Are Afghans "Central Asians" or "South Asians"?

Michael Myers

Michael Myers

Staff
Afghans see themselves as Central Asian and not South Asian. Officially, it's said Afghanistan is at the crossroads of Central Asia and South Asia, meaning there's an unbiased, neutral stance regarding Afghanistan's geographical location.

Therefore, I always called Afghans neither Central Asian nor South Asian, but rather Central Asian/South Asian, or CASA.

However, I think I have found a solution to this problem.

So, I have come to a conclusion as to how we should group Afghans in. Are they Central Asians? Or are they South Asians? Afghans themselves will say Central Asians. But they are obviously biased since they do not wish to be grouped together with the likes of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. They seemingly forgot about Nepal, or maybe that's the only country they really like. But let's be honest, Nepal is frickin' cool.

I propose that we take a look at the map of Afghanistan and then dissect its territory on ethnic lines. Afghanistan is a multi-ethnic country and therefore heterogenous. For the sake of simplicity, let's focus on the two main ethnic groups in Afghanistan.

First, you have the Tajiks who occupy Northern Afghanistan. They are the second-largest ethnic group in Afghanistan and noticeably different from the other ethnic groups.

Second, you have the Pashtuns who occupy Eastern Afghanistan and Southern Afghanistan.

Simply put, if we divide Afghanistan based on ethnical lines, that leads us to a Northern Tajik portion and an Eastern and Southern Pashtun portion.

Now, Tajiks are not only native to Afghanistan, but also to a bordering country: Tajikistan. Tajikistan is a part of Central Asia.

Also, Pashtuns are not only native to Afghanistan, but also to a bordering country: Pakistan. Pakistan is a part of South Asia

So we must identify the Northern part of the country with Central Asia. And the Southern part of the country with South Asia.

In conclusion: Tajiks are Central Asians and Pashtuns are South Asian.

If the term "Afghan" is synonymous to "Pashtun" then Afghans must no longer falsely claim that they are Central Asians instead of South Asians. In reality, however, that is the past definition. The modern-day definition of "Afghan" applies to every Afghan citizen, including Tajiks - therefore the only Afghans who can call themselves Central Asian are Tajiks.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: JizzFarmer, justinzayn, Deleted member 21863 and 8 others
Tagging some curry bhais:

@SunniMogger @Ryan @Celexawer @heightface @pashtun @ascendedd @sytyl @Shrek2OnDvD @Preston @5ft1 @indianoutlaw @indianascenion @justinzayn @SubhumanCurrycel @FailedNormieManlet @Anchor_Ship

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ChiraqJihad, Deleted member 9779, Ryan and 3 others
Afghans see themselves as Central Asian and not South Asian. Officially, it's said Afghanistan is at the crossroads of Central Asia and South Asia, meaning there's an unbiased, neutral stance regarding Afghanistan's geographical location.

Therefore, I always called Afghans neither Central Asian nor South Asian, but rather Central Asian/South Asian, or CASA.

So, I have come to a conclusion as to how we should group Afghans in. Are they Central Asians? Or are they South Asians? Afghans themselves will say Central Asians. But they are obviously biased since they do not wish to be grouped together with the likes of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. They seemingly forgot about Nepal, or maybe that's the only country they really like. But let's be honest, Nepal is frickin' cool.

I propose that we take a look at the map of Afghanistan and then dissect its territory on ethnic lines. Afghanistan is a multi-ethnic country and therefore heterogenous. For the sake of simplicity, let's focus on the two main ethnic groups in Afghanistan.

First, you have the Tajiks who occupy Northern Afghanistan. They are the second-largest ethnic group in Afghanistan and noticeably different from the other ethnic groups.

Second, you have the Pashtuns who occupy Eastern Afghanistan and Southern Afghanistan.

Simply put, if we divide Afghanistan based on ethnical lines, that leads us to a Northern Tajik portion and an Eastern and Southern Pashtun portion.

Now, Tajiks are not only native to Afghanistan, but also to a bordering country: Tajikistan. Tajikistan is a part of Central Asia.

Also, Pashtuns are not only native to Afghanistan, but also to a bordering country: Pakistan. Pakistan is a part of South Asia

So we must identify the Northern part of the country with Central Asia. And the Southern part of the country with South Asia.

If the term "Afghan" is synonymous to "Pashtun" then Afghans must no longer falsely claim that they are Central Asians instead of South Asians. In reality, however, that is the past definition. The modern-day definition of "Afghan" applies to every Afghan citizen, including Tajiks - therefore the only Afghans who can call themselves Central Asian are Tajiks.
Pashtuns coming to this thread
Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

• JFL
Reactions: CFW432, JizzFarmer and Michael Myers
Why did I get tagged wtf

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers

Ca childrens voices gender pay gap kf 780

The country is so diverse with all the migration and invasions grouping it as one or the other doesn't do justice

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers and Deleted member 16371
But why, bhai? I used reason and logic.
I agree with you. I posted that pic just so i could get reps from some racist sfcel. I'll delete that post since this seems like a serious thread

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: House Lannister, JizzFarmer, Michael Myers and 1 other person
Afghans are only 30% curry the rest is iranic

• +1
truth is somewhere in the middle

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262
Afghanistan is curry unfortunately. According to Google they are located in south Asia.

