Any oral appliances to fix my overbite without recessing myself

G

Googusthegreat

Iron
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Posts
15
Reputation
8
I’ve been going to this ortho since like I was 8 or 10 originally for my overbite and this nga has been cooking my health, I can’t even breath through my nose without discomfort and I’ve had braces for like almost 2 years with this clinic. If I were to switch what appliances should I do, expander, herbst, mason, or Marpe? Or anything. If u are knowledgeable pls tell I’m desperate i want to know how many mm of forward projection i could get. I’m 14 almost turning 15 and I paranoid i cant change my face since I was an early bloomer and stand at 6ft. My mandible recessed and I just want to max out my potential at this age before resorting to more extreme options
 
  • +1
Reactions: keife
nah there cope
 
I’ve been going to this ortho since like I was 8 or 10 originally for my overbite and this nga has been cooking my health, I can’t even breath through my nose without discomfort and I’ve had braces for like almost 2 years with this clinic. If I were to switch what appliances should I do, expander, herbst, mason, or Marpe? Or anything. If u are knowledgeable pls tell I’m desperate i want to know how many mm of forward projection i could get. I’m 14 almost turning 15 and I paranoid i cant change my face since I was an early bloomer and stand at 6ft. My mandible recessed and I just want to max out my potential at this age before resorting to more extreme options
not with appliances like herbst and stuff like that not at your age at least. you may be able to get 1mm extra growth with the appliacnces at your age which will be a combination of a downwards and forwards but you wont notice really anyway tbh. also if this guy didnt give you a herbst at 8 thats actually bs. marpe is good for your smile mostly. but really u wont be able to do much without surgery
 
I’ve been going to this ortho since like I was 8 or 10 originally for my overbite and this nga has been cooking my health, I can’t even breath through my nose without discomfort and I’ve had braces for like almost 2 years with this clinic. If I were to switch what appliances should I do, expander, herbst, mason, or Marpe? Or anything. If u are knowledgeable pls tell I’m desperate i want to know how many mm of forward projection i could get. I’m 14 almost turning 15 and I paranoid i cant change my face since I was an early bloomer and stand at 6ft. My mandible recessed and I just want to max out my potential at this age before resorting to more extreme options
Dm me I’ll help u out bro
 
K I appreciate but I’m lowkey in the middle of science class rn so give me minute lmao, teacher talks by abt some photosynthesis rn
 
  • +1
Reactions: keife

Similar threads

sunlessthegreat
Replies
12
Views
66
sunlessthegreat
sunlessthegreat
dragomog
Replies
10
Views
101
idontmogYET
idontmogYET
boby boneless
Replies
3
Views
57
patrickbateman0205
patrickbateman0205
Majklos
Replies
3
Views
63
Majklos
Majklos
truetruehtn
Replies
14
Views
90
jacobthrows
jacobthrows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top