are people nowadays ageing faster or slower than people were in the "old days" ?

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

seriousmaxxing , only talk serious
like 0.5-1 centuries ago . many people seem to think opposite things on whether people are now ageing faster .

• +1
Reactions: Alexios and ElTruecel
definitely slower. nowadays most girls are pretty until late 30s - early 40s. meanwhile back in the old days women looked 30 at 16 and looked like disgusting grannies at 30

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, Deprived, Imretarded? and 4 others
Slower easily lol. Look at teens today and look at them 30-40 years ago. But movies have kinda altered the perception as well from those times

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, Costcosuperstore, Youㅤ and 1 other person
definitely slower. nowadays most girls are pretty until late 30s - early 40s. meanwhile back in the old days women looked 30 at 16 and looked like disgusting grannies at 30
a lot of perception of age is skewed due to style (a 16 yo in the old days dressed in a fashion that we associate as older)

nowadays females peak at around 12-16 , in the old days probably a bit later like 18 .

nowadays people are bombarded with toxins and EMF , but this could slow ageing as a type of hormesis

Slower easily lol. Look at teens today and look at them 30-40 years ago. But movies have kinda altered the perception as well from those times

18 years old but looks more like 14 . in 1940 . but this is just one example i saw on google

edit : probably cherrypicked since it was google search and probably has makeup on

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
I think aging has steadily been slower or to be more accurate "better" for most of human history until now. I think we peaked out in terms of basic health necessities and that the current generation may age worse due to a bad lifestyle and steady increase of goyslop.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, Youㅤ and lemonnz
If u look at healthy people and don’t pay attention to fat people, then yes people age slower. Highschoolers from the 90s/early 2000s looked old af

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Imretarded? and Youㅤ
wymxn are aging faster, men are aging slower the hormonal disturbance is tipping towards more estrogen in the environment. in a high test environment men age faster and wymxn age slower

If u look at healthy people and don’t pay attention to fat people, then yes people age slower. Highschoolers from the 90s/early 2000s looked old af
i really dont know what it was like before my own memories , but it seems at least nowadays theres much variation . some 30 year olds look like teenagers and some teenagers look like 30 year olds . time will tell how long new generations live (median and maximum lifespan) , the former with potential to decrease due to adverse environment or increase due to medical technology , and the latter the potential to increase dramatically if anti ageing technology is developed soon enough

wymxn are aging faster, men are aging slower the hormonal disturbance is tipping towards more estrogen in the environment. in a high test environment men age faster and wymxn age slower
i wouldnt say thats necessarily true . but maybe . a man lacking masculinity appears younger until middle or elder age when wrinkles some in , doesnt mean hes biologically younger .

women overall do seem less neotenous more masculinized nowadays , although theres some exceptions of underdeveloped females . its common in mental health and cognitive disorders to be mentally regressed , which makes them seem younger .

seems like males get masculinized sooner nowadays , but many dont fully develop as men due to e . essentially a puberty that is feminized . but when i was in high school i noticed a lot of variation with a lot of old looking "kids" .

Amazing what anti smoking campaigns have achieved.

Maybe if we try prohibition again, the average middle aged man wont be a bloated slob.

the more people eat , the faster they age .

gym culture probably makeing males especially age faster . bulking and stress of gym .

early puberty -> sooner ageing

at the same time many people have delayed development since the environment is in some aspects adverse , so hormesis can slow ageing if they dont eat a lot .

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL and Imretarded?

gym culture probably makeing males especially age faster . bulking and stress of gym .

at the same time many people have delayed development since the environment is in some aspects adverse , so hormesis can slow ageing if they dont eat a lot .
it’s not eating a lot, it’s gym culture and putting unneeded stress on the body. fat people always look younger than their age (excess facial fat gives a juvenile look) meanwhile gymrats and gym influencer women look 10+ years older than their age

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL

You also have to factor in metabolic rate. Obese people don't have very high metabolism despite their increased consumption so they'd logically age slower than a gymrat.

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
I think people back in the day lived thousands of years because of optimal diet and environment. We are inundated with too many chemicals in our food and environment nowadays.

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
it’s not eating a lot, it’s gym culture and putting unneeded stress on the body. fat people always look younger than their age (excess facial fat gives a juvenile look) meanwhile gymrats and gym influencer women look 10+ years older than their age
fat people dont necessarily eat a lot . they could just have low metabolism . also if they are fat maybe they try to lose weight , so ageing less .

fat face makes look younger , even if not biologically younger .