Anyone else here have a narrow forehead/temples but wide jaw?

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
I’ve found the perfect haircut for this head/face shape after years of experimenting on myself lol

I’ve noticed that hair makes a huge difference with this shape, I can literally make myself look very bloated or chiselled just with a haircut.

This is probably why I’ve been so obsessed with hair as it impacts me a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16346, Deleted member 8988 and alriodai
Nah I have wide forehead/temples and a medium/wide jaw but short mandible. Wide face is chad but without the king mandible it’s so immasculine. Was so close to being chad :feelswhy:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Slob and JamesHowlett
Nah I have wide forehead/temples and a medium/wide jaw but short mandible. Wide face is chad but without the king mandible it’s so immasculine. Was so close to being chad :feelswhy:
how is your dick? any gains?

I have the exact opposite and it’s brutal

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn and bogii
So what haircut works for this face shape

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
yeah same for me, I look like quagmire when I get a short haircut :ogre:

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
So what haircut works for this face shape
Top can be medium length, most important aspect of the cut is the sides, gonna break down the sides into thirds (top/middle/lower third):

- You NEED some volume at the top and middle third, going too short too high will round your face and make you look bloated as you don’t have the temple structure. At the same time, too much volume here will make your face look wider. For me I’ve found the sweet spot is to buzz the sides to a grade 6; works well with my hair thickness and there’s no scalp exposure. Top and middle third needs to be a similar length; for normal haircuts it’s common to have the top third longer than the middle third. With our faces, it just makes our face shorter and wider in a bad way.
- Now what you do with the lower third is what will really make that wide jaw pop. You have some volume at the sides which provides structure to your jaw, however if the lower third also has volume your face will look boring and will just melt into your hair unless your face is very lean/you have very prominent zygos. You need to get a low fade. This contrast will make your face look chiselled, define your cheekbones and make your jaw pop like crazy. I can’t stress this enough, it needs to be low (around eyebrow level) and actually faded, can’t just be a big step. For me, I get grade 1.5 faded down into a grade 0.5 at sideburns. The 1.5 needs to be faded into the grade 6 using clipper or scissor over comb for a clean gradient, again do not take the fade much higher when doing this.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16346, Deleted member 8988, Atem Rah and 1 other person
Top can be medium length, most important aspect of the cut is the sides, gonna break down the sides into thirds (top/middle/lower third):

- You NEED some volume at the top and middle third, going too short too high will round your face and make you look bloated as you don’t have the temple structure. At the same time, too much volume here will make your face look wider. For me I’ve found the sweet spot is to buzz the sides to a grade 6; works well with my hair thickness and there’s no scalp exposure. Top and middle third needs to be a similar length; for normal haircuts it’s common to have the top third longer than the middle third. With our faces, it just makes our face shorter and wider in a bad way.
- Now what you do with the lower third is what will really make that wide jaw pop. You have some volume at the sides which provides structure to your jaw, however if the lower third also has volume your face will look boring and will just melt into your hair unless you’re face is very lean/you have very prominent zygos. You need to get a low fade. This contrast will make your face look chiselled, define your cheekbones and make your jaw pop like crazy. I can’t stress this enough, it needs to be low (around eyebrow level) and actually faded, can’t just be a big step. For me, I get grade 1.5 faded down into a grade 0.5 at sideburns. The 1.5 needs to be faded into the grade 6 using clipper or scissor over comb for a clean gradient, again do not take the fade much higher when doing this.

give some examples

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Atem Rah
@Atem Rah

Needs less volume at top/middle third but this is a similar look:

3502EC9E E4C1 4A89 BBCF 3B3ADB644061

Looks very high SMV too

• +1
Reactions: Atem Rah
@gamma @Atem Rah

Also, for some reason this haircut makes my eyes look bigger and more wider set. My eyes look noticeably closer set (and therefore worse) when I don’t have a low fade.

@Atem Rah

Needs less volume at top/middle third but this is a similar look:

View attachment 1700575

Looks very high SMV too
why are these photos always taken from the side profile? :feelsree: I want to know how it looks from the front, that's the most important side

• +1
why are these photos always taken from the side profile? :feelsree: I want to know how it looks from the front, that's the most important side
Yeah they’re all from the side, normie barbers just wanna see how good the cut looks, they rarely care whether it looks good on a face lol

I have the exact opposite and it’s brutal
Wide temples and narrow jaw?

Best fix for that is high fade + heavy stubble. This looks good on people with your head/face shape and is fashionable + NT.

By short mandible do you mean short chin? Or maybe your face is wide due to zygos? Having a hard time picturing this.

By short mandible do you mean short chin? Or maybe your face is wide due to zygos? Having a hard time picturing this.
No from the front my lower third is decently wide. But my mandible is short (basically poor forward growth) so it looks like shit from the side and it just still looks like a weak jaw from the front even tho it is wide. Forward growth and long mandible are very important

• +1
No from the front my lower third is decently wide. But my mandible is short (basically poor forward growth) so it looks like shit from the side and it just still looks like a weak jaw from the front even tho it is wide. Forward growth and long mandible are very important
Ahh I get you now

- Now what you do with the lower third is what will really make that wide jaw pop. You have some volume at the sides which provides structure to your jaw, however if the lower third also has volume your face will look boring and will just melt into your hair unless your face is very lean/you have very prominent zygos. You need to get a low fade. This contrast will make your face look chiselled, define your cheekbones and make your jaw pop like crazy. I can’t stress this enough, it needs to be low (around eyebrow level) and actually faded, can’t just be a big step. For me, I get grade 1.5 faded down into a grade 0.5 at sideburns. The 1.5 needs to be faded into the grade 6 using clipper or scissor over comb for a clean gradient, again do not take the fade much higher when doing this.
do you still do this when you have a buzzcut up top?

I have a wide forehead with narrow jaw

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: bogii and JamesHowlett
  • +1
Reactions: Oberyn