Are there any negatives to wearing contacts

pumpeduppecs

pumpeduppecs

Diamond
I’m sick of wearing glasses but I hate the idea of having a foreign object in my eye is there any real negative to contacts?

• +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum and Deleted member 30518
I’m sick of wearing glasses but I hate the idea of having a foreign object in my eye is there any real negative to contacts?
If you have dirty hands all the time, and put contacts into your eye without washing hands, you risk bringing the infection in. That can easily leave you blind in one eye.

for the same reason you have to take the lenses out in the evening. If you don't, you risk the infection again. Which can be quite brutal.

The risk is NOT that large. BUT OVER THE YEARS it accumulates. It means sooner or later you get an infection of some level of severity. If you are unlucky might lose an eye.

• +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax and Deleted member 30518
If you have dirty hands all the time, and put contacts into your eye without washing hands, you risk bringing the infection in. That can easily leave you blind in one eye.

for the same reason you have to take the lenses out in the evening. If you don't, you risk the infection again. Which can be quite brutal.

The risk is NOT that large. BUT OVER THE YEARS it accumulates. It means sooner or later you get an infection of some level of severity. If you are unlucky might lose an eye.
I feel like only old diabetic unhealthy people would lose an eye to an infection is this really a risk if I take good care of myself and yes I wash my hands a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30518 and Artemis
I feel like only old diabetic unhealthy people would lose an eye to an infection is this really a risk if I take good care of myself and yes I wash my hands a lot.
I have a colleague woman. She left a lens in her eye for a night, and got Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in her eye. Now she is half-blind, and was suggested a cornea transplant... She is a healthy 30-yo woman.

This is EXTREMELY RARE though. But you wanted to hear about "any negatives to wearing contacts" :feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
I wore glasses for most of my life and got contacts recently. Putting them in your eyes it’s weird but you get used to it. I have daily ones and wear them when I go out.

I have a colleague woman. She left a lens in her eye for a night, and got Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in her eye. Now she is half-blind, and was suggested a cornea transplant... She is a healthy 30-yo woman.

This is EXTREMELY RARE though. But you wanted to hear about "any negatives to wearing contacts" :feelsrope:
If you are sleeping with contacts on you are hard trolling

you‘re eyes get brutally fucked, always dry, red, itchy, worse can happen too. its the biggest piece of bullshit i hate it, but i dont wanna wear glasses

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
you‘re eyes get brutally fucked, always dry, red, itchy, worse can happen too. its the biggest piece of bullshit i hate it, but i dont wanna wear glasses
That’s why you buy good ones not the 1$ ones

• +1
Reactions: Artemis
That’s why you buy good ones not the 1$ ones
no dumbass i got the most expensive ones jfl at you thinking you can buy yourself out of the sideeffects

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
I am not. Plus I did Relex Smile half a year ago. Great stuff.

But some guys forget to take them off. So it is a risk.

no dumbass i got the most expensive ones jfl at you thinking you can buy yourself out of the sideeffects
Some of the brands might not suit YOUR eyes, despite being expensive.

I literally could not wear ANYTHING at all, felt like sand was in my eyes. until i found acuvue hydraluxe. The first and the last lenses i could wear. All the time. no dry eyes.

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing and Deleted member 29167
Niggas on this forum be advising against contacts then recommend lefort3 and orbital decompression in another thread.

• JFL
Reactions: angelo, depressionmaxxing, Deleted member 29167 and 1 other person
Niggas on this forum be advising against contacts then recommend lefort3 and orbital decompression in another thread.
Such are the ways of the autists.org :Comfy:

I am not. Plus I did Relex Smile half a year ago. Great stuff.

But some guys forget to take them off. So it is a risk.
What’s relex smile?

they're annoying

I am sleeping 4-5 nights with daily contact lenses on(same one), my eyes gonna get seriously fucked up at some point XD

orbital decompression isn't even such a bad surgery though is it? people on here have actually got it compared to lefort 3 and OBO

Why no
I am sleeping 4-5 nights with daily contact lenses on(same one), my eyes gonna get seriously fucked up at some point XD
Why not just take them out

If you dont suffer from dry eye I think its much better than glasses

orbital decompression isn't even such a bad surgery though is it? people on here have actually got it compared to lefort 3 and OBO
Yeah, maybe. Replace with leg lengthening then.

Yeah, maybe. Replace with leg lengthening then.
danger of LL is overstated if u go to a good surgeon imo. @Interested got it and he's fine

A type of laser eye surgery, which has an improved corneal stability after the procedure, and lower incidence of dry eyes.

How much did it cost? I think I rmemeber someone saying it is cheap in Mexico

How much did it cost? I think I rmemeber someone saying it is cheap in Mexico
It cannot cost too cheap anywhere. Because the devices for it are produced only in Switzerland.

In my case, 1500 per eye. But in Turkey, the cost is 1000 per eye. Not worth flying over to 3rd world countries.

There’s an increased risk of developing droopy eyelids

• +1
Reactions: angelo
Starting to think contacts caused me to get scleral show. It wasn't present in my eyes until after I started wearing contacts at age 15

i use contacts daily since i was like 16 and even nap with them on youll be fine unless you leave them on overnight, which never happened to me even after a friday night absolutely fucked out of my mind i still subconsciously remember to take out my contacts

Starting to think contacts caused me to get scleral show. It wasn't present in my eyes until after I started wearing contacts at age 15
What is that?droopy eyelids