I feel like people born 1993-1997 got cucked by the transition to the zoomer social media era and are kind of "trapped" between two generations

kanderior

kanderior

Banned
Assuming the end of 2000s culture was 2012, 2013-2014 was transitional, and the beginning of the zoomer era (TikTok, Insta, streamer e-celebs, algorithm-driven social media, OLD, etc.) was around 2015, that means people born in 1993 to 1997 were 18-22 when it started. Too old to grow up with it, too young to have had time to thrive in the previous era. Basically stuck between the two generations. People born before 1993 were too old and established in life by 2015 for all this stuff to matter (instagram maxxing for social life, dating with OLD, using social media to make money etc., they never needed it), and people born after 1997 were still in high school so they were able to grow up with it, get molded by it, and figure out how to operate and thrive in today's world.

But someone like me, born in 1997, was born early enough to grow up in the millennial era, but late enough that it ended, and the lessons I learned in it became obsolete, just as I became an adult. I see all these kids on TikTok and Insta making money, playing the algorithm and using it for socialmaxxing and it's frustrating feeling that I missed out on it by just 2-3 years, that I was too old when it started for me to grow up with it but also too young for it not to matter. I feel "technically" young and yet still a boomer due to being born right on the cutoff. Basically I feel like I was raised and educated for a world that stopped existing right when I graduated high school, and I was young enough when that happened to experience the disadvantages of that.

And this goes beyond social media; my childhood had celebs, zoomers don't, at least not the in the original sense. My childhood had "pop culture", e.g. movies, shows, artists etc. that virtually everyone, young and old, knew about, zoomers don't, it's this non-stop avalanche of algorithm-optimized content (I don't even know how normie pop culture really works, where they get informed on current trends etc.). We had clear cultural trends and youth movements, now it's random online meme stuff that lasts for like 2 years tops. The dating market that I was raised with was mainly socialmaxxing-based, now OLD, social media and online indicators of a socialmaxxed life are essential. And ofc, the importance of looksmaxxing, another thing I was taught nothing about growing up, but younger people learn about since before they can drink. Anyone other mid-90scels feel the same way? That we became premature boomers due to being the last millennials? Or should I be grateful I'm not a zoomer?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: hoursk, latincell95, LooksThinker and 11 others

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
Assuming the end of 2000s culture was 2012, 2013-2014 was transitional, and the beginning of the zoomer era (TikTok, Insta, streamer e-celebs, algorithm-driven social media, OLD, etc.) was around 2015, that means people born in 1993 to 1997 were 18-22 when it started. Too old to grow up with it, too young to have had time to thrive in the previous era. Basically stuck between the two generations. People born before 1993 were too old and established in life by 2015 for all this stuff to matter (instagram maxxing for social life, dating with OLD, using social media to make money etc., they never needed it), and people born after 1997 were still in high school so they were able to grow up with it, get molded by it, and figure out how to operate and thrive in today's world.

But someone like me, born in 1997, was born early enough to grow up in the millennial era, but late enough that it ended, and the lessons I learned in it became obsolete, just as I became an adult. I see all these kids on TikTok and Insta making money, playing the algorithm and using it for socialmaxxing and it's frustrating feeling that I missed out on it by just 2-3 years, that I was too old when it started for me to grow up with it but also too young for it not to matter. I feel "technically" young and yet still a boomer due to being born right on the cutoff. Basically I feel like I was raised and educated for a world that stopped existing right when I graduated high school, and I was young enough when that happened to experience the disadvantages of that.

And this goes beyond social media; my childhood had celebs, zoomers don't, at least not the in the original sense. My childhood had "pop culture", e.g. movies, shows, artists etc. that virtually everyone, young and old, knew about, zoomers don't, it's this non-stop avalanche of algorithm-optimized content (I don't even know how normie pop culture really works, where they get informed on current trends etc.). We had clear cultural trends and youth movements, now it's random online meme stuff that lasts for like 2 years tops. The dating market that I was raised with was mainly socialmaxxing-based, now OLD, social media and online indicators of a socialmaxxed life are essential. And ofc, the importance of looksmaxxing, another thing I was taught nothing about growing up, but younger people learn about since before they can drink. Anyone other mid-90scels feel the same way? That we became premature boomers due to being the last millennials? Or should I be grateful I'm not a zoomer?
No other generation has had such a rugpull. Early 90's is worst time to be born.

Also the 2008 crash fucked shit up so bad:
"Oh boy, oh boy, Im about to graduate and enter the workforce and start adulting, I can finally be a big boy!"

and then start dating RIGHT when Tinder was introduced.

All the Zoomers height mogging me because they didnt grow up with Childfeed in the general food supply.

