Are Arabs brown or white ?

I’m just talking linguistics. I don’t care about genes, otherwise I would have mentioned all those different Jewish ethnic groups myself. :hnghn:
Well even linguistically, Jews are multiethnic. Prior to Israeli nationalism and the push to spread the Hebrew language among all Jews, they didn’t really speak Hebrew.. only the religious figures who studied the Torah spoke it. Ashkenazi traditionally speak Yiddish (Germanic/Aramaic hybrid), Sephardic spoke Ladino (Latin/Aramaic hybrid). Ethiopian Jews spoke Ethiopian, etc.

Well even linguistically, Jews are multiethnic. Prior to Israeli nationalism and the push to spread the Hebrew language among all Jews, they didn’t really speak Hebrew.. only the religious figures who studied the Torah spoke it. Ashkenazi traditionally speak Yiddish, Sephardic spoke Ladino. Ethiopian Jews spoke Ethiopian, etc.
Hebrew is the language mainly associated with Jews, hence why you’re still considered Semitic as an entire group. Maybe when Israel decides Ethiopian will be the new main language then you will be considered something else. :feelshmm:

Hebrew is the language mainly associated with Jews, hence why you’re still considered Semitic as an entire group. Maybe when Israel decides Ethiopian will be the new main language then you will be considered something else. :feelshmm:
Nah Yiddish is. The only relevant Jews are Ashkenazi JFL.

They are the whitest but they are not whiter either. Racially they are EVERYTHING jfl.
They “came” from Europe, didn’t they? They are the whitest because of this. Can’t tell me an Ethiopian Jew is whiter than an Ashkenazi Jew. :feelskek:

They “came” from Europe, didn’t they? They are the whitest because of this. Can’t tell me an Ethiopian Jew is whiter than an Ashkenazi Jew. :feelskek:
Ashkenazi Jews originated in the Levant.. they were captivated by the Babylonians, returned. Later exiled by the Romans and migrated to southern Europe.. migrated into north-central Europe and that’s where the Ashkenazi identity developed. They are a mix of Levantine, Babylonian, southern European, central European and some Gypsy and Khazar thrown in..

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Ashkenazi Jews originated in the Levant.. they were captivated by the Babylonians, returned. Later exiled by the Romans and migrated to southern Europe.. migrated into north-central Europe and that’s where the Ashkenazi identity developed. They are a mix of Levantine, Babylonian, southern European, central European and some Gypsy and Khazar thrown in..
Don’t all Jews originate in the Levant, technically speaking? They lived together in the land of Israel, no? And then they spread elsewhere.

Keep in mind the ancient Levant was probably a bit whiter in their time than what it is today after Islamic expansion and SSA admixture. Probably Greek or Minoan-like phenotypically speaking.

Don’t all Jews originate in the Levant, technically speaking? They lived together in the land of Israel, no? And then they spread elsewhere.
Yes. And they heavily mixed along the way.

Last edited:
Nice.
Keep in mind the ancient Levant was probably a bit whiter in their time than what it is today after Islamic expansion and SSA admixture.
I would argue it could’ve been whiter now than in ancient times because it was the crusades that made white Christians come and go there. Though the first crusade is known for not having any rapes, can’t say the same about the following crusades though.

Nice.

I would argue it could’ve been whiter now than in ancient times because it was the crusades that made white Christians come and go there. Though the first crusade is known for not having any rapes, can’t say the same about the following crusades though.
Maybe. But I think SSA admixture has a bigger affect considering Europeans and Middle Easterners are ‘technically’ two subgroups of the same race, at least on a macro-scale. Africans are completely different.

Maybe. But I think SSA admixture has a bigger affect considering Europeans and Middle Easterners are ‘technically’ two subgroups of the same race, at least on a macro-scale. Africans are completely different.
That is true, though the exception would be North Africans as they do have SSA admixture although in lower numbers. Or at least the one Moroccan guy I knew, he had like 4-5% SSA. :hnghn:

That is true, though the exception would be North Africans as they do have SSA admixture although in lower numbers. Or at least the one Moroccan guy I knew, he had like 4-5% SSA. :hnghn:
I always thought N.Africans had even more SSA admixture than the Levant but I could be wrong.

I always thought N.Africans had even more SSA admixture than the Levant but I could be wrong.
Yeah, I was talking about North Africans. I don’t think Levantine Arabs have any SSA admixture.

I have seen a lot tiktok about people making fun Arab for being dark skinned and I have seen a lot vid of arab who are white .
depends on the colour of their eyes, some have green eyes, but if they have a more white skin look then maybe white passing

Yeah, I was talking about North Africans. I don’t think Levantine Arabs have any SSA admixture.
Levantine Arabs do.. the Muslim ones. Chaldeans and Christian Lebanese do not. This is because of the Arab-Islamic slave trade.

Levantine Arabs do.. the Muslim ones. Chaldeans and Christian Lebanese do not. This is bedside of the Arab-Islamic slave trade.
Proof?

I’ve seen the genetics samples before but I don’t feel like going to find them rn jfl. But just look it up, on pca diagrams the Chaldeans and Christian Lebanese plot closer to Europeans than the Muslim ones do.. and can’t just be because of the Crusades, because Chaldeans were not affected by them.

I’ve seen the genetics samples before but I don’t feel like going to find them rn jfl. But just look it up, on pca diagrams the Chaldeans and Christian Lebanese plot closer to Europeans than the Muslim ones do.. and can’t just be because of the Crusades, because Chaldeans were not affected by them.
But that doesn’t mean they have more SSA ancestry. I think Arab Christians just have more white DNA because they marry Christians who are also white. Whereas Islamic Arabs don’t do that (mostly anyway).

But that doesn’t mean they have more SSA ancestry. I think Arab Christians just have more white DNA because they marry Christians who are also white. Whereas Islamic Arabs don’t do that (mostly anyway).
Well they both have at least some SSA admixture that the ancients likely didn’t have.

Brown most of the time