Appeal > Attractiveness.

D

Doesn'tNeedSurgery

Bronze
Introduction:
Have you ever noticed that there are women who you find inextricable attractive, more so than is justified for their actual, objective appearance?
Maybe you see them regularly at work or school, and something about them i

I consider "appeal" significantly more important that attractiveness. Appeal can be gained from borderline infinite sources. Some of the more notable ones include:
  • Looking like them or their family members. This is a fairly well known phenomenon at this point. I'm not citing a study since it's incredibly easy to find information on. There's even blogs dedicated to examples of this. (personally I would place this under the averageness hypothesis which states that a large element of attractiveness is an individuals mental image of a what a person "should" look like. Therefore being similar in appearance to an individual and/or their family will increase appeal slightly.

• Being either Masculine or pretty boy. I am under the persuasion, partially from the fact that these two are polar opposites and partially from personal observation that women are usually ONLY attracted to one of the two. Meaning women who find masculine men attractive likely won't find pretty boys attractive and vice versa.

• Having a personality that fits your appearance perfectly. I have never seen this discussed as the conversation is usually just left as "personality doesn't matter." However, the reason this is false is because humans automatically assign personality traits based on appearance, and having perfect congruence between your appearance and personality means you will fit others mental image of you more congruently. (the human mind LOVES congruence and harmony.)

• Being part of certain sub-culture. Emo kids like emo kids. Stoners like stoners. Metal heads like metal heads. This is one faucet of personality that is most clearly not cope. (Yes a chad can get away with basically any aesthetic, but this still helps non chads)

• Playing "hard to get"****. This ONLY works if you are already least somewhat desirable. If a woman has no interest you're just isolating yourself further jfl. I consider this a subset of status and works by placing yourself "above others" so to speak. Making you seem "exclusive" in the same way being famous makes you appealing. The way this works for men is that you would flirt with a girl for 5 minutes, stop talking to her, and do the same thing with several other women. This works extremely well for getting lays, since the type of women who do hookups are usually the jealous "daddy didn't give me attention type". Meaning they won't want your attention until it's clear they can't have it.

• Status. Believe it or not, status is subjective IE. The cheerleader at your school definitely isn't going to give a shit if you're a top player in overwatch,(jfl) while a woman who regularly plays Overwatch might. This is of course, a barring the possibility that you're also a top streamer. In which case. Fame + Money is significantly more likely entice a woman. This is actually compounded by the fact that women will actively modulate what they think is desirable based on who they're attracted to. IE Chad loves playing Overwatch = Overwatch is cool. Sub-5 plays Overwatch = Overwatch is for creepy nerds.
  • TLDR: The more famous you are the less it matters why.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: litaz, currylightskin, Lev Peshkov and 6 others
Water is an inorganic, transparent, tasteless, odorless, and nearly colorless chemical substance, which is the main constituent of Earth's hydrosphere and the fluids of all known living organisms. It is vital for all known forms of life, even though it provides neither food, energy, nor organic micronutrients. Wikipedia

Density: 997 kg/m³

Molar mass: 18.01528 g/mol

Boiling point: 100 °C

Formula: H₂O

Melting point: 0 °C

IUPAC ID: Oxidane, Water
:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul: Half finished thread I posted on accident

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and Deleted member 19551
Water is an inorganic, transparent, tasteless, odorless, and nearly colorless chemical substance, which is the main constituent of Earth's hydrosphere and the fluids of all known living organisms. It is vital for all known forms of life, even though it provides neither food, energy, nor organic micronutrients. Wikipedia

Answer my question

Introduction:
Have you ever noticed that there are women who you find inextricable attractive, more so than is justified for their actual, objective appearance?

I consider "appeal" significantly more important that attractiveness. Appeal can be gained from borderline infinite sources. Some of the more notable ones include:
  • Looking like them or their family members. This is a fairly well known phenomenon at this point. I'm not citing a study since it's incredibly easy to find information on. There's even blogs dedicated to examples of this. (personally I would place this under the averageness hypothesis which states that a large element of attractiveness is an individuals mental image of a what a person "should" look like. Therefore being similar in appearance to an individual and/or their family will increase appeal slightly.

• Being either Masculine or pretty boy. I am under the persuasion, partially from the fact that these two are polar opposites and partially from personal observation that women are usually ONLY attracted to one of the two. Meaning women who find masculine men attractive likely won't find pretty boys attractive and vice versa.

• Having a personality that fits your appearance perfectly. I have never seen this discussed as the conversation is usually just left as "personality doesn't matter." However, the reason this is false is because humans automatically assign personality traits based on appearance, and having perfect congruence between your appearance and personality means you will fit others mental image of you more congruently. (the human mind LOVES congruence and harmony.)

• Being part of certain sub-culture. Emo kids like emo kids. Stoners like stoners. Metal heads like metal heads. This is one faucet of personality that is most clearly not cope. (Yes a chad can get away with basically any aesthetic, but this still helps non chads)

• Playing "hard to get"****. This ONLY works if you are already least somewhat desirable. If a woman has no interest you're just isolating yourself further jfl. I consider this a subset of status and works by placing yourself "above others" so to speak. Making you seem "exclusive" in the same way being famous makes you appealing. The way this works for men is that you would flirt with a girl for 5 minutes, stop talking to her, and do the same thing with several other women. This works extremely well for getting lays, since the type of women who do hookups are usually the jealous "daddy didn't give me attention type". Meaning they won't want your attention until it's clear they can't have it.

• Status. Believe it or not, status is subjective IE. The cheerleader at your school definitely isn't going to give a shit if you're a top player in overwatch,(jfl) while a woman who regularly plays Overwatch might. This is of course, a barring the possibility that you're also a top streamer. In which case. Fame + Money is significantly more likely entice a woman. This is actually compounded by the fact that women will actively modulate what they think is desirable based on who they're attracted to. IE Chad loves playing Overwatch = Overwatch is cool. Sub-5 plays Overwatch = Overwatch is for creepy nerds.
Just me maesthetic pretty boy theory

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
I call them sexy, but not necessarily pretty. Cleopatra was supposed to be this way

Most briliant answer ever

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
Not a single
6a68d7eee5085bd.png

Last edited:
Introduction:

This is very legit and can bump you up a bit in the eyes of a girl, but sadly it won't make an unattractive man become attractive.
Still good advice, though.

Attractiveness is appeal jfl

• +1
Reactions: Moggie, Deprived, Alexanderr and 2 others
Tbh I’d like to hear more about the personality one it raises a good question

• +1
Reactions: Just4Beast
Prettyboy and masc are not polar opposites just fucking lol

• This works extremely well for getting lays, since the type of women who do hookups are usually the jealous "daddy didn't give me attention type". Meaning they won't want your attention until it's clear they can't have it.

HOOKUP CULTURE IS HARAM AKHY

I’d consider appeal interchangeable with attractiveness. Those you do not appeal to (sexually, visually etc…) don’t find you attractive.

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate