Any ways to minimize skin purging on Tretinoin?

sympathy4thegrinch

sympathy4thegrinch

Iron
Joined
Jan 7, 2026
Posts
78
Reputation
91
Struggled with acne, found a routine that actually worked for me, got my skin to an alright place, and then started using 0.05% Tretinoin cream about 2 weeks ago to try to even out my tone.

I'm 99% sure my skin is purging (which I'm aware is a good thing) but I feel like I can't even show my face. My skin genuinely looks horrible and I haven't really seen any solutions on how to mitigate purging. It's almost like any and all progress my skin made has been reverted and literally the only change I've made is applying Tretinoin.

You guys got anything that helped when your skin purged or nah? If not I guess I'll be dodging plans for a couple of weeks :lul:

Tryna get glass skin by late June.

Edit: This is my routine:

PM: Pea sized amount on cleansed and dried skin, followed by moisturizer.

AM: Cleanse, moisturize, sunscreen.
 
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: hoodsiickle
It just happens you cant really do much about it
 
  • +1
Reactions: sympathy4thegrinch
Struggled with acne, found a routine that actually worked for me, got my skin to an alright place, and then started using 0.05% Tretinoin cream about 2 weeks ago to try to even out my tone.

I'm 99% sure my skin is purging (which I'm aware is a good thing) but I feel like I can't even show my face. My skin genuinely looks horrible and I haven't really seen any solutions on how to mitigate purging. It's almost like any and all progress my skin made has been reverted and literally the only change I've made is applying Tretinoin.

You guys got anything that helped when your skin purged or nah? If not I guess I'll be dodging plans for a couple of weeks :lul:

Tryna get glass skin by late June.

Edit: This is my routine:

PM: Pea sized amount on cleansed and dried skin, followed by moisturizer.

AM: Cleanse, moisturize, sunscreen.
cant do much about it u js gotta get through it
 
  • +1
Reactions: sympathy4thegrinch
c
Struggled with acne, found a routine that actually worked for me, got my skin to an alright place, and then started using 0.05% Tretinoin cream about 2 weeks ago to try to even out my tone.

I'm 99% sure my skin is purging (which I'm aware is a good thing) but I feel like I can't even show my face. My skin genuinely looks horrible and I haven't really seen any solutions on how to mitigate purging. It's almost like any and all progress my skin made has been reverted and literally the only change I've made is applying Tretinoin.

You guys got anything that helped when your skin purged or nah? If not I guess I'll be dodging plans for a couple of weeks :lul:

Tryna get glass skin by late June.

Edit: This is my routine:

PM: Pea sized amount on cleansed and dried skin, followed by moisturizer.

AM: Cleanse, moisturize, sunscreen.
concealer
 

Similar threads

alejandrolowkmog
Replies
4
Views
59
alejandrolowkmog
alejandrolowkmog
Mehmoo
Replies
3
Views
67
iblamexyz
I
Brody.
Replies
6
Views
34
sample
sample
T
Replies
5
Views
52
yahgamy
yahgamy
scandi
Replies
12
Views
68
Majklos
Majklos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top