are retainers safe?

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
or should you get them removed

festsitzender-retainer-beste-wahl-kieferorthopaedie-orthodentix.jpg

Last edited:
had mine for a while now and 0 issues other than cleaning between teeth kinda sucks

my father developed a gap between his teeth when he was 40

ive used one for like 2-3 years and it expanded my palate, i can tell because if i dont use it for a few days the fit of the retainer gets rlly tight

ive used one for like 2-3 years and it expanded my palate, i can tell because if i dont use it for a few days the fit of the retainer gets rlly tight
Can you not see that these are permanently glued to his teeth you ogre? No expansion here
or should you get them removed

festsitzender-retainer-beste-wahl-kieferorthopaedie-orthodentix.jpg
I forced a dentist to remove mine

Can you not see that these are permanently glued to his teeth you ogre? No expansion here

I forced a dentist to remove mine
stfu he didnt include the pic beforehand
there's several types of retainers these likely will just narrow down his palate

stfu he didnt include the pic beforehand
there's several types of retainers these likely will just narrow down his palate
why would that narrow his palate?

why would that narrow his palate?
nvm i take it back i cant really tell what kind of retainers those are since he isnt showing the whole thing
but there are some like these that could probably have that effect

nvm i take it back i cant really tell what kind of retainers those are since he isnt showing the whole thing
but there are some like these that could probably have that effect
View attachment 1139153
I have the ones that he mentioned. I also have night retainers (they do get tight if I don't wear for a few days). I'm pretty sure they stop your teeth going back, not push them in or shrink the palate. If you find otherwise lmk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7044
they are used to keep your teeth in the current postion.

however my father developed a tooth gap in his 40s, i think his maxilla grew even at that age