Are mild overbites like this genetic?

Deleted member 11770

Deleted member 11770

Zephir
Pic

When you have a slight overbite despite having a good maxilla like this girl (not a mouthbreather), the cause is genetic right?

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
Yea, that looks genetic.

View attachment 1548931

When you have a slight overbite despite having a good maxilla like this girl (not a mouthbreather), the cause is genetic right?
I have this shit as well, looks ass on men (especially with huge adam's apple) %100 genetic.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15309 and Deleted member 11770
Humans are supposed to have a slight overbite, some ethnicities more than others.

View attachment 1548931

it is, my mom also has one, and guess what I inherited it as well, but im getting it fixed via invisalign

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11770
it is, my mom also has one, and guess what I inherited it as well, but im getting it fixed via invisalign
but how is invisalign supposed to make the mandible longer? all it can do is push the upper teeth back if the protrude too much.
by overbite I'm talking mainly about mandibular deficiency, I think you need IMDO surgery if your lower jaw lacks length.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
but how is invisalign supposed to make the mandible longer? all it can do is push the upper teeth back if the protrude too much.
by overbite I'm talking mainly about mandibular deficiency, I think you need IMDO surgery if your lower jaw lacks length.
If you have a mild overbite elastics either pull your maxilla back or your mandible forward. Might be cope though.

• +1
Yes. Whites are more likely to have class 2 Malocclusions, Asians more likely to have class 3 and blacks more likely to have alveolar proganthism.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Deleted member 11770 and AscendingHero
If you have a mild overbite elastics either pull your maxilla back or your mandible forward. Might be cope though.
major lifefuel if true, gonna do some research about it

Yes. Whites are more likely to have class 2 Malocclusions, Asians more likely to have class 3 and blacks more likely to have alveolar proganthism.
Yes blacks also have larger jaws in general so they are less likely to have crowded teeth or other malocclusions, except the prognathism, for which they would need to pull teeth to have a caucasian appearance

oh, it's not to fix the jaw, but rather just align the teeth. For jaw, I will probably get surgery later down the line, I'm currently 17 so they don't perform it even if I pay them to do so.

JFL I knew it was my genes

oh, it's not to fix the jaw, but rather just align the teeth. For jaw, I will probably get surgery later down the line, I'm currently 17 so they don't perform it even if I pay them to do so.
it was my dentist who assigned me Invisalign after a regular annual check up so I doubt he's blackpilled enough for jaw aesthetics, they just operate towards the "have a Hollywood smile"

but I feel like it can slightly push my jaw forward? When I manually jut to align my teeth together, my chin seems to gain vertical height, and just look better overall

got it too

makes my philtrum flat and long from the side and upper lip non existing

does anyone know if you can fix this with invisalign??

Not only. If you have a mild 2 class division 2 (deep bite), maybe you haven't to pull back your upper maxilla, but unlock forward your mandible, which is most likely held back by reclined teeth.
Don't confuse moving teeth with and without extraction: while the first case can make you recessed, the second cannot

if OP is that sexy girl suggest dropping a dm for some chad ruski wood :p

• JFL