Any news on the N2 mini implant?

LebenistneHure

LebenistneHure

Silver
This should be of much interest to anyone with a long nose midface. Last study was conducted in 2015. Since then no news about it, at least none that I can find.

This is the simulated superimposition of the implant's effects achieved through applying a force at a positive 30 degrees. This would be a life-changer for long-midfacecels.
40510 2015 83 Fig16 HTML

• +1
Reactions: anticel, AscendingHero and thecel
N2 is just a type of screw, these different changes are due to the different placements of marpe

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Methods: A 3D cranial mesh model with associated sutures was developed from CT images and Mimics modeling software. Utilizing ANSYS simulation software, protraction forces were applied at different locations and directions to simulate conventional facemask therapy and seven maxillary protraction protocols utilizing the novel N2 mini-implant. Stress distribution and displacement were analyzed. Video animations and superimpositions were created.

Results: By changing the vector of force and location of N2 mini-implant, the maxilla was displaced differentially. Varying degrees of forward, downward, and rotational movements were observed in each case. For brachyfacial patients, anterior micro-implant-supported protraction at -45° or intermaxillary class III elastics at -45° are recommended. For dolicofacial patients, either anterior micro-implants at -15° or an intermaxillary spring at +30° is recommended. For mesofacial patients with favorable vertical maxillary position, palatal micro-implants at -30° are recommended; anterior micro-implants at -30° are preferred for shallow bites. For patients with a severe mid-facial deficiency, intermaxillary class III elastics at -30° are most effective in promoting anterior growth of the maxilla.

I mean you could actually read what it is -_-
As far as I can see in this study, they used an N2 screw as an anchor for facemask alongside marpe,

Last edited:
  • +1
Why is this forum so low IQ
Methods: A 3D cranial mesh model with associated sutures was developed from CT images and Mimics modeling software. Utilizing ANSYS simulation software, protraction forces were applied at different locations and directions to simulate conventional facemask therapy and seven maxillary protraction protocols utilizing the novel N2 mini-implant. Stress distribution and displacement were analyzed. Video animations and superimpositions were created.

Results: By changing the vector of force and location of N2 mini-implant, the maxilla was displaced differentially. Varying degrees of forward, downward, and rotational movements were observed in each case. For brachyfacial patients, anterior micro-implant-supported protraction at -45° or intermaxillary class III elastics at -45° are recommended. For dolicofacial patients, either anterior micro-implants at -15° or an intermaxillary spring at +30° is recommended. For mesofacial patients with favorable vertical maxillary position, palatal micro-implants at -30° are recommended; anterior micro-implants at -30° are preferred for shallow bites. For patients with a severe mid-facial deficiency, intermaxillary class III elastics at -30° are most effective in promoting anterior growth of the maxilla.

I mean you could actually read what it is -_-
As far as I can see in this study, they used an N2 screw as an anchor for facemask alongside marpe,
Point was, this is about as far as we know. I read the study. This is all I could find about it. I was wondering if someone had any news about this, any further progress rather than just simulations.

• +1