Anyone here taking melatonin tablets for sleep?

Prettyboy

Prettyboy

Kraken
I am thinking about taking melatonin tablets (1mg daily) , is it a bad idea?

Do the tablets have side effects, also can you sleep well after you stop taking them? Kinda nervous tbh

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, cumbutamoren and Deleted member 1453
didn't do shit for me, even got 5 mg daily, 0 :feelsrope:

• So Sad
Reactions: Prettyboy
I use 10mg and go to sleep quickly.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TITUS and Prettyboy
Just do alot of activities like sports and u will need sleep
I already workout almost everyday, still sometimes I just cannot sleep well . And since I'm natty when it happens it fuck my T up :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: TITUS
I've taken it, very mild

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
melatonin didn't wotk for me only got three hours sleep, then i tried quetiapine and it works amazing would recomend

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and Prettyboy
don't worry, it will not shut down endogenous production, but regular sleep will just feel shit in comparison. 1mg is good to start with, but I need at least 3-5 tbh

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Prettyboy and coolguy1
Na no side effects

Last edited:
  • Love it
my mom takes my prescribed sleep meds

• JFL
Reactions: Prettyboy and TITUS
I take it when I go to bed earlier than usually. It helps with falling asleep, but I dont think it has a big effect on sleep quality. I only use it roughly once in two weeks or so.

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy and Idontknowlol
Somewhat helpfull. Can make one groggy.

• Woah
0.3mg is more effective

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Prettyboy and Atem Rah
take Mirtazapine

• Hmm...
Holy shit that's a big dose

Do you get very vivid dreams?
I would say they are more vivid than normal but the only time I get very vivid dream was on 15mg.

• Woah
I take 8mg, 1mg is for girls.
I sleep fine if i don't take them.

• Love it
Used to take it, made me feel like shit when I didn't get a full night's sleep so stopped. Mild benefits after a full night of sleep, not worth it

• So Sad
do not take meds, also i used to take it and be still sleepy

• Woah
My advice for you: get quality melatonin. I'e used a really good one that made me sleep like a baby but when I run out of them for some reason I bought some cheaper ones and it didn't feel natural at all, it's hard to describe. Even though I was able to sleep earlier I woke up multiple times a night.
Also it's your choice if you want to take them every night or nah. I personally don't recommend it, cause I don't like the idea of being dependent on something even if it's harmless. I read a reddit comment, in which the user stated that he's been using it for over 20 years without side effects, except he can't sleep now without them (probably could if he stop them for a while). It's better to take them maybe twice a week to get in a normal sleeping routine, because for example if you took them at 9 pm than the next day you're gonna feel a little more tired at 9 pm again. Make melatonin a tool to help you but don't depend on it.
And finally 1 mg is fine, although it's different for everybody. Some people need 3 mg even without tolerance but you don't need more than that, cause it won't get sronger. Some problem could occure over 10 mg like sleep paralysys so take reasonable amounts of doses.:bluepill:

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj
Take 1.5mg per night. Makes me noticably sleep a bit faster. I am pretty bad at sleeping my whole life.
(Some youtuber i forgot, a friend of More plates more dates said melatonin when you are older is also good in general)

Do the tablets have side effects, also can you sleep well after you stop taking them? Kinda nervous tbh
Most people do better at low doses, even less than 1 mg

At higher doses it will suppress testosterone, wake you too early, and cause psychiatric disturbances such as disinhibition and pressured speech

melatonin didn't wotk for me only got three hours sleep, then i tried quetiapine and it works amazing would recomend
Interesting , I'm gonna look into that one . But I need prescription from my doctor for that one

• +1
Reactions: Romeo1111
do not take meds, also i used to take it and be still sleepy
I mean my pineal gland already produces it so it doesn't feel like a med idk tbh

Interesting , I'm gonna look into that one . But I need prescription from my doctor for that one
Quetiapine is last resort only, avoid at all costs if possible

It essentially blocks dopamine = low status and zombie

Your dose was too high

• +1
Reactions: Romeo1111

i use 1 mg and i sleep 8+ hours a night

I took melatonin for a while. The normal pills(not fast release) were 3mg. They did not help me fall asleep but after i did fell asleep i did not wake up at all and slept for longer. So i took one at 21 pm, i fell asleep at 1 am and woke up at 10 am. More or less this was the day to day situation.

I switched to the 1 mg fast release ones from GNC and 30 mins after taking 1 pill i was asleep.
Ofc i tried to help my body do this by staying in bed and reading.

However i quit because after both types of pills i noticed the following days i was drowsy, and coffee did not help. I guess it just fucked up my circadian rhytm.
If you have trouble falling a sleep just ease up on the caffeine pills(i think you did not drink coffee, only pills) and do not take them after 10 am.

• +1

Gorilla dream is the mogger sleep supp, knocks me out cold and when I don't take it I can still sleep pretty decently. 2 pills

• Woah
I took melatonin for a while. The normal pills(not fast release) were 3mg. They did not help me fall asleep but after i did fell asleep i did not wake up at all and slept for longer. So i took one at 21 pm, i fell asleep at 1 am and woke up at 10 am. More or less this was the day to day situation.

I switched to the 1 mg fast release ones from GNC and 30 mins after taking 1 pill i was asleep.
Ofc i tried to help my body do this by staying in bed and reading.

However i quit because after both types of pills i noticed the following days i was drowsy, and coffee did not help. I guess it just fucked up my circadian rhytm.
If you have trouble falling a sleep just ease up on the caffeine pills(i think you did not drink coffee, only pills) and do not take them after 10 am.
Wow this thread is almost a year old yet my sleep is as bad as it was back then :feelswhy:
https://looksmax.org/threads/im-glad-finals-period-has-arrived.507286/

I always had suffered from insomnia and still do, I have too many thoughts running in my head constantly, my brain doesn't let me rest. I have since experienced with fast release melatonin pills (like you) and they were good at knocking me out but the next day my fucked up circadian rhytm followed as if nothing have happened

I feel like the world was not made for night owls like me.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Only took them once during academic exams insomnia they're good but there's dependance possiblity ig

Just drink vodka before you sleep works for me

• Hmm...
I got night time protein powder that got melatonin mixed in. It's ok. Doesn't really help me sleep better. No side effects tho

I took one ended up groggy and easily irritated, didn't even keep me asleep

can you link me the one you use i used to be hooked on it
I don't even use it anymore but I used to use like a generic drugstore one. If you are looking for a decent sleep aid I would try Gorilla Mind Dream.

some sleep nigga recommended .1mg :feelshmm:
Wow this thread is almost a year old yet my sleep is as bad as it was back then :feelswhy:
https://looksmax.org/threads/im-glad-finals-period-has-arrived.507286/

I always had suffered from insomnia and still do, I have too many thoughts running in my head constantly, my brain doesn't let me rest. I have since experienced with fast release melatonin pills (like you) and they were good at knocking me out but the next day my fucked up circadian rhytm followed as if nothing have happened

I feel like the world was not made for night owls like me.
same. the only time I fall asleep quickly is when I get giga exhausted during the day 💀 otherwise if I go to sleep earlier I either don't fall asleep or sleep 3 hours then ldar for 3 then sleep 5 more and wake up later than if I'd done nothing 💀