names i knew and i listen to

• +1
Which album is your favorite and thoughts on the latest album?
Sempiternal for sure, it's an amazing album throughout

yeah the newest album was a disappointment tbh. Survival horror was way better. It had some good songs though but I hate how they collabed with lil uzi vert

• +1
Have you listened to Trivium, I don't think that's metalcore right? They have good ones.

• +1
I used to be into it a bit - Misery Signals, Reflux, Unearth, Horse the Band.

I was listening to Reflux yesterday because of that thread about black people making rock music. Tosin Abasi played guitar for them before he was in Animals as Leaders.

Best song:

Last edited:
  • Love it
I usually don't listen to metal but when I do it's the band "Leeway"
Born to expire is my favorite metal album. Some good songs from that album:

Other songs that some might argue are as good or better (less heavy from "Desperate measures" album):
Kingpin, Make me an offer, Who's to Blame

• +1
Heres my unorganized playlist

• Love it
Hell yeah. Metalcore is my jam. I like everything except the modern djent type stuff

Hahahaha no way, Stick Stickly was my jam too. And I was listening to Hatebreed in the morning even though I hadn't done that. By the way. I got great news for you. Poison the Well is going to record a new album later this year. It's been confirmed. There's not many South Asians who like metalcore / post-hardcore etc. You know I actually went to a few shows. Do you know Dance Gavin Dance? I saw them live on their 10 year anniversary tour. I also met Jonny Craig. Twice. He's such a nice guy, he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets. Manlet he is but his voice is that of a man with a 9 feet stature. I also saw A Day to Remember live in 2010 and a bunch of other bands that I can't recall. I also saw Sum 41 live. Yes these guys are pop punk but still. But the best show I've ever been to was a metalcore show. I can tell more in PMs if you're interested.

• +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
  • +1
Sempiternal for sure, it's an amazing album throughout

yeah the newest album was a disappointment tbh. Survival horror was way better. It had some good songs though but I hate how they collabed with lil uzi vert
I loved the song they did with babymetal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 78221
Have you listened to Trivium, I don't think that's metalcore right? They have good ones.
I have heard of them but I've never listened to them. I don't think it's metalcore either.

I used to be into it a bit - Misery Signals, Reflux, Unearth, Horse the Band.

I was listening to Reflux yesterday because of that thread about black people making rock music. Tosin Abasi played guitar for them before he was in Animals as Leaders.

Best song:

Check PMs.

Last edited:
What else do you listen to?
Rock, rnb, rap for the most part. And sometimes i like some house / techno songs

Wbu?

• +1
I usually don't listen to metal but when I do it's the band "Leeway"
Born to expire is my favorite metal album. Some good songs from that album:

Other songs that some might argue are as good or better (less heavy from "Desperate measures" album):
Kingpin, Make me an offer, Who's to Blame

I will add these to my To Listen list. What year is it from?

Heres my unorganized playlist

The Ataris, Jettingham, Left Front Tire, and obviously blink. Fuaaaaark mirin hard bhai, did not know you knew the obscure bands too.

• Love it
Reactions: sportsmogger
Rock, rnb, rap for the most part. And sometimes i like some house / techno songs

Wbu?
I used to listen to a loooooooot pop punk a lot before moving on to post-hardcore. I also liked some r&b and hiphop, classical and even country. I mainly listen to k-pop and j-pop nowadays but since I went to a metalcore show recently I have gotten back into metalcore again.

• JFL
I used to listen to a loooooooot pop punk a lot before moving on to post-hardcore. I also liked some r&b and hiphop, classical and even country.
Pop punk... like blink 182? Billy Talent?

Oh and i also listen to pop music

I mainly listen to k-pop and j-pop nowadays
Jfl that's cagefuel

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: truthhurts and Gengar
Pop punk... like blink 182? Billy Talent?

Oh and i also listen to pop music
Yes. Blink-182, Sum 41, Busted, Allister, Inspection 12, and so many others. I saw Sum 41 live in 2012. I lost my shoe but one of my friends found it and gave it to me at the end of it hahah.
Jfl that's cagefuel
Why is that funny, JFL.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: truthhurts and deadstock
Yes. Blink-182, Sum 41, Busted, Allister, Inspection 12, and so many others. I saw Sum 41 live in 2012. I lost my shoe but one of my friends found it and gave it to me at the end of it hahah.
Damn that's awesome. Sum 41 was my first ever CD i got as a kid. Been listening to their first albums ever since i was a child til today

Why is that funny, JFL.
I mainly listen to k-pop and j-pop nowadays

Stare

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: truthhurts and Gengar
Hahahaha no way, Stick Stickly was my jam too. And I was listening to Hatebreed in the morning even though I hadn't done that. By the way. I got great news for you. Poison the Well is going to record a new album later this year. It's been confirmed. There's not many South Asians who like metalcore / post-hardcore etc. You know I actually went to a few shows. Do you know Dance Gavin Dance? I saw them live on their 10 year anniversary tour. I also met Jonny Craig. Twice. He's such a nice guy, he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets. Manlet he is but his voice is that of a man with a 9 feet stature. I also saw A Day to Remember live in 2010 and a bunch of other bands that I can't recall. I also saw Sum 41 live. Yes these guys are pop punk but still. But the best show I've ever been to was a metalcore show. I can tell more in PMs if you're interested.
Oh yeah, you were a scene kid back in the day right? Mogs hard, you prob got to see a ton of bands when they were still good. I think I would have been one as well. I was just born too late

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts
Damn that's awesome. Sum 41 was my first ever CD i got as a kid. Been listening to their first albums ever since i was a child til today
Really? That’s a coincidence. While I didn’t get a Sum 41 CD, the first CD I bought was blink-182’s Enema of the State. So both our first cds were pop punk cds. I was 16 when I bought it.

Man I love j-pop and k-pop. That’s not even my guilty pleasure. :feelshah:

• +1
Reactions: deadstock and truthhurts
Name some of your favorite bands. You too bhais. @TechnoBoss @sportsmogger
Hebe u listened to the song I sent to you bhai :ogre:

Oh yeah, you were a scene kid back in the day right? Mogs hard, you prob got to see a ton of bands when they were still good. I think I would have been one as well. I was just born too late
Yup I was an emo kid but unfortunately I didn’t go to shows often. Would have been better if I lived in the states, I would have gone to Warped Tour. I have only seen A Day to Remember and other lesser known bands they played with during a music festival in 2010, Sum 41 in 2012 Dance Gavin Dance in 2016 and Slaves in 2017 and the show I went to this year in 2024. But it’s awesome to find a fellow South Asian who’s into this. We are a rare breed. But sadly the emo / scene days are long gone. When were you born?

• +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer and truthhurts