Are video games dangerous ?

Blackpilled1027

Blackpilled1027

Zephir
I mean, yes for all of you that's a waste of time etc...
But personally :
-it used to solve my loneliness when i was in school
-it used to give me real friends, with real ambition, real hobby.
-It used to make me more social (yes i know)
-it used to give me a conversation during couple of months with a girl (i was entirely managing my game with her and i knew we'll just be friends, i didn't wanted anything else, this was the first time and the last time i was talking and laughing with a girl)
-it used to support me during school, giving me ambitions for my future, making me smarter (for real)

Now i'm stuck and depressed, i don't talk and can't get a conversation w/ a girl, no more passions, no more good vibes
I'm probably subhuman so why should i stop playing ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15305
I'm feeling like, even if i have a gf which share my passion like sport, it will never be more fusional than with video games

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15305
Just like almost everything in life. Do it in moderation.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13137, Biiyo03, owlofathena and 2 others
Just like almost everything in life. Do it in moderation.
But now with the blackpills, i'm getting stressed and i feel guilty when i play

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, Deleted member 9274 and Deleted member 15305
I spent thousands of hours on useless videogames. If i ever have kids i will never let them touch any videogame until theyre 18

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Deleted member 12669, ChristianChad and 3 others
The problem with your attitude and videogames in this case, is that you are using it to substitute and escape issues in your life, instead of tackling them.

Consider you aren't happy right now whilst playing videogames, you need to change something in your life.

• +1
Reactions: Heguldus and Deleted member 5786
I spent thousands of hours on useless videogames. If i ever have kids i will never let them touch any videogame until theyre 18

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal and Deleted member 15305
But now with the blackpills, i'm getting stressed and i feel guilty when i play
You are using them as an escape. If i played vidya then i would play them because i genuinely enjoy playing the game

• +1
Reactions: Blackpilled1027
You are using them as an escape. If i played vidya then i would play them because i genuinely enjoy playing the game
i am enjoying but i'm also feeling like i'll destroy my life

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9274
i am enjoying but i'm also feeling like i'll destroy my life
I would say just focus on the things that you need to do and give yourself some time to play vidya at the end of the day after your hard work.

I mean, yes for all of you that's a waste of time etc...
But personally :
-it used to solve my loneliness when i was in school
-it used to give me real friends, with real ambition, real hobby.
-It used to make me more social (yes i know)
-it used to give me a conversation during couple of months with a girl (i was entirely managing my game with her and i knew we'll just be friends, i didn't wanted anything else, this was the first time and the last time i was talking and laughing with a girl)
-it used to support me during school, giving me ambitions for my future, making me smarter (for real)

Now i'm stuck and depressed, i don't talk and can't get a conversation w/ a girl, no more passions, no more good vibes
I'm probably subhuman so why should i stop playing ?
if you had money, friends, girlfriend would you rather spend time with her/them or doing something else than video games ? be honest.

If you really want to spend your time playing video games and it makes you happy then why not.
But if you do them because they are easier and get free dopamine then do something else.

I love video games and still do but i will rather spend time with some girl and fucking her or with friends hanging out then playing video games.
So i play video games to fill my free time. just like people would watch netflix etc.

usually you still have a ton of better stuff that will earn you money/make you happier/get you laid then playing video games.usually people play video games because they too lazy to do something else that is maybe more fun or make them progress.

• +1
Reactions: Biiyo03, Deleted member 15305, Blackpilled1027 and 1 other person
if you had money, friends, girlfriend would you rather spend time with her/them or doing something else than video games ? be honest.

If you really want to spend your time playing video games and it makes you happy then why not.
But if you do them because they are easier and get free dopamine then do something else.

I love video games and still do but i will rather spend time with some girl and fucking her or with friends hanging out then playing video games.
So i play video games to fill my free time. just like people would watch netflix etc.

usually you still have a ton of better stuff that will earn you money/make you happier/get you laid then playing video games.usually people play video games because they too lazy to do something else that is maybe more fun or make them progress.
Aight, now i'm just need to find a hobby and a interesting job

As someone who used to play games for hours a day, yes it is a waste of time. What do you think you in the future would think is cooler: You spent 3500 hours playing league of legends :soy: or you spent that time pursuing any worthwhile interest ( learning a new language, art, music, coding, social, etc)
Also a lot of them are made specifically to be addictive "just queue up again bro next game you will win", "look at this epic new skin OMG only $5:soy:"

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: RIPPED IRL, owlofathena and Deleted member 5786
My best memories are from video games!
I made many friends with video game characters, fell in love for the first time playing a video game, got my first girlfriend, wife and family in a video game, learned how to drive, fly a plane, helicopter, had a wide variety of jobs and careers, bought and sold land, properties, houses, built constructions, bridges, roads, cities, conquered other countries, been in several world wars, traveled to other planets, met alien races and single-handedly saved the world many times...