Are thumb/face pulling results permanent?

D

Deleted member 15576

Iron
I've been pulling for good 5 months now, and achived around 4mm of forward growth. Will my gains dissapear if i stop? :feelswhy:

You sure you didn't just shift your teeth and gave yourself dentoalevolar protrusion. Is there a gap now between your incisors?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
You sure you didn't just shift your teeth and gave yourself dentoalevolar protrusion. Is there a gap now between your incisors?
Want to know aswell

To avoid this wouldn't you push against your palate area more then teeth area?

Want to know aswell

To avoid this wouldn't you push against your palate area more then teeth area?
Yeah but even if you did that, there's a suture around this area called the premaxillary suture:

400px Keith1902 fig009

And that is likely to give in before the pressure is transferred to your maxilla. I fell for this facepulling meme a few months ago and all it did is make my tooth gap even larger. Going to get invisalign now to close the gap and make my philtrum straight again.

So thumbpulling for forward growth is pretty much a meme. If it were that easy surely some doctor would have noticed and offered that treatment long ago.

• +1
Yeah but even if you did that, there's a suture around this area called the premaxillary suture:

View attachment 1384207

And that is likely to give in before the pressure is transferred to your maxilla. I fell for this facepulling meme a few months ago and all it did is make my tooth gap even larger. Going to get invisalign now to close the gap and make my philtrum straight again.

So thumbpulling for forward growth is pretty much a meme. If it were that easy surely some doctor would have noticed and offered that treatment long ago.
What about beltpulling cope with the belt coming around from the upper back teeth?

What about beltpulling cope with the belt coming around from the upper back teeth?
Well good luck pulling your teeth out with that autistic shit:lul: Jfl everything expect mewing before puberty is pretty much cope

• JFL
Reactions: mizrahi_hater and ChristianChad
Well good luck pulling your teeth out with that autistic shit:lul: Jfl everything expect mewing before puberty is pretty much cope
I don't think u understod what I meant

You have a belt, you put it behind your most back teeth and pull forward Infront of your face

I don't think u understod what I meant

You have a belt, you put it behind your most back teeth and pull forward Infront of your face
Bro if that shit worked why haven't we seen results? this is the most autistic thing I've ever heard in my life

• +1
Bro if that shit worked why haven't we seen results? this is the most autistic thing I've ever heard in my life
Wdym bro? Its the typical PSL cope stack, sometimes mentioned on TheGreatWorks forum or whatever it's called
Idk if it works

Also what age were you when you thumbpulled and for how many hours/day did you do it? I'm surprised you even got dental movement

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11770
Wdym bro? Its the typical PSL cope stack, sometimes mentioned on TheGreatWorks forum or whatever it's called
Idk if it works

Also what age were you when you thumbpulled and for how many hours/day did you do it? I'm surprised you even got dental movement
I was 21, only a few months back. I did it pretty much 3 times a day for 5 mins, for about 2 months or so, but I had the gap before so I don't know how much of it was from that

• +1
How did you facepull? Trust me you dont want to stop abruptly but rather reduce frequency and duration slowly