Anyone is into psychological self-developmentmaxing?

Dude420

Dude420

Ascend or Rope
Been reading about 15 books a year in the last 6-7 years or so, at the beginning it started like most with the popular self-help stuff like Dale Carnegie and Tony Robins, but slowly got deeper into the more academic/scientific stuff like Evo psy, neuroscience and psychotherapy.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423, Deleted member 6401, Nibba and 3 others
glad u read my stuff

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
Did you find them useful and positively life changing?

• +1
Did you find them useful and positively life changing?

Totally, I honestly completely rework the neuropathways through which I operate over time, it is kind of hard to explain the process, I am much more authentic/free flowing than I used to be, I have a more accurate and deeper understanding of the underlying explanations behind my thoughts and behaviors, and those of others, and I don't see society at large like the average person anymore. But it is a very slow process of incremental improvements, sometimes you need to take a step back to take two steps forwards, facing your traumas and reorganizing how you think can mess you up for a length of time until everything starts clicking and becoming congruent, you can also misinterpret stuff and go the wrong route, there is some of the stuff I read which I believe are plainly wrong and/or are pathologic inducing. If you just want to get laid, you are better of just gymmaxing for sure, but I am naturally very curious, and when I get into something I tend to become very perfectionist about it. If you value your happiness more than anything else it is definitely worth investing your time, particularly if you are young, you are going to reap the benefit the rest of your life, and obviously it isn't just about happiness, being more psychologically healthy and informed will have a collateral effects on all areas of your life.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Nibba, Phad and 2 others
I follow the stoic principles

• +1
  • +1
yes, look into meta phsyics

• +1
Been reading about 15 books a year in the last 6-7 years or so, at the beginning it started like most with the popular self-help stuff like Dale Carnegie and Tony Robins, but slowly got deeper into the more academic/scientific stuff like Evo psy, neuroscience and psychotherapy.
This is most of the books I read and sort of my recommendations list for reference;
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/28242011-matgagne?order=d&shelf=read&sort=rating&view=reviews
Dale Carnegie has some good advice in His book, but talking it yo the extreme makes you bluepilled soy boy.

I Will try meditation and impulse control

• +1
as a man you should be perfect and have no weakness

• +1
  • +1
Been trying to get into Schopenhauer and Mainlander

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
I highly doubt there is a mentalhealthmaxing when incels are born to suffer due to low PSL.

I highly doubt there is a mentalhealthmaxing when incels are born to suffer due to low PSL.

Trust me, my mom was a covert narcissist, I could have been much lower inhib from a younger age if I had a mom who told me she loved me over criticizing me based on false skewed premises to serve her narcissistic needs all the time, above all she lacked empathy to fill my emotional needs as a child, mentalhealthmaxxing saved me. And the truth is that all of us as been pathologise to an extent because your parents weren't perfect either. That is one of the fundamental foundations of the psychotherapeutic field.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: UltraExtremeIntense and dodt
No because women like psychopathic men the most tbh so def not trying to be a nice guy. I'm cold emotionally and bitches love it ngl but right now 'Im not even talking about myself, I'm merely stating facts tbqh

Not big on books like that but have you ever tried Wim Hof Method? Heard it's good form of meditation, I personally take extreme cold showers already though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
Trust me, my mom was a covert narcissist, I could have been much lower inhib from a younger age if I had a mom who told me she loved me over criticizing me based on false skewed premises to serve her narcissistic needs all the time, above all she lacked empathy to fill my emotional needs as a child, mentalhealthmaxxing saved me. And the truth is that all of us as been pathologise to an extent because your parents weren't perfect either. That is one of the fundamental foundations of the psychotherapeutic field.
Let me clarify my point. I meant for incels who are obviosly doomed there can be any cope (and psychotherapeutic field is one of it e.g. which can be actually helpful), but we all know its really temporary. For people who are quite healthy there is no such thing as black pill, cuz they did not swallow it. Some people in the incel community and here are obv not mentally healthy, and the reason to that is partially lies in the looks as being the climax of our psychological disorders, because that is the thing we cannot really fix in ourselves even if we try really hard. Thats where the unhealthy root of our mental state has consolidated, cuz its our weakest point in real life, not only in our head. Maybe I am overgeneralizing, but thats particularly happening to me at least, and I have seen incels with similar problem.

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
Not big on books like that but have you ever tried Wim Hof Method? Heard it's good form of meditation, I personally take extreme cold showers already though.

No, but I have seen videos of that dude, I am a believer in bioenergetic which I believe that guy philosophy relate to to an extent. I heard about the benefits of cold showers, but I also heard the counterargument that it might be depleting your willpower which is a finite resource you have access to through the day. So I am not sure where I stand on that matter. It might just be mental coping for the fact that I am not doing it.

Let me clarify my point. I meant for incels who are obviosly doomed there can be any cope (and psychotherapeutic field is one of it e.g. which can be actually helpful), but we all know its really temporary. For people who are quite healthy there is no such thing as black pill, cuz they did not swallow it. Some people in the incel community and here are obv not mentally healthy, and the reason to that is partially lies in the looks as being the climax of our psychological disorders, because that is the thing we cannot really fix in ourselves even if we try really hard. Thats where the unhealthy root of our mental state has consolidated, cuz its our weakest point in real life, not only in our head. Maybe I am overgeneralizing, but thats particularly happening to me at least, and I have seen incels with similar problem.

Yeah I see where you are coming from, make sense to me. The thing is that I am sure some had comparable childhood experience as me, and by blaming everything on looks they avoid facing their real problem and start healing, and actually ascending through the mental health healing process since they aren't veritably ugly. The virtue of being ugly definitely take a toll on your mental health though, and I can see how some can get depressed by the only virtue of experiencing the constant misery of being ugly.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: dodt