Are most skin creams a looksmin? A question of petroleum and isopropyl

GeordiLeFort

GeordiLeFort

Mulattocel · Visionmax · Browmax · Jawmax · NoGym
So for the last little while i've been stealing my grandmothers prescription skin cream because it said it was 'extra strength' (ie collaganmaxx)

But then after another while, i was wondering, is this even the right thing to do??

I was checking ingredients and they are as follows:

Active ingredients: Isopropyl Myristate 15% w/w, Liquid Paraffin 15% w/w

So essentially, alcohol and wax??

So then i checked my regular cheap skin cream and the first three ingredients were:

Petroleum, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate

So also, oil, filler and alcohol.

Can anyone blackpill me on why all of this bullshit is in my skin cream and if i am being swindled?

Alcohol dries skin out and wax creates a film that stops skin from exfoliation
so i can't help feeling like there is some jewery going on.

Petroleum and Paraffin wax are known as "occlusive" agents—meaning they seal off the skin from air, water or anything else getting in (or out). You may be thinking that your skin is feeling 'wetter' or more 'moist', but in fact this is an illusion, there is only a barrier creating on top of the already dry skin, nothing is being penetrated, kinda like the experience of .co

They may also be linked to cancer - https://www.ewg.org/news/news-relea...cent-all-cosmetics-may-be-contaminated-cancer

and have estrogenic effects - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20821602/

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Bigfatpersonboy, Nordiccel and JawGuyFatFaceGuy

So for the last little while i've been stealing my grandmothers prescription skin cream because it said it was 'extra strength' (ie collaganmaxx)

View attachment 714618

But then after another while, i was wondering, is this even the right thing to do??

I was checking ingredients and they are as follows:

Active ingredients: Isopropyl Myristate 15% w/w, Liquid Paraffin 15% w/w

So essentially, alcohol and wax??

So then i checked my regular cheap skin cream and the first three ingredients were:

Petroleum, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate

So also, oil, filler and alcohol.

View attachment 714625

Can anyone blackpill me on why all of this bullshit is in my skin cream and if i am being swindled?

Alcohol dries skin out and wax creates a film that stops skin from exfoliation
so i can't help feeling like there is some jewery going on.

Thats why im not using that only 1 which has no harmfull chemicals in it to brighten my red scars

how is that actually legal though? its literally a digferent product as advertised jfl

how is that actually legal though? its literally a digferent product as advertised jfl
It isn't but the government could give two fucks about what's in your products. It is what it is.

Retin-a you piece of shit

• +1
Reactions: Bigfatpersonboy