Analog to digital transition.

No foreskin.

Fuuuuuu
Fuuuuuu
Fuuuuuu
Fuuuuuu
Fuuuuuu
Fuuuuuu
Fuuuuuu
Fuuuuuu
Fuuuuuu

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: LooksThinker, aleksander, Clark69 and 5 others
No other generation has had such a rugpull. Early 90's is worst time to be born.

Also the 2008 crash fucked shit up so bad:
"Oh boy, oh boy, Im about to graduate and enter the workforce and start adulting, I can finally be a big boy!"

and then start dating RIGHT when Tinder was introduced.

All the Zoomers height mogging me because they didnt grow up with Childfeed in the general food supply.

Analog to digital transition.

No foreskin.

View attachment 2746818View attachment 2746819View attachment 2746819View attachment 2746819View attachment 2746819View attachment 2746819View attachment 2746819View attachment 2746819View attachment 2746819View attachment 2746819
So you think being born in the early 90s is worse than in the mid-90s?

High IQ thread. Too young to fit in with faggy nostalgia waxing millennials, too old to fit in with spergy terminally online zoomdrs

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker, aleksander, St.TikTokcel and 6 others
Too bad this thread isn't a lazy shitpost/racebait/Instagram clip

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, k1llsw1tch and Deleted member 51465
Late millennials (1990-1993) had the worst deal ever.

Started with pen and paper, only for everything to be replaced by laptops

Learned how to write cheques and use fax machines only for such knowledge to become obsolete within years

Grew up with the advancement of tech but reaped none of the benefits and had to learn everything from scratch (Youtube tutorials weren't a thing back then, no curry to teach you anything)

Didn't enjoy the fun dating lives in schools because of strict boomer parents

By the time when they are working and ready to date with more money, in come dating apps to hyper-inflate all the LTBs expectations

And they can't even afford their own house and a decent car nowadays

The generation that had the best deal was Gen X, who were more liberal and had more fun than the boomers but had their fair share of actual trad good girls to marry. The generation that enjoyed the best of both worlds

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, Sub0, Clark69 and 7 others
High IQ thread. Too young to fit in with faggy nostalgia waxing millennials, too old to fit in with spergy terminally online zoomdrs
yeah exactly, and just young enough to need to fit in with spergy terminally online zoomers but too old to have grown up in their culture. If I was 30+ this stuff would be too distant for me to care about, I'd be a fully established adult going "kids these days smh, anyway", but instead I'm in this uncanny valley of feeling both young and like a boomer at the same time.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sudanguy
Late millennials (1990-1993) had the worst deal ever.

Started with pen and paper, only for everything to be replaced by laptops

Learned how to write cheques and use fax machines only for such knowledge to become obsolete within years

Grew up with the advancement of tech but reaped none of the benefits and had to learn everything from scratch (Youtube tutorials weren't a thing back then, no curry to teach you anything)

Didn't enjoy the fun dating lives in schools because of strict boomer parents

By the time when they are working and ready to date with more money, in come dating apps to hyper-inflate all the LTBs expectations

And they can't even afford their own house and a decent car nowadays

The generation that had the best deal was Gen X, who were more liberal and had more fun than the boomers but had their fair share of actual trad good girls to marry. The generation that enjoyed the best of both worlds
good points if focusing on the technological shift, but I think the culture shock/shift someone born in the mid-to-late 90s experienced when graduating high school is worse

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Agendum
Are ppl born late 90’s considered more millennial or zoomer

• +1
Are ppl born late 90’s considered more millennial or zoomer
1998-1999 is early zoomer imo, you were still in high school when the zoomer social media era began in 2015 and you did not really experience 2000s culture as a teen. 1996-1997 is part of the ambiguous range I'm talking about, but I'd say mostly millennial.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 48099
Yeah, the timing of everything is the perfect storm of disappointment.

We use the internet and have been using the internet a couple more important years but have been drowned out of it by the sheer volume of younger people.

Yeah, the timing of everything is the perfect storm of disappointment.
View attachment 2746902
We use the internet and have been using the internet a couple more important years but have been drowned out of it by the sheer volume of younger people.
I could see that, but being born in 1997 I feel I experienced the same transition. When I was a kid and teen the internet was still a kind of niche and nerdy thing (normies in my hs didn't know who Shane Dawson, Fred, Nigahiga, AVGN or those other early YT celebs were, and it was seen as non-NT if you followed "internet drama"), kids and adults were mostly segregated online, and the main online spaces were still mostly non-NT white male adults or late teens.
Then when I was 18-19 in 2015-2016 I noticed this mass normie audience flooding in, every YT video with a lot of views being filled with those stupid cookie-cutter meme template comments by kids, FB comment sections being full of boomers and normie women all of a sudden etc. I'd say it wasn't until Pewdiepie and other gaming streamers, plus smartphones, normalized the internet and e-celebs as a source of entertainment for normies in 2012 that the shift began to happen.

