Are dreads overrated and oversaturated? Are curls the best hairstyle for Blacks?

changemywayz

changemywayz

Iron
ngl earlier I was thinking of getting dreads but now that I think about it, it's been a trend for the last 2 years and now everyone and their mom is getting them. Now obviously a hairstyle that looks good won't all of sudden become u cooked bc every one has it but u need to stand out if u rlly want to slay tbh, so I was thinking maybe something like the pictures would be more ideal because although they droop like dreads they look completely different and curly hair naturally gives off less of a "thug" type of vibe and since I'm gymmaxing I'll still look masc so idk I'm thinking getting long curls is most ideal but lmk ur thoughts

Attachments

• 0d76d8606dc28866ec1e596f9bc786a8.jpg
    0d76d8606dc28866ec1e596f9bc786a8.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Ismanoljersey.jpg
    Ismanoljersey.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Who is he_.jpg
    Who is he_.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: lunin7 and Sprinkles
ngl earlier I was thinking of getting dreads but now that I think about it, it's been a trend for the last 2 years and now everyone and their mom is getting them. Now obviously a hairstyle that looks good won't all of sudden become u cooked bc every one has it but u need to stand out if u rlly want to slay tbh, so I was thinking maybe something like the pictures would be more ideal because although they droop like dreads they look completely different and curly hair naturally gives off less of a "thug" type of vibe and since I'm gymmaxing I'll still look masc so idk I'm thinking getting long curls is most ideal but lmk ur thoughts
curls always has mogged. Dreads is fake curls basically. You need to have healthy hair/ healthy genes to have curly hair.

• +1
Reactions: Egyptianmogger
curls always has mogged. Dreads is fake curls basically. You need to have healthy hair/ healthy genes to have curly hair.
Plus curls are sign of youth, they go away or not as healthy when older

• +1
Reactions: Egyptianmogger
Plus curls are sign of youth, they go away or not as healthy when older
true plus when ur older if ur black that dont rlly matter bc all u need a big beard (or stubble) and a taper or smthing then ur fine ( if ur gymmaxed)

Be me and get french braids.

• +1
Reactions: Kamui