Anyone here got SARPE?

D

Deleted member 17244

Slavic beauty
title. I have too narrow maxilla in relation with my mandible and I need widen it according to my maxfac. But its also possible to do with lf1 expansion so idk its sarpe even worth it

title. I have too narrow maxilla in relation with my mandible and I need widen it according to my maxfac. But its also possible to do with lf1 expansion so idk its sarpe even worth it
My maxilla is pretty wide with broad palate. IDK why you want it.

My maxilla is pretty wide with broad palate. IDK why you want it.
to correct malloclusion (crossbite) and then push maxilla forward to correct an underbite.

I guess you would want a two piece lefort.

Paper comparing it with SARPE:
I plan on getting Ease myself which is very similar to sarpe You can ask me questions on discord if u want.

From what I have read with two peice leforts tho it seems theres alot more risk involved in comparison to sarpe I'll try find some studies or something if u want.

• +1
Reactions: ascension! and Deleted member 17244
No cos they all cope with MSE, thumb pulling and mewing

• +1
Reactions: Nims and Deleted member 17244
I guess you would want a two piece lefort.
View attachment 1891203
Paper comparing it with SARPE:
I plan on getting Ease myself which is very similar to sarpe You can ask me questions on discord if u want.

From what I have read with two peice leforts tho it seems theres alot more risk involved in comparison to sarpe I'll try find some studies or something if u want.
There is increased risk if you also have a SARPE before lefort 1. So the only reason to get sarpe is if you want more than 6mm expansion.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244 and Nims
There is increased risk if you also have a SARPE before lefort 1. So the only reason to get sarpe is if you want more than 6mm expansion.
Can a two part lefort achieve more than 6mm of expansion or is that its limit?

is all this sarpe mse etc. etc. beneficial aesthetically

That’s the limit or you’ll 100% face problems, which are highly likely to be serious. I’d probably recommend 5mm to stay safe.

• +1
Reactions: Nims
But just the factor of having to get TWO surgeries where you need to recover instead of just one is a big enough reason to just get a segmented lefort 1 instead of SARPE.

But my biggest reason is, I just don’t see a woman turning me down because i have a 10 tooth smile instead of 11. I have bigger issues.

• +1
Reactions: Nims
That’s the limit or you’ll 100% face problems, which are highly likely to be serious. I’d probably recommend 5mm to stay safe.
Yeah I need more than that so a 2 part is off the table tbh I mean it was anyways.

But just the factor of having to get TWO surgeries where you need to recover instead of just one is a big enough reason to just get a segmented lefort 1 instead of SARPE.
Personal preference I guess.

But my biggest reason is, I just don’t see a woman turning me down because i have a 10 tooth smile instead of 11. I have bigger issues.
I guess it depends on your reason for maxillia expansion, If your just getting it done for your smile it seems pointless.

is all this sarpe mse etc. etc. beneficial aesthetically
SARPE is, it can expand your maxilia significantly, if done in conjunction with a good bone borne expander.
Obviously if you require it expanding you maxilia laterally can significantly improve your appearence.

MSE isnt as beneficial as its not bone borne (fully (I mean it is bone borne kinda, but due to the positioning it only produces around 50% skeletal expansion with the rest being focused on teeth)), so it doesnt expand bone as much as sarpe (SARPE is surgery with a expander dont do SARPE with MSE).

• +1
Reactions: ascension! and Deleted member 16683
SARPE is, it can expand your maxilia significantly, if done in conjunction with a good bone borne expander.
Obviously if you require it expanding you maxilia laterally can significantly improve your appearence.

MSE isnt as beneficial as its not bone borne (fully (I mean it is bone borne kinda, but due to the positioning it only produces around 50% skeletal expansion with the rest being focused on teeth)), so it doesnt expand bone as much as sarpe (SARPE is surgery with a expander dont do SARPE with MSE).
it would be okay to get any of those and related maxilla/mandible expanders after bimax right?

it would be okay to get any of those and related maxilla/mandible expanders after bimax right?
No. You should expand your maxilia if requred before bimax. Do not do it after.

No. You should expand your maxilia if requred before bimax. Do not do it after.
Do you recommend me to get Bimax in the future? Do you think I have a flat face?

how does sarpe work wouldn’t my lower jaw be too small for upper jaw if you get sarpe?

No. I pray that bimax advancement is enough to fix my slightly suboptimal palate

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244