Are there genetic differences in IQ or is everything based on how you live?

_MVP_

_MVP_

C wait for takeover
Are some people naturally smarter without doing anything?

The working memory seems to be Set at 6 pieces to reliably remember.

WM as a strength or as weakness Hypotheses exist. I read an interesting paper recently, differences appear from rehearsal and chunking but everyone has the Same wm. Can WM be increased? Maybe, i try it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32486
Are some people naturally smarter without doing anything?
Yes. Not to be a braggart but I easily outdid my peers being autistic. 1 year ahead in math, 4 years ahead in english, never did poorly in a class. I never studied. I mean not a genius or anything, but I was hardly working through school but I still did well.

• +1
Reactions: aspiringexcel
I think it is genetic but early childhood environment definitely influences a lot.

Yes. Not to be a braggart but I easily outdid my peers being autistic. 1 year ahead in math, 4 years ahead in english, never did poorly in a class. I never studied. I mean not a genius or anything, but I was hardly working through school but I still did well.
Me too

• +1
I feel like it's almost a basic criteria to be human. If you studied in high school, you're clearly doing something wrong, and you're diverting to much brain energy to government-mandated obedience class and it's not good.

• +1
Reactions: aspiringexcel and _MVP_
Perhaps I am unwise and too uppity. I only graduated a few months ago.

• +1
80% of the human genome is in the brain so take a guess