Aspirin is legit.

LegitUser

LegitUser

Gluttonmaxxed gypsy from the council estate
Anybody with family history of cancer should start aspirin immediately. I always believed the risks were too high however I have just had an immediate family member diagnosed.

I will begin at 300mg tablets once daily until a genetic condition is ruled out, where I will then drop down to 300mg 2-3x a week.

Relevant evidence:
The recommended dose of aspirin for CRC prevention for the high-risk population is 80–1200 mg/day. In contrast, NSAIDs for CRC prevention is not recommended in either the general population or the high-risk population due to the toxicity profile of NSAIDs

Using aspirin and NSAIDs in the long term risks major gastrointestinal bleeding or heart attack from selective COX-2 inhibitors. Because of these side effects, the American Cancer Association does not recommend aspirin or NSAIDs in the general population.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, nofap, HTN_Mentalcel and 1 other person
Wait, why would u use aspirin for cancer?

Wait, why would u use aspirin for cancer?
It's proven to reduce risk of cancer. However you have to balance it with the risk of it causing GI bleeding and heart attacks. For those with family history or other risk factors I think you should use it.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and 97baHater
legit

i take aspirin 4x a week (a few 81mg tablets each day i take aspirin)

its recommended to take with food and water

aspirin modestly slows ageing by limiting inflammation from COX , and high doses can be effective at activateing AMPK by allosterically binding to the enzyme and preventing deactivation , although may take higher doses than needed for COX inhibition to be substantial . but this may synergize with AMPK activation from high AMP+ADP/ATP ratio .

aspirin at 600 mg was shown to reduce body temp of males (without a fever !) by 0.14 degrees celsius . lowering body temp slows ageing

• Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
It's proven to reduce risk of cancer. However you have to balance it with the risk of it causing GI bleeding and heart attacks. For those with family history or other risk factors I think you should use it.
it will prevent heart attacks

• Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
Tbh the reason why it causes gastrointestinal bleeding is probably because it's all dissolving in one spot in your stomach, if you dissolve it in water beforehand then drink it I bet it would mitigate that

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Uncle-Bully
legit

i take aspirin 4x a week (a few 81mg tablets each day i take aspirin)

its recommended to take with food and water

aspirin modestly slows ageing by limiting inflammation from COX , and high doses can be effective at activateing AMPK by allosterically binding to the enzyme and preventing deactivation , although may take higher doses than needed for COX inhibition to be substantial . but this may synergize with AMPK activation from high AMP+ADP/ATP ratio .

aspirin at 600 mg was shown to reduce body temp of males (without a fever !) by 0.14 degrees celsius . lowering body temp slows ageing
That’s way to much
Take it maximum 2 times a week
I took it for years for my hair and it fucked with my stomach overtime

That’s way to much
Take it maximum 2 times a week
I took it for years for my hair and it fucked with my stomach overtime
how did it affect stomach ? please explain

Tbh the reason why it causes gastrointestinal bleeding is probably because it's all dissolving in one spot in your stomach, if you dissolve it in water beforehand then drink it I bet it would mitigate that
Nice point

I eat like a gram every day