anyone here have experience with dyeing their own hair?

NorwoodAscender

NorwoodAscender

just a dude on addy enjoying life
want to do hair, lashes, and brows. should i just get it professionally done or can u get solid results doing it yourself. shits actually pretty expensive going to a salon

• +1
Reactions: muh
Solution
Orc
hair is a pain, gets damaged which leads to more shedding, and every 3-4 weeks the roots will start showing.

eyebrows and eyelashes are easy, put vaseline around the area so the skin doesn't stain and use a piece of cardboard for your lashes so you can brush them against it with a mascara brush.

the dye used for them is also much milder than hair dye, only takes like 5-10 minutes as well.
hair is a pain, gets damaged which leads to more shedding, and every 3-4 weeks the roots will start showing.

eyebrows and eyelashes are easy, put vaseline around the area so the skin doesn't stain and use a piece of cardboard for your lashes so you can brush them against it with a mascara brush.

the dye used for them is also much milder than hair dye, only takes like 5-10 minutes as well.

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
Solution

sounds good thanks. thoughts on dyeing the hair professionally tho? i’m assuming they would use better dyes than i’d find in stores right? hoping it would last a month or so

• +1
sounds good thanks. thoughts on dyeing the hair professionally tho? i’m assuming they would use better dyes than i’d find in stores right? hoping it would last a month or so
they use the same shit.

no matter how good the dye is, you will get outgrowth after 3-4 weeks and if you've naturally got lighter hair it will make you look like you're balding.

• +1
they use the same shit.

no matter how good the dye is, you will get outgrowth after 3-4 weeks and if you've naturally got lighter hair it will make you look like you're balding.
fuark i’m dirty blonde now. guess i’ll just see how dyeing my brows medium brown and lashes black look. again thanks for the help.

• +1
fuark i’m dirty blonde now. guess i’ll just see how dyeing my brows medium brown and lashes black look. again thanks for the help.
you can dye both black it doesn't look that abnormal, lots of blond people naturally have dark eyebrows.

looks off for a few days right after, dark brown also works.

• +1
looks off for a few days right after, dark brown also works
would it look less off for a few days after if i did dark brown? just don’t want to look like a complete dumbass with starting my new job after uni etc.

• +1
would it look less off for a few days after if i did dark brown? just don’t want to look like a complete dumbass with starting my new job after uni etc.
the color is a bit intense right after but you can just wash it a few times.

they use the same shit.

I'm getting a tiny few greys here and there at 32. What natural non chemical hair dye choices are there for me?

I'm getting a tiny few greys here and there at 32. What natural non chemical hair dye choices are there for me?
ammonia free dye?

basically all permanent hair dyes aren't great for your hair and scalp though.

• +1
Reactions: MakinItHappen
ammonia free dye?

basically all permanent hair dyes aren't great for your hair and scalp though.

Accurate?