Anyone been caught wearing lifts?

Luke LLL

Luke LLL

The good days are ahead
Has anyone been caught, or just taken their shoes off around people?

I don’t really like lying to people so this is my reason for not wearing lifts. Also I try not to buy shoes that add a lot to my height because I don’t wanna fake anything, especially when you can get caught and called out for it.

The key is to have a reason to wear them. I have some supintion in my feet and my parents have told me I should get insoles.

Looking online I can find some decent ones which could add an inch or so and make me a healthy 6'3" or 6'4" with shoes.

So just have some reason for wearing insoles or whatever if anyone asks, even if it's just for comfort.

• +1
Reactions: BlackPillChad, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and LordNorwood
anything above an inch is dangerous, especially if you have people the same height as you before

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, Justttt, Dicklet.4.3 and 3 others
No one will notice or care sub 3", see @Amnesia

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: chadpreetinthemaking, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and turkproducer
My colleague wore airmaxs and I could tell instantly without looking at his shoes.

• +1
Reactions: R@m@, Short Ugly and Brown, turkproducer and 1 other person
The key is to have a reason to wear them. I have some supintion in my feet and my parents have told me I should get insoles.

Looking online I can find some decent ones which could add an inch or so and make me a healthy 6'3" or 6'4" with shoes.

So just have some reason for wearing insoles or whatever if anyone asks, even if it's just for comfort.
This is great advice and in general you should have a functional cover for your noticeable looksmaxxes imo, some functional reason to offer when someone notices so you won't appear vain, obviously won't work for every case
I wear a pair of chukkas with pretty thick soles sometimes that noticeably elevates me above other 6'3 people but when I wear normal shoes the next day no one notices or comments on the difference so I think you can get away with 1 inch or less

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4614, BlackPillChad and 6'4 looksmaxxxer
how isn’t 2 inches noticeable? wtf
When i wear footwear that adds 2cm to my height and get me to 6'5 people tell right away how the fuck can you wear 3 in lifts and look normal and nobody notices ? I bet it looks like heels :lul:
This is great advice and in general you should have a functional cover for your noticeable looksmaxxes imo, some functional reason to offer when someone notices so you won't appear vain, obviously won't work for every case
I wear a pair of chukkas with pretty thick soles sometimes that noticeably elevates me above other 6'3 people but when I wear normal shoes the next day no one notices or comments on the difference so I think you can get away with 1 inch or less
Like seriously 1 in is the max or you'll look ridiculous

• +1
Reactions: InZayn, turkproducer and LordNorwood
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: turkproducer and 6'4 looksmaxxxer
Has anyone been caught, or just taken their shoes off around people?

I don’t really like lying to people so this is my reason for not wearing lifts. Also I try not to buy shoes that add a lot to my height because I don’t wanna fake anything, especially when you can get caught and called out for it.
if you remove the shoes and other people notice the lift, just tell them it's an orthopedic insole

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Short Ugly and Brown, LordNorwood and Luke LLL
Honestly we wouldn’t be on this site if we didn’t look ridiculous
3 in lifts will make anyone look like a clown everyone can tell

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and Luke LLL
When i wear footwear that adds 2cm to my height and get me to 6'5 people tell right away how the fuck can you wear 3 in lifts and look normal and nobody notices ? I bet it looks like heels :lul:

Like seriously 1 in is the max or you'll look ridiculous
For me fashion is the excuse, actually its the truth as I bought them because they looked good with no concern for height lol. I bet people do notice I'm taller with them on but they just think "oh that's a pair of fashionable boots that happen to also have a thick sole". Same with the sneaker craze in my social circles. Inserts I think are trickier as you have noticeable gain and only if someone has the balls to actually ask you about it can you then give your excuse.

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer
if you remove the shoes and other people notice the lift, just tell them it's an orthopedic insole
So this has happened to you?

So this has happened to you?
I removed my shoes in front of other people many times but no one noticed neither the lift nor the sudden height change

For me fashion is the excuse, actually its the truth as I bought them because they looked good with no concern for height lol. I bet people do notice I'm taller with them on but they just think "oh that's a pair of fashionable boots that happen to also have a thick sole". Same with the sneaker craze in my social circles. Inserts I think are trickier as you have noticeable gain and only if someone has the balls to actually ask you about it can you then give your excuse.
Same i only have sneakers with 1 inch height boost cause i like the way they look tbh

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
  • JFL
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer
Id say you can safely add 2 inches, anything above that is pushing it.

If you wear nikes or some shit like that
No one cares

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
I only do it for dances & stuff when the ladies wearing heels & even then only an inch.

2 inches is actual really a lot. Most women would make fun of that, but they dont realize just how big 2 inches is.

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
A few times people have said "you look taller today."

I just tell them I'm wearing different shoes and I've been doing yoga stretches for my posture.

Nobody ever questions it beyond that

• +1
when i was obsessed with height i wore them always and no one noticed that it were insoles... it's a pity that there is no insole for a horse midface

• So Sad
Those shorter than you or the same height can tell easily when you wear lifts but if they are taller then you the won't likely notice.

Those shorter than you or the same height can tell easily when you wear lifts but if they are taller then you the won't likely notice.
Most people I know are shorter than me

sub6feet ---> wear 1 inch lifts MAX
6feet or above ---> wear up to 2 inch lifts MAX

id maybe even say 1 inch for both, women constantly look to see if men fraud since they always do themselves

Wear 2.5 lifts everyday, no one gives a shit lol.

If you need them at over 6’ then your face is ugly as shit

Wear 2.5 lifts everyday, no one gives a shit lol.
Mirin cillian murphy in the avi, the man might have shitty eye are but he's still a mog machine due to jaw, zygos, and eye colour.

• +1
Reactions: Rift