Aren't the "generations" made up of psuedo science?

RichmondBread

RichmondBread

Kraken
What I want to know is who determines the cut offs for each generation? We are stuck on this thing lately about Zoomers vs Boomers and Millennials- and then there's Gen X which hardly is ever mentioned. But who determined where these so called generations begin and end?If you're from each supposed generation you will think and act accordingly! You have no mind of your own.

If you're born on December 31st, 1980 your'e still a Gen Xer but if you're born January 1st, 1981, all of a sudden you're a Millennial? And I was born in 1979 and I don't relate to most "Gen X " at all and I was unaware it was even a thing. Growing up I never heard about "Boomers" either. This stuff sounds like some kind of psychological psy op to divide people further? I just want to know how you determine when one generation ends and begins. It should logically be 20 year span

Gen X 1961-1981
Millennials : 1982-2002
etc

that's not what pseudo science is

• +1
Reactions: Kristin
It's just a man-made word therefore the definition is an opinion

• +1
Reactions: RichmondBread
who made up the years for each generation and why does it feel like horoscopes then?
no, i'm saying gen x/y/z aren't tangential to science in the first place & nobody is saying they are

• +1
Generations are created by having shared memories, like historical events or using the same tech. I could definitely mention things that are only nostalgic to me and for people +/- 5 years around me and no one else can relate.

• +1
Reactions: Kristin and Abhorrence
Generations are created by having shared memories, like historical events or using the same tech. I could definitely mention things that are only nostalgic to me and for people +/- 5 years around me and no one else can relate.
name 5 things

I agree to some extent, but for example if you're born at the end of a said generation your experience will more likely be tied to the early part of the next one than someone born at the other end of your generation.

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
AlarmingFelineIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

What I want to know is who determines the cut offs for each generation? We are stuck on this thing lately about Zoomers vs Boomers and Millennials- and then there's Gen X which hardly is ever mentioned. But who determined where these so called generations begin and end?If you're from each supposed generation you will think and act accordingly! You have no mind of your own.

If you're born on December 31st, 1980 your'e still a Gen Xer but if you're born January 1st, 1981, all of a sudden you're a Millennial? And I was born in 1979 and I don't relate to most "Gen X " at all and I was unaware it was even a thing. Growing up I never heard about "Boomers" either. This stuff sounds like some kind of psychological psy op to divide people further? I just want to know how you determine when one generation ends and begins. It should logically be 20 year span

Gen X 1961-1981
Millennials : 1982-2002
etc
It's a group of people that went through the same struggles, e.g. great depression, soldier in ww1, soldier in ww2, etc.

Nowadays since nothing important happens it's just to define who grew up on the tablet and who didn't

• +1
Reactions: RichmondBread and Prettyboy
name 5 things
Cartoon Network shows like Ed Edd Eddy or Coward the Dog

GTA San Andreas

Foldable Sony Ericson phones
a-sony-ericsson-mobile-phone-from-year-2004-vodafone-tied-contract-telephone-that-has-a-flip-open-mechanism-2CA9WBD.jpg

Music like Flo Rida, Taio Cruz, Black Eyed Peas

Play Station 2

These are all things that I remember from when I was a smaller kid (was born around the millenia) but I doubt anyone like 5-10 years younger than me could relate to them as much as my peers can.

Similar examples can be told for everyone else ofc, each age group has their things that bring up nostalgic vibes in them

• +1
Reactions: gay retard
I agree to some extent, but for example if you're born at the end of a said generation your experience will more likely be tied to the early part of the next one than someone born at the other end of your generation.
I think this depends mostly on who you speng time with when you were a child. I for example an early zoomer but since my cousins and most friends I grew up with are a few years older, I tilt toward millenials, hence the term zillenial is sometimes used for people like me.

• +1
Baby boom generation is an actual statistical phenomenon that had real socioeconomic impact. Every other "generation" is BS.
iu

• +1
Baby boom generation is an actual statistical phenomenon that had real socioeconomic impact. Every other "generation" is BS.
iu
I think this is it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back