anyone here on SSRI’S or used to be?

shredmaxer

shredmaxer

Gold
i’m on 40mg fluoxetine (prozac) and i have been since i was 16 now almost 21 been taking it daily, went through some bad shit and i couldn’t leave the house i was that much of mentalcell. Now i think i want to quit then i don’t want to be on this bullshit happy pill until i die. There’s a few reasons why i want to quit too but does anyone here have any experience with coming off them? withdrawals, anxiety, depression, feel like a new person? i don’t know what to expect as this is a drug i’ve been taking for years now and i hope i don’t get raped by withdrawals

doesn’t do shit and there is no withdrawal it’s made up

doesn’t do shit and there is no withdrawal it’s made up
i’ve tried to come off them before fully cutting them out and fucked it off and went back on, could definitely be placebo but the ED i sometimes get from them is definitely real

• +1
Reactions: vermillioncorefan
i’ve tried to come off them before fully cutting them out and fucked it off and went back on, could definitely be placebo but the ED i sometimes get from them is definitely real
crazy how the positives are next to none but the negatives are real

• +1
Reactions: wollet2 and shredmaxer
Yep I took it for like 8 months not much change maybe worsened my gyno and made cum more watery

You definitely have to taper off very slowly. Consult with a psychiatrist.

On a side note, how has Prozac worked for you? How does it make you feel when being on it?

My parents put me on some kind of anti depressant for about a week cause the doc recommended it, which I don't know why because I wasn't depressed. It lasted no more than a week. The stuff made me extremely pissed off. Anytime anyone would talk it would sound like they were yelling right in my ear. Stuff made me rage. I punched about three holes in the wall in our house and that was the end of that.

Did ya cum to black girls shaking their butts?
I had a thing for watching that earlier this year but no not at the time and not currently

• +1
Reactions: Lefty Rankin
I had a thing for watching that earlier this year but no not at the time and not currently
Well if you ever get back into it I'd like you to tell me about it.

got brain zaps when i quit zoloft cold turkey

• +1
Reactions: shredmaxer
There are withdrawals in my experience, I felt unusually anxious after going off it for a while.. but it faded away somewhat quickly. I didn’t use it for anywhere close to 5 years though.

yeah actual matrix drug
i wish they made me even slightly bluepilled and happy. instead it’s the redpill cuz u regret taking it immediately. i’m on wellbutrin rn and it works way better than ssri but still barely anything

• +1
Reactions: shredmaxer
Im on paxil rn and about to switch to prozac

i wish they made me even slightly bluepilled and happy. instead it’s the redpill cuz u regret taking it immediately. i’m on wellbutrin rn and it works way better than ssri but still barely anything
Have you tried SNRI's? Effexor? They tend to work better than normal SSRI's

• +1
Have you tried SNRI's? Effexor? They tend to work better than normal SSRI's
nah i tried Pristiq and Wellbutrin and lexapro only
plus a ton of antianxiety meds

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_
nah i tried Pristiq and Wellbutrin and lexapro only
plus a ton of antianxiety meds
Pristiq is (functionally) effexor, so yes, you have tried it. Sorry to hear though but it's fairly common. Tons of people need trial through quite a few antidepressants to find one that works well for them

• +1
Pristiq is (functionally) effexor, so yes, you have tried it. Sorry to hear though but it's fairly common. Tons of people need trial through quite a few antidepressants to find one that works well for them
bro i am worse than just depressed i’m non nt that’s why these meds don’t work on me

• JFL
You definitely have to taper off very slowly. Consult with a psychiatrist.

On a side note, how has Prozac worked for you? How does it make you feel when being on it?
i don’t really know if it did work i’ve been on it for 6 years and my mental health only changed when i put in the work to better my life so i actually couldn’t tell you untill i stop them and see how life is then

• +1
There are withdrawals in my experience, I felt unusually anxious after going off it for a while.. but it faded away somewhat quickly. I didn’t use it for anywhere close to 5 years though.
yeah i got anxiety and depression when i tried to quit cold turkey so i hopped back on them

i don’t really know if it did work i’ve been on it for 6 years and my mental health only changed when i put in the work to better my life so i actually couldn’t tell you untill i stop them and see how life is then
Yeah, antidepressants will make you numb but won't bring about any meaningful changes to your life. They do have a use case though and shouldn't always be dismissed.

Yeah, antidepressants will make you numb but won't bring about any meaningful changes to your life. They do have a use case though and shouldn't always be dismissed.
i think i’m at a point where i want to lower it though now maybe, i might go for 40-30 mg and see the difference and work from there i did tone it down from 40 to 20 once but went back up in winter time because seasonal depression was hitting me

• +1