The final nail in the coffin for me was the opening up of the western internet to the non-white world, which I think happened around 2018-2020, and it has made the mainstream part of the web mostly unusable now. Things were bad in 2012-2017 but at least servicable, now you don't even have a white normie majority online anymore, the algorithms just appeal mainly to low-IQ Asians and MENAs. Not to mention Muslims being everywhere now. Right-wingers talk about the Great Replacement in the West, but it's already happened online.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and Agendum
I could see that, but being born in 1997 I feel I experienced the same transition. When I was a kid and teen the internet was still a kind of niche and nerdy thing (normies in my hs didn't know who Shane Dawson, Fred, Nigahiga, AVGN or those other early YT celebs were, and it was seen as non-NT if you followed "internet drama"), kids and adults were mostly segregated online, and the main online spaces were still mostly non-NT white male adults or late teens.
Then when I was 18-19 in 2015-2016 I noticed this mass normie audience flooding in, every YT video with a lot of views being filled with those stupid cookie-cutter meme template comments by kids, FB comment sections being full of boomers and normie women all of a sudden etc. I'd say it wasn't until Pewdiepie and other gaming streamers, plus smartphones, normalized the internet and e-celebs as a source of entertainment for normies in 2012 that the shift began to happen.

The final nail in the coffin for me was the opening up of the western internet to the non-white world, which I think happened around 2018-2020, and it has made the mainstream part of the web mostly unusable now. Things were bad in 2012-2017 but at least servicable, now you don't even have a white normie majority online anymore, the algorithms just appeal mainly to low-IQ Asians and MENAs.
It was also weird accepting that we were no longer the target demographic for internet culture and watching Zoomers get nostalgic over things that happened basically yesterday as if it were the good ol' days.

2015-16 was a big change, flood gates were definitely opened. I think it was the App-ification of everything: "Like OMG, theres an app for that now! Tee hee!." I wonder if app-building was the backdoor for ethnic coders to globalize the internet.

• +1
Reactions: kanderior
good points if focusing on the technological shift, but I think the culture shock/shift someone born in the mid-to-late 90s experienced when graduating high school is worse
I don't think it is as bad as those born in the early 90s. The mid-to-late 90s started with social media and culture being in the 'intermediate' stage. The early 90s started with no social media and culture and then being pushed to adapt to them during their infancy. In the late 2000s to early 2010s, YouTube was really just for the memes and streamers were 99% guys who produced wholesome content, not edgelords. Go watch Pewdiepie's earlier streams for Ao Oni and Slender Man and compare to streamers nowadays, and you get the drift. And now with social media and youtube going to shit, the early 90s are essentially trended out and yet they are too young to even think about retirement.

• +1
I started going clubbing in 2013 before tinder or instagram had caught on
It really was a great year, I got into a nightclub in late 2012 as well, things just felt different at that time
You're spot on about 2013-2014 being transitional and 2015 being the next era
It honestly seems like everything surrounding the dating game just got more complex overnight in 2015
A new style emerged where everyone had a skinfade haircut and deep house music overtook the previous electronic stuff
The amount of roiders you would see clubbing exploded for a brief window but the whole zyzz lifestyle thing seemed to die out with zoomers.

i'm 1997 born and feel like a zoomer

The final nail in the coffin for me was the opening up of the western internet to the non-white world, which I think happened around 2018-2020, and it has made the mainstream part of the web mostly unusable now. Things were bad in 2012-2017 but at least servicable, now you don't even have a white normie majority online anymore, the algorithms just appeal mainly to low-IQ Asians and MENAs. Not to mention Muslims being everywhere now. Right-wingers talk about the Great Replacement in the West, but it's already happened online.
don't try and lump yourself in with oldcels

I WAS BORN IN 1997 TOO (December). WE ARE BOTH GEN Z.

Born in 1995 I feel this very much. I think the generation before us had it much better than us.

I don't know if the generation after us has it better than us though. This completely internet-based socializing shit is undoubtedly terrible for the brain as well.

Looking back, I should've killed myself at ~19yo in 2014.

• JFL
Reactions: Primalsplit
Born in 1995 I feel this very much. I think the generation before us had it much better than us.

I don't know if the generation after us has it better than us though. This completely internet-based socializing shit is undoubtedly terrible for the brain as well.

