anyone tried anti biotics + probotics to clear their skin?

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Just wondering if this is worth it my gut biome is fucked anyways

Haven't tried it myself but heard from friends experiences that it helps

it didnt work but now im another round of anti biotics for 2 weeks before starting accutane

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
Just wondering if this is worth it my gut biome is fucked anyways
not worth it imo, been on antibiotics for 3 weeks, shit just came back after I stopped taking them. Tretinoin saved my ass, to be certain, Epiduo.

• +1
it didnt work but now im another round of anti biotics for 2 weeks before starting accutane
I took an anti biotic then stopped cause it gave me stomach issues and my acne has been fucked ever since then. Went from perfect skin at 19 to garbage skin at 20-21 in such a dramatic way.

My theory is that the anti biotics screwed my gut by killing all the bacteria then when I went off it bad bacteria took over

not worth it imo, been on antibiotics for 3 weeks, shit just came back after I stopped taking them. Tretinoin saved my ass, to be certain, Epiduo.
I am on tret it 100% has helped but its also not enough my skin is never getting back to normal with this alone

I am on tret it 100% has helped but its also not enough my skin is never getting back to normal with this alone
I'd rather give accutane a try then if ur acne is severe. Also microneedling helped me out immensely, especially with the scarring.

ur under 25 and on tret it will come back for sure, your body already makes enough collagen + ur aiding it with tret, trry adding marine collagen for a year, its expensive but worth it

I'd rather give accutane a try then if ur acne is severe. Also microneedling helped me out immensely, especially with the scarring.
u cant do that with acne only after, my greedy derm told me I have severe scarring me or my family don't see any so idk

Taking antibiotics and probiotics. You can do the math.

I took an anti biotic then stopped cause it gave me stomach issues and my acne has been fucked ever since then. Went from perfect skin at 19 to garbage skin at 20-21 in such a dramatic way.

My theory is that the anti biotics screwed my gut by killing all the bacteria then when I went off it bad bacteria took over
its probably from acne itself bro, if acne stays too long it will wreck skin, I will do accutane and then probably laser if I have scarring

Taking antibiotics and probiotics. You can do the math.
well the idea is as your body kills off bacteria you constantly are replacing it with good bacteria and of course once you are off it you keep taking the probiotics the idea is that it will radically change your biome.

good idea since using probiotics generally might not be that effective as it’s hard for the cultures to colonize with the all the other microorganisms there

If you use Antibiotics that would decrease diversity and potentially create antibiotic resistance

• +1
good idea since using probiotics generally might not be that effective as it’s hard for the cultures to colonize with the all the other microorganisms there

If you use Antibiotics that would decrease diversity and potentially create antibiotic resistance
Yeah once bad bacteria takes over then it sorta makes it very competitive for the probiotics.

I have also read extended fasting can similarly effect this but not clue if its as effective

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Youㅤ