are hyoid exercises legit?

Giga Mogger

Giga Mogger

Iron
has anyone received results from doing these exercises for a good period of time?

I know exercises sound cope but they seem legit due to these studies:

Yes, people (including me) have seen decent-to-great results with these exercises, after a few weeks to a few months.
Does not hurt to try. Make sure to include chin tucks.

• +1
Reactions: Sigmapsycho, Mr.Proper and Giga Mogger
what is the muscle right beneath the chin? this starts to hurt (in a good way) after doing 3 x 20

does it lead to aesthetic or unaesthetic results? I can imagine hypertrophying this muscle could look bad, did you see any negative effects?

Yes, people (including me) have seen decent-to-great results with these exercises, after a few weeks to a few months.
Does not hurt to try. Make sure to include chin tucks.

what is the muscle right beneath the chin? this starts to hurt (in a good way) after doing 3 x 20

does it lead to aesthetic or unaesthetic results? I can imagine hypertrophying this muscle could look bad, did you see any negative effects?
These are the muscles of the face:

I think the slight pain you feel from chin tucks is moreso coming from the neck area and pressure from the tongue on the roof of the mouth, due to the up-down motion.

Chin tucks will 100% lead to aesthetic results, as it tightens the skin around the hyoid bone.
iu

BF13DF38 C15C 4140 B522 772301456068

I meant it hurt while doing hyoid raises, not chin tucks - this here is the muscle I’m talking about when doing hyoid raises

also how often should I do chin tucks? should I do it as much as possible like mewing? or do sets of it like hyoid raises?

also thanks for the help bro

Last edited:
Didn’t work for me, getting lean helps a little.

View attachment 2114976

I meant it hurt while doing hyoid raises, not chin tucks - this here is the muscle I’m talking about when doing hyoid raises

also how often should I do chin tucks? should I do it as much as possible like mewing? or do sets of it like hyoid raises?

also thanks for the help bro
Not sure why you feel pain there from hyoid raises. Do you have symptoms of TMJ?

For chin tucks, 1-3 sets of 25 reps daily should be good enough. I personally do one set in the morning, and one set before bed.
I'd recommend doing them as much as possible, as they help increase mewing results (if you're still young enough).
You can also do a perma chin-tuck at home, if you want.

Happy to help.

Worked for me. Not super great results but visible, submental area is more toned and less loose now, but it took like 2-3 months to notice, while being the same bf %. When you consciously "force mew", you hyoid is raised, compared to it's resting position ("automatic mew"). Now there is a less difference after doing these exercises, meaning hyoid is elevated already.
@Giga Mogger That is platysma, I think.

Last edited:
Worked for me. Not super great results but visible, submental area is more toned and less loose now, but it took like 2-3 months to notice, while being the same bf %. When you consciously "force mew", you hyoid is raised, compared to it's resting position ("automatic mew"). Now there is a less difference after doing these exercises, meaning hyoid is elevated already.
@Giga Mogger That is platysma, I think.
yoo really ? lifuel fr what was your exact routine like please