Are collagen supplements cope?

May improve skin health and you may have mensuration cycles too

• JFL
Reactions: ZeroTwo
My dry eyes and lower back pain have both disappeared since I started taking collagen supplements.

This was why I started, but there's been a host of other benefits...

-I regularly get unsolicited comments about how soft my skin is, despite not really ever moisturising my body and living in a city known for hard water (which does make for dry hair, unfortunately!).

• ⁠Hairdressers make comments on how quickly my hair grows – this didn't happen before
• ⁠I look younger than I am to the extent that it's started several different kinds of conversations in many different kinds of settings... in both positive ways and negative ways (and I don't have a round or 'baby face' either which people might say would could for the 'looking younger' thing, so it's not that)
• ⁠I don't even have a hint of fine lines on my face, despite the air quality/ water quality/ high stress environment of my city. Many of my peers several years younger than me regularly get botox.

-Somebody called my skin 'porcelain' last week which as someone who has struggled with dehydrated/acne-prone/reactive skin my whole life, floored me.

I do have a pretty invested skincare routine, but I've had that for over a dozen years. This other stuff above is only the last few years, while I've been taking collagen. I don't think that's a coincidence. so in short words yes

• +1
Reactions: ZeroTwo
beef collagen should help for joints and tendon health
marine collagen should help for hair and nails.
But both were useless for skin(my biggest failo) in my experience..

• +1
Reactions: Dicktator

They actually work, there are studies related to them on pubmed. But don't expect miracle from one product, especially if you have a shitty lifestyle besides that.