Anyone had any fucking experience with benzoyl erocide

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
Just bought lowest doseage benzoyl peroxide possible. Will this shit work when combined with tretinoin for acne like this

19A6652C 2D33 40F4 B639 C1A5AECD6D86

C6795A61 5C27 4B4C 9824 B0129753C73E

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7419
unrelated note but good job bro for serving your country don't die and get high ranking in millitary.

respectable cause.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slayercel and volcelfatcel
unrelated note but good job bro for serving your country don't die and get high ranking in millitary.

respectable cause.
thank you but shit is brutal tbh dawg I hate acne

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11370
such a common cream and nobody has used it what the fuck

Dude what the fuck is wrong with this site I had to type the title 3 times then when it finally came out it looks like that I typed it right fucking hell

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 12165
Yes it works for mild acne/pimples I used it before. It is nowhere close to Tret though (never taken but I’ve seen online)

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Yes it works for mild acne/pimples I used it before. It is nowhere close to Tret though (never taken but I’ve seen online)
I’m trying to use both. I’ve bought benzoyl peroxide in the lowest possible percentage for the morning, and tretinoin for night time.

I’m trying to use both. I’ve bought benzoyl peroxide in the lowest possible percentage for the morning, and tretinoin for night time.
I tried using benzyl peroxide for a few months before switching to just tretinoin. It definitely cleared up my acne a bit but I had better results with tretinoin. I've found conflicting information on whether to use both at the same time so I didn't bother, especially considering just tretinoin was already enough to fully clear up my acne.

I found some stuff saying using both at the same time can irritate your skin.
"Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, it is especially important to avoid using the following skin products on the same area as tretinoin:
- Any other topical acne product or skin product containing a peeling agent (eg, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, salicylic acid, or sulfur) ...
Using these products along with tretinoin may cause mild to severe irritation of the skin"
- Tretinoin (Topical Route) Precautions - Mayo Clinic

But I also found sources like this this study that stated there's little side effects if you applied tretinoin in the morning and benzyl peroxide at night.
"A clinical trial using tretinoin lotion 0.05%. benzoyl peroxide 5% and 10% as topical application was performed on 250 ambulatory patients suffering from various degrees of acne vulgaris. The results indicate that tretinoin applied in the morning and benzoyl peroxide applied at night is the most efficacious regimen to be used, with minimal side effects."
- The combined use of topical benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin in the treatment of acne vulgaris - PubMed (nih.gov)

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath

benzoyl peroxide didnt do much for me, but I also didnt cleanse before applying

I tried using benzyl peroxide for a few months before switching to just tretinoin. It definitely cleared up my acne a bit but I had better results with tretinoin. I've found conflicting information on whether to use both at the same time so I didn't bother, especially considering just tretinoin was already enough to fully clear up my acne.

I found some stuff saying using both at the same time can irritate your skin.
"Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, it is especially important to avoid using the following skin products on the same area as tretinoin:
- Any other topical acne product or skin product containing a peeling agent (eg, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, salicylic acid, or sulfur) ...
Using these products along with tretinoin may cause mild to severe irritation of the skin"
- Tretinoin (Topical Route) Precautions - Mayo Clinic

But I also found sources like this this study that stated there's little side effects if you applied tretinoin in the morning and benzyl peroxide at night.
"A clinical trial using tretinoin lotion 0.05%. benzoyl peroxide 5% and 10% as topical application was performed on 250 ambulatory patients suffering from various degrees of acne vulgaris. The results indicate that tretinoin applied in the morning and benzoyl peroxide applied at night is the most efficacious regimen to be used, with minimal side effects."
- The combined use of topical benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin in the treatment of acne vulgaris - PubMed (nih.gov)
I’m currently just starting .05% tretinoin. I have it on my face as I’m typing this, just now starting. Did it work well for you brother? I’m hoping it will work for me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2785

benzoyl peroxide didnt do much for me, but I also didnt cleanse before applying

I hope to combine it with tretinoin to get better results. I’m using the lowest possible % for the least irritation hoping it works. It’s 2.5% benzoyl peroxide I want to use it in the morning and .05% tretinoin at night.

I’m currently just starting .05% tretinoin. I have it on my face as I’m typing this, just now starting. Did it work well for you brother? I’m hoping it will work for me.
I was on .025% for 3 months at first and have been on .05% for about 6-7 months now. Tretinoin was really appealing to me because my skin was severely fucked from acne scars/blackheads/hyperpigmentation. My skin isn't perfectly clear or anything but it's improved significantly. I don't breakout any more and all my scarring etc. has become way less noticeable.

I was on .025% for 3 months at first and have been on .05% for about 6-7 months now. Tretinoin was really appealing to me because my skin was severely fucked from acne scars/blackheads/hyperpigmentation. My skin isn't perfectly clear or anything but it's improved significantly. I don't breakout any more and all my scarring etc. has become way less noticeable.
Interesting. Do you think in the future tretinoin will leave you with relatively normal looking skin? Trying to figure out what this cream will do for me personally, if it’s going to give me the kind of results I want or not.