"appearance" changing drastically

Tiddlywink

Tiddlywink

-̴-̸-̷-̴-̸-̷-̵-̶-̸-̷-̵-̶-̴-̴-̵
Throughout the day, each time I catch a glimpse of myself, I either look quite decent or subhuman.

Bathroom mirror: decent
Mirror under fluorescent lighting: subhuman
Car window: decent
Car visor mirror: subhuman
Certain mirrors I encounter at work: decent
Photographs: subhuman

Wtf is this? I hate looking at myself not knowing what to expect. Do I have BDD? Can lighting and angles really take you from a PSL 4 to 6? Is it over if you don't look great under horrible lighting at terrible angles? Tired of this annoying shit tbh.

• +1
Reactions: AlexHeally and Deleted member 2012
same tbh ngl
its just that you get used to seeing yourself from certain angles so they seem less bad.

Collagen fluctuation

• +1
Reactions: JustTrynaGrow
there's a mirror that i look bad at it, I got my friend to stand in front it to see how much difference from mirror and real life
I realized that real life version of him was a lot better than this mirror version
but there's some mirrors that you can be really good looking at but in real life you're not that good looking compared to it
really hard to till, but most cases you look better irl than the mirror

Collagen fluctuation
Could be a legit answer.
It seems like the more clear and well-lit a mirror is, the worse I look. Pale with poor collagen. I look better in slightly obscured reflections of myself because skin quality isn't a factor.
Thank you for this revelation brother. Time to start collagen and tan-maxxing.

You’re not used to seeing yourself in different lighting
+ some lighting highlights your facial angularity and features, or displays your flaws and bloats your face brutally
E393452D E7C5 4794 A923 FD85517FA5B4
438BFE10 1ABA 4CCB 85E2 8956F3C92D4B