Anybody else think they look 10x more asymmetrical when flipping their pictures?

VST

VST

Mentalcel Supreme™ with Cheese
The front facing camera on snapchat mirrors your image.

I noticed that whenever taking pictures with my phones front facing camera (which doesn't mirror my photos) my eyes look 10x more asymmetrical, same goes for video when it isn't mirrored, but when I record myself with my snapchat camera which mirrors my image I don't even notice those asymmetries, and nobody noticed them when I posted pictures of myself on here and reddit.

Anybody else think they look better in mirrored photos than IRL?

• +1
Reactions: NormieKilla, GenericChad1444 and SHARK

I noticed that whenever taking pictures with my phones front facing camera (which doesn't mirror my photos) my eyes look 10x more asymmetrical, same goes for video when it isn't mirrored, but when I record myself with my snapchat camera which mirrors my image I don't even notice those asymmetries, and nobody noticed them when I posted pictures of myself on here and reddit.

I have that when I use True Face App - I mean my face seems more asymmetrical

I have that when I use True Face App - I mean my face seems more asymmetrical
Yeah, but other people never really notice it.
I've mirrored pics of "GL" celebrities and noticed that they all look alien-like.
So do we look better to others IRL, but god awful mirrored, and good to ourselves mirrored, but awful IRL?

once i was sharing a mirror with my sister and she told me my face would look so weird in the mirror. probably because she wasn't used to see my face mirrored.

Yeah, but other people never really notice it.
I've mirrored pics of "GL" celebrities and noticed that they all look alien-like.
So do we look better to others IRL, but god awful mirrored, and good to ourselves mirrored, but awful IRL?
no it's just your brain likes what it knows theory, so while usually you see yourself in the mirror, when you flip it you just appear strange to the brain...

• +1
Reactions: Cali Yuga
I have over 60k pics of myself. 20k or so is mirrored and the rest non mirrored

I think I look the same at both. You just have to get used to it.

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers and androidcel
Some psychology thing about being used to your reflection more than actual pictures, so you notice little imperfections more.

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
that's like 70 pics a day for 4 years, u krazy

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Yeah pictures rarely resemble how you really look like , its your brain same thing when seeing one of your friends or relatives in the mirror. they look different like you never saw them before, People actual see you different in the real world mirror is just a reflection. Allot of mirrors i look different in aswell its just doesnt show who you are accurately enough.This is a true story happend last month.

I was in a H&M clothing store i looked fucking amazing in that mirror, Felt good went into another store looked in that mirror. I went home right away.

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
You used to that image cuz of the mirror

Snapchat camera > normal camera I hate normal camera I never looked good on it

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
Yes bro, i think its because your brain isn't used to seeing that image.

Snapchat camera > normal camera I hate normal camera I never looked good on it

ngl with correct lighting and angular frauding I look insane on snapchat camera. Can see why people like it so much, especially on iphone. The second I switch to a normal camera however, I feel like roping that very moment

ngl with correct lighting and angular frauding I look insane on snapchat camera. Can see why people like it so much, especially on iphone. The second I switch to a normal camera however, I feel like roping that very moment
post pics then tbh tbh

post pics then tbh tbh

Don't have a snapchat camera or an iphone lol. My friend takes snaps with me. Besides even if I did I'm way too fucking insecure and aspie to post a pic tbh.

yup my eyes especially look way more asymmetrical.

coping is too much here, flipped pics are your real face.

if you want to know what you are really look like, take front camera pic with no lens distortion from 3 meters away.

coping is too much here, flipped pics are your real face.

if you want to know what you are really look like, take front camera pic with no lens distortion from 3 meters away.
agree with this. but we already have a perception of our self in mirrors so it isn't a fair test.

Yes of course, and I think most people would agree. Once you've seen a flipped version of the same image your brain compares the two and detects any asymmetry.

I think video taken from 7 meters away is the most accurate of what you look like

That's why i turn my pictures so they look asymmetrical to me, but normal to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back