Are infras really worth the money compared to underye fat grafting or filler?

RoyaleWithCheese

RoyaleWithCheese

Will become Chad or die trying.
Infraorbital rim implants are so fucking expensive. Are the results really better than just doing fat grafting?

Yes.
IMG 0829

• +1
Reactions: sb23, rand anon, RoyaleWithCheese and 1 other person
Yes and no. Depends on your goals and bone structure.

I think his before picture looks much better. I’m certain he got an additional surgery, not just infras. Maybe almond eye surgery or whatever the fuck it’s called

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese and geenk worg
Fat grafting is like $10k. With implants we can add another $20-30k on top of that.

Has anyone on this forum actually gotten infras?

Fat grafting is like $10k. With implants we can add another $20-30k on top of that.

Has anyone on this forum actually gotten infras?
They are not 20-30k more like 10-15k. If custom made. Which is the only way.

Most people dont need much infra augmentation especially towards the medial canthus. Its more important to augment towards the lateral canthus and extending down the zygo ridge.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear
imo its not worth not only that its expansive it is dangerous too

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese
For example this dude got infras and looks uncanny:

However he also got buccal fat removal, midface fat grafting, necklift, jaw fillers, and rhino.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: haus33 and gravlek
For example this dude got infras and looks uncanny:

However he also got buccal fat removal, midface fat grafting, necklift, jaw fillers, and rhino.

Have you got any good before pics/vids of this guy? Right now I can’t spot much uncannyness. Would have to see his base.

Yes. @VenatorLuparius has
@VenatorLuparius , I remember seeing your post when you were still recovering. Did you ever share updated pics with swelling gone?

Have you got any good before pics/vids of this guy? Right now I can’t spot much uncannyness. Would have to see his base.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: blinemaxxer, gravlek, RoyaleWithCheese and 1 other person
The fact that infraorbital implants already look uncanny as soon as they are put in combined with the prospect that with aging and fat loss and bone resorption they can look even more unnatural is more than enough to put me off them. The fillers and fat transfers also don't really work in this area from what I've read. I think the only prospects are eye specific surgeries like canthoplasty and lower eyellid retraction for improving this area without looking bogged.

• +1
Reactions: chrishell and RoyaleWithCheese

He looks better for sure, but perhaps it’s telling that they used only professionally taken and edited after pics. You can only get a fair comparison with identical angles and lighting.

• +1
Reactions: haus33
He looks better for sure, but perhaps it’s telling that they used only professionally taken and edited after pics. You can only get a fair comparison with identical angles and lighting.
Yeah, he looks worse in the video he took himself. Still, no professionally taken photos would make me look like that.

• +1
Reactions: haus33 and RoyaleWithCheese
The fact that infraorbital implants already look uncanny as soon as they are put in combined with the prospect that with aging and fat loss and bone resorption they can look even more unnatural is more than enough to put me off them. The fillers and fat transfers also don't really work in this area from what I've read. I think the only prospects are eye specific surgeries like canthoplasty and lower eyellid retraction for improving this area without looking bogged.
This is a good point. There are many examples where they do look good put in. But most of the time due to implant design imperfections fat grafts and/or midface lifts are mandatory. And again, there are many examples where they can look good and natural after those grafts. But you lose facial fat and the skin sags back down as you age, so you condemn yourself to needing more and more procedures as you get older simply in order to keep the implant looking natural.

Not to mention most people will probably need two designs to get an implant that can THEN be fixable with fat grafts. Especially if your skin is thin. And depending on your skin laxity, your skin may sag down further from having to open up your mouth to install and remove implants each time due to release of facial holding ligaments.

• +1
Reactions: haus33 and RoyaleWithCheese
This is a good point. There are many examples where they do look good put in. But most of the time due to implant design imperfections fat grafts and/or midface lifts are mandatory. And again, there are many examples where they can look good and natural after those grafts. But you lose facial fat and the skin sags back down as you age, so you condemn yourself to needing more and more procedures as you get older simply in order to keep the implant looking natural.

Not to mention most people will probably need two designs to get an implant that can THEN be fixable with fat grafts. Especially if your skin is thin. And depending on your skin laxity, your skin may sag down further from having to open up your mouth to install and remove implants each time due to release of facial holding ligaments.
worded perfectly to demonstrate how grotesque it is to do this to yourself :lul: I assume it is still worth it for some as it replicates bone in a way lifts, fillers or fat transfers by themselves can never do, but it's signing yourself up for a high maintenance aesthetic.