Anyone else got there skin fucked by tret?

mog_me

mog_me

Skincel
Title. My skin became way worse after using tret. I had mild acne and was prescribed tret so I used it for a while and now my skin is majorly fucked

if its still shit after 3 month of usage then increase in concentration

That's the purpose of tret you fucking retard. All the acne you have that's hidden under your skin will pop out and then disappear as time goes

That's the purpose of tret you fucking retard. All the acne you have that's hidden under your skin will pop out and then disappear as time goes
I’ve been using tret since august. I should be seeing results by now

It’s called purging and most people experience it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070
I’ve been using tret since august. I should be seeing results by now
Maybe your skin is allergic and tret results in an immune response that causes acne idk. Try something like azelaic acid if your skin doesn’t respond well to retinoids considering your acne was mild.

Maybe your skin is allergic and tret results in an immune response that causes acne idk. Try something like azelaic acid if your skin doesn’t respond well to retinoids.
Used that shit it doesn’t work

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
I use tret for acne from skinorac and it takes time to see the results but it's worth the time

• +1
Reactions: lost222
still purging, gotta push through it

No way, it’s legit been since august
that’s when started as well. i’m just starting to see improvements. takes a lot of people a year + to have glass skin

your skin gets worse at first then gets better also if u are using cream version it has ingredients that clog pores.

• +1
Reactions: mog_me
he obviously has sensitive skin and fucked his skin barrier do you want to make him rope?
he should use altreno lotion form tret which hydrates the skin of taz cream which does not have pore clogging ingredients.

he should use altreno lotion form tret which hydrates the skin of taz cream which does not have pore clogging ingredients.
cant really tell without pics anyway @mog_me do you have side effects like dry red skin, does moisturizing sting?

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
Yes when I used tret but I haven’t used it in like 4 days
i suggest you rest until you feel your skin is fully healed, should take about 1-2 weeks, then start with the lowest concentration you can get and apply less than a pea sized amount to the whole face every 2-3 days. it will take a bit long but its the only way for sensitive skincels. you can increase the dose gradually

You damaged your skin barrier, a lot of peoples skin can't handle strong retinoids. Stop using it and baby your skin while restoring your barrier with light hydrating products and a thick moisturizer at night.

You said you're 16 so you're probably going through hormonal acne which tretinoin likely can't fix. You can either get on accutane or wait until you're done puberty.

If you really want to use a retinoid, wait until your barrier is fully healed (will probably take a few weeks) and try short contact therapy with adapalene.

But yeah, don't listen to the people saying you're purging or that you should go up in strength, you're irritated.

• +1
Reactions: mog_me
You damaged your skin barrier, a lot of peoples skin can't handle strong retinoids. Stop using it and baby your skin while restoring your barrier with light hydrating products and a thick moisturizer at night.

You said you're 16 so you're probably going through hormonal acne which tretinoin likely can't fix. You can either get on accutane or wait until you're done puberty.

If you really want to use a retinoid, wait until your barrier is fully healed (will probably take a few weeks) and try short contact therapy with adapalene.

But yeah, don't listen to the people saying you're purging or that you should go up in strength, you're irritated.
0.05 is the weakest and only strength I have

Honestly idk what the cause of my acne is but I honestly think it’s from tret because I had mild acne before using it and the acne got worse and worse until it started scaring and it hasn’t gotten better for months