Looking back, I should've killed myself at ~19yo in 2014.
I WAS BORN IN 1997 TOO (December). WE ARE BOTH GEN Z.

@Xangsane why

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
I started going clubbing in 2013 before tinder or instagram had caught on
It really was a great year, I got into a nightclub in late 2012 as well, things just felt different at that time
You're spot on about 2013-2014 being transitional and 2015 being the next era
It honestly seems like everything surrounding the dating game just got more complex overnight in 2015
A new style emerged where everyone had a skinfade haircut and deep house music overtook the previous electronic stuff
The amount of roiders you would see clubbing exploded for a brief window but the whole zyzz lifestyle thing seemed to die out with zoomers.
yeah my teenage "party life" began in 2012 too, 2011-2014 was a great era for club culture. But now... there's a reason there's no teen party/sex comedies for the zoomer generation and the last one was made in 2014

'96 here. I feel like what fucked up our generation the most is instant access to porn online.

I got sent to an all boys school, and I ended up watching porn to substitute for the fact I couldn't speak to any girls my age for years.

Zoomers nowadays know about shit like nofap and the harmful effects of porn, but this information (and the nofap trend) only really came out in the last few years (redpill youtubers, etc). From 2010 to 2018 I was a porn addict and it ruined my formative years completely.

'96 here. I feel like what fucked up our generation the most is instant access to porn online.

I got sent to an all boys school, and I ended up watching porn to substitute for the fact I couldn't speak to any girls my age for years.

Zoomers nowadays know about shit like nofap and the harmful effects of porn, but this information (and the nofap trend) only really came out in the last few years (redpill youtubers, etc). From 2010 to 2018 I was a porn addict and it ruined my formative years completely.
same, constantly fapping to porn kept me in this state of perpetual sexual satisfaction and wired my brain to get turned on by porn, not the real thing, so in my teen and uni years I didn't feel the urgent need to seek out sex at all. I quit porn completely during covid and it's insane how differently my brain perceives sexuality now, how much stronger the drive to get laid is. Made me realize how badly porn screwed my formative years and how much it changes the way you see women and sex.

does 97 count as zoomer

• So Sad
Reactions: ascension
the key year is 2012, that was the end of 2000s culture and the beginning of the transition to the zoomer smartphone era. For me a millennial is someone who experienced at least 2 years of 2000s culture in their teen years, and they begin at 12. So the cut-off is 1998 (someone who was 12 in 2010), 1999+ is zoomer.

• So Sad
Reactions: Xangsane
the key year is 2012, that was the end of 2000s culture and the beginning of the transition to the zoomer smartphone era. For me a millennial is someone who experienced at least 2 years of 2000s culture in their teen years, and they begin at 12. So the cut-off is 1998 (someone who was 12 in 2010), 1999+ is zoomer.
december 1997 BTW

• JFL
Reactions: latincell95
december 1997 BTW
I have a zoomer pheno though

@Phillybeard1996 true?

Tinder was a mistake. Lots of average dudes used to ascend in the pre-Tinder era. Nothing we can do but ascend or die trying.

Tinder was a mistake. Lots of average dudes used to ascend in the pre-Tinder era. Nothing we can do but ascend or die trying.
It goes beyond that, at least zoomers grew up with OLD. Late millennials like me were completely taken by surprise, by the time the dating market transformed into what is now, where what your online presence looks like is very important, it was too late, I was already too old to adjust to it.

• So Sad
It goes beyond that, at least zoomers grew up with OLD. Late millennials like me were completely taken by surprise, by the time the dating market transformed into what is now, where what your online presence looks like is very important, it was too late, I was already too old to adjust to it.
Same!! I came to discover the blackpill in my early 20s. It was already too late.

• +1
Same!! I came to discover the blackpill in my early 20s. It was already too late.
Same. But better then than your 30s-50s like some naive blue pilled married guys who end up getting divorce raped

• So Sad
As a zoomer I just must say
I was too late for the good things and too early for the bad things on the internet
I had no internet on my house for years and I have to say it wasn't that bad knowing internet went shit around 2014. Best times online must have been 2005 - 2013.
Peak internet was 2009 - 2012.
I've had just one opportunity to be part of some internet community. Most of them were dead when I just found them

• +1
Zoomers are way more laid back about the internet though

The millennial cancel culture phase was brutal

Peak internet was 2009 - 2012.
I think so too. Advanced enough to be sophisticated and easy to use but not taken over by corporations and normies yet, old enough to be kind of mainstream but still novel and cool.

social media shit started since the 00s, every cunt had facebook back in 2010, bro ur 1997 check the ages of insta whores or twitch fags they all around ur age

Users who are viewing this thread

Back