anyone messed around with mutual funds or stocks?

Wizard32

Wizard32

Iron
Been thinking of trying this out to make money, it's mostly been sitting around in a tax-free savings but tbh I'm not making enough to actually be taxed on the minimal income I'd make from this so as long as income from stocks/mutuals wouldn't put me into the next bracket it seems better to go for what gets best returns

Otherwise basically losing wealth on minimal interest rates as inflation outpaces it. I have no idea what risks I need to incur to keep up with it.

Also looking for general advice like where to get cheap land or find a fair landlord who is quiet and will let me garden, how to save money supplementing w/ my own gardening+trapping, etc

This kind of thing would increase my SMV to have chance at happiness with girl perhaps but even if not, it's the kind of thing which should enhance my life.

• +1
Reactions: Won't Stop Mewing and Kingcel32
Also looking for general advice like where to get cheap land or find a fair landlord who is quiet and will let me garden, how to save money supplementing w/ my own gardening+trapping, etc
What kind of garden, what do you wanna grow?

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
mutual.funds are a joke, steal all.ur money.

just dca into index ETF bhai. I take 1k straight from pay every to put into investment fund pension, and on last day if every month another 2.5k into sp500, FTSE, Hang Seng, China, and Asia composite funds. almost zero fees, DCA, look.at it when ur 50+

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
I've messed around with your mom 🤣🤣🤣

What kind of garden, what do you wanna grow?
Not much of a clue, something low-effort high-output, ideally something large, maybe set up an elevated planter so I don't need to bend over so far to tend it.

I was thinking maybe potatoes but I could prob do without the starch so if I could manage carrots at least I get some carotenes along with the sugar

Leafy stuff seems cool but I guess I need fence to stop rabbits from stealing

with root veg there's apparently insects which can stll get them, that's one thing I worry about not catching signs of as I'm not very observant

I guess herbs woudl be cool but you don't seem to get much of them and they wouldn't be a staple just seasoning

mutual.funds are a joke, steal all.ur money.

just dca into index ETF bhai. I take 1k straight from pay every to put into investment fund pension, and on last day if every month another 2.5k into sp500, FTSE, Hang Seng, China, and Asia composite funds. almost zero fees, DCA, look.at it when ur 50+
Maths me, I'm too low IQ to understand this shorthand.

The most I've ever ventured outside standard savings is a Guaranteed Investment Certificate which was actually lower-yield and I couldn't access it =/ only did it because of a promotion

I'm thinking I'll start w/ low-risk mutuals, then high-risk mutuals, then maybe look into stuff like stocks once I am confident in my ability to spend time monitoring them and find some community involvement for advice

I like the idea of doing online work to earn pay in crypto whcih I could spend for online purchases but no idea how to do that.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Won't Stop Mewing and Gonthar
Not much of a clue, something low-effort high-output, ideally something large, maybe set up an elevated planter so I don't need to bend over so far to tend it.

I was thinking maybe potatoes but I could prob do without the starch so if I could manage carrots at least I get some carotenes along with the sugar
Why, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy vegetables?
If I would grow, it would be something more valuable like weed, mushrooms, poppies, etc...