Do these countries actually hate the label of being indian so much that they wan't to change geography? Surely there is some greater geopolitical perspective than they just hate curries.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 4.16.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 4.16.21 PM.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: JizzFarmer and Deleted member 16371
Neither, Afghanistan was meant to be a no man’s land between empires

x5gw69q0ixy31.png

• +1
Reactions: CFW432, PrinceLuenLeoncur and Deleted member 16371
Depends I have an Afghan I friend who looks Asian probably due to Mongolian DNA but others look completely curry so idk

• +1

x5gw69q0ixy31.png
This makes sense why afghanistan people are the most unique moggers on the planet

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur

x5gw69q0ixy31.png
This is the end of the argument. They’ve got genetics from all 3 sides Pakistan Iran and Turkic countries so they’re going to end up the most diverse gigamoggers on the planet

Pashtuns after learnign they are South Asians
computer rage GIF
I personally think it is even more nuanced. Pakistani pashtuns definitely cluster in with other south Asians while for the Afghans it's a mixed bag

Images

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Michael Myers, justinzayn and SunniMogger
afghans are ethnics like persians and kurds

• +1
You have to divide it into ethnic groups
Hazaras look like Kazakhs, they are central asian
Pashtuns and the rest are south asian

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24117 and Michael Myers
Thanks sherlock
ya so thtey aren't central or south asians theyre just regular ethnics. central asians are like Kazakhs

What about Tajiks in Afghanistan? Tajiksistan is considered central asia while Afghanistan is considered south asia.

Dividing by geographical location isn't accurate in determining ethnicity when there are multiple ethnic groups ocupying a small area, it's too much of an oversimplification. Tajiks are supposed to be closely related to persians but many of them look central asian (not as much as hazaras ofc)

And pashtuns have some indian blood but look nothing like an Indian from Sri Lanka or something, despite both of them technically being "south asian"

ya so thtey aren't central or south asians theyre just regular ethnics. central asians are like Kazakhs
You have no idea how stupid you sound right now

• +1
You have no idea how stupid you sound right now
pashtuns have much more iranian ancestry than indigenous desi or turkic than anything else or that's certainly how they look

they fall under the broad category of being generic ethnics in PSL lingo and it would be misleading to refer to them as south asian (synonym for desi) or central asian which 9/10 refers to some asiatic looking person. punjab people are a mixed bag i think.

these geographic terms are geopolitical in origin and are meaningless. you can make the argument that afghanistan is geopolitically in the middle east.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deprived
pashtuns have much more iranian ancestry than indigenous desi or turkic than anything else or that's certainly how they look

they fall under the broad category of being generic ethnics in PSL lingo and it would be misleading to refer to them as south asian (synonym for desi) or central asian which 9/10 refers to some asiatic looking person

these geographic terms are geopolitical in origin and are meaningless
Ah okay I agree. Misunderstood what you meant by "generic ethnics"

• +1
Reactions: ChiraqJihad
they are shitskins just like other indians. so basically deathnik. over in the west.

Central Asians because they have more in common with Iran and their "stan" brothers than India and Sri Lanka.

They're curry. End of story

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Michael Myers and PointOfNoReturn
Doesn’t matter. They’re all brown.

• JFL
Geographically they are west asian.

//Thomas DOM

• +1
Afghans live in this pakicels skull free of charge.

hazara and tajik are central asians

pashtun are currycels

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16369 and Michael Myers
hazara and tajik are central asians

pashtun are currycels
Yes, that's basically a TL;DR of this thread. But I put it into words with insight and usage of geography & most of all: logic. I remember you were Afghan so I assumed you'd be talking shit in this thread but to my surprise, you say what I say. Are you a Tajik?

some of them look curry others look like moggers its a very diverse region pheno wise tbqh

Afghanistan is curry unfortunately. According to Google they are located in south Asia.

Do these countries actually hate the label of being indian so much that they wan't to change geography? Surely there is some greater geopolitical perspective than they just hate curries.
No, they just really hate curries. Lol.

• Woah
Reactions: Truecel14

x5gw69q0ixy31.png
You are taking the view of a 20th century imperialist. That's not an accurate view.

Depends I have an Afghan I friend who looks Asian probably due to Mongolian DNA but others look completely curry so idk
The Asian ones are Central Asian, as you theorized, they do have Mongol DNA. Others look curry because they're South Asian and also have noticeable amount of Ancestral Indian ancestry.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
This is the end of the argument. They’ve got genetics from all 3 sides Pakistan Iran and Turkic countries so they’re going to end up the most diverse gigamoggers on the planet
Actually, the most diverse people in the regions are Indians and Pakistanis.. not Iranians and Turkic countries.

Yes. But Tajiks are also Central Asian, despite not looking Asian. This is because pre-Mongol Empire / Turkic migrations, originally speaking, Central Asia belonged to Indo-Europeans.

I know it is cherrypicked but some nuristanis look 100% white

Explain this? I know most nuristanis dont look white

Fucking faggot. You're curry now, deal with it.
Fuck you lunatic , down with your curry fantasies you are @justinzayn from wish

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
  • JFL
Reactions: justinzayn
Fuck you lunatic , down with your curry fantasies you are @justinzayn from wish
I didn't called you curry, or have any problem with you
Why roast me lol?
I have no curry fantasy

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and Michael Myers
some of them look curry others look like moggers its a very diverse region pheno wise tbqh
Yes, it's a diverse country. The ones who look curry are either Pashtun or Tajik (even though Tajiks are Central Asian).