Anyone here have autism for hardware/software?

Psychophilly

Psychophilly

Oxytocin explosion
My laptop is running dota 2 so poorly, like beyond dogshit. when i bought it, it was fine but the game is evolving over time too . i don't know if it's the game or there is sth wrong with my laptop.
i can run the game on ultra setting and it dosent make any difference in performance. the issue is FPS drops from 60 to 15-20 every 10-15 second randomly in middle of the game, for 3-6 seconds.

what could be the problem? also i have 0 fps drop in demo mode (offline). i'm thinking it could be network but how could network affect fps, have this in mind that this is valve we are talking about with their subhuman game engine.

Lol this is not software/hardware tho

could be hardware, could be software how the hell could i know.
This is just cringe gamer shit fella.

Hardware is circuit & system design not ‘muh dota’ :soy:

• +1
Reactions: Bitch and Psychophilly
This is just cringe gamer shit fella.

Hardware is circuit & system design not ‘muh dota’ :soy:
true but i'm aiming to attract geeks since no one plays dota here. also i checked every software related issue as im a dev myself, i don't know jack shit about hardware tho

Have u tried an eGPU? Or just replacing it?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Psychophilly
Have u tried an eGPU? Or just replacing it?
Didn't even know its possible to replace it, is it really? and don't know what is eGPU.
it dosent have thunder bolt and shit like that, i dont think i can use egpu

just one question, adapters either work or don't right? could adapter be working poorly causing the laptop to have power issues.
holy shit it's the adapter
don't even answer i fucking know it. it's so obvious, fps drops in random order which means it's something power related.

just one question, adapters either work or don't right? could adapter be working poorly causing the laptop to have power issues.
holy shit it's the adapter
don't even answer i fucking know it. it's so obvious, fps drops in random order which means it's something power related.
What’s performance like when it’s off charge?

• +1
actually legit question, i should test. the thing is my laptop is always connected to charger 27/4.
you know, it's ok if fps drops to like 30 without charger, it's normal but if fps drops too, then it's not adapter related.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt
mirin geekiness, i think i found the issue. the adapter is fucked, laptop automatically switches to batter while in charge because the power drops. and this switching causes fps drop from 60 to 15-20.
and this switching happens a lot mid-game due to adapter being dogshit. original adapter was broken so i bought a new one from these animals in Tehran and they gave a fake made in china dogshit product.

Download hwmonitor and rivatuner and see what your cpu/GPU usage are at in game. See if you're temp throttling etc. Usually with laptops it's just the fans are clogged because your stupid nigger ass never cleans them so the shit is thermal throttling.

• +1
Download hwmonitor and rivatuner and see what your cpu/GPU usage are at in game. See if you're temp throttling etc. Usually with laptops it's just the fans are clogged because your stupid nigger ass never cleans them so the shit is thermal throttling.
one of the fans is not working, that i know.

one of the fans is not working, that i know.
fix that shit nigga fans are cheap
also put it in a well ventilated area when you use it for gaming
leave air gap underneath fan vents/etc.
if its the fan over the gpu heat sink its pbly thermal throttling

• +1
the trick is buying a new laptop/pc prebuilt my dude. Get rich!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20370