Anyone ever done cell phone flipping in 2021? How profitable?

Deleted member 14203

Deleted member 14203

Platinum
I'm in the US BTW.

When I was like 14 I flipped like 7 or 8 phones before I got my first real job at 15.

I would meet up with people on Craigslist haggle the FUCK out of them. Half the time I didn't even need to haggle they would just offer them for 100 less than they were going on ebay. It helped that I litterally looked homeless too, I wore shoes with holes in them, I weighed like 100 pounds at 5'8" and my clothes were always dirty. I didn't even do it on purpose, my family was legit poor and I was giga NON-NT so I didn't care about buying new shoes/clothes. I think a lot of the people just felt bad for me so they accepted my extreme lowballs.

I bought fully working phones too JFL. Can't really run starving white trash crackhead boy game anymore, but I have heard you can buy them from IRL sites with like cracked screens or broken speakers, then easily repair it and make decent profit reselling it online.

Was reading about it online and I saw a lot of fearmongering. Like you buy phones that are icloud locked or get scammed by people on eBay. Anyone know how viable this is? Might try it out but I don't wanna waste too much money.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and Deleted member 6423
Just coom

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member and Deleted member 14203
phones are much more different nowadays than years ago plus many people tend to even make a loan for a new phone than to buy it from someone second hand

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14203
I know an entrepreneurial YouTube channel that still advocates flipping phones, and even though I haven’t done it myself, I know how dirt cheap certain repairs can be when it’s DIY, and so I surmise it can be profitable if you play your cards correctly.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14203