Astaxanthin and beta carotene

Deleted member 5187

Deleted member 5187

Kraken
I ordered astaxanthin and beta carotene.
The astaxanthin is 12mg and beta carotene is 25000 UI I'm gonna take one of each a day.

Anybody gotten good results from these, what's your dosage and how long did it take to notice a difference?

Don't take astaxanthin everyday. It's a very potent antioxidant so 12 mg every 2 days or so is sufficient for it's raved benefits. 25,000 UI of beta carotene everyday is fine. You'll notice benefits within one week, at least it did for me.

Don't take astaxanthin everyday. It's a very potent antioxidant so 12 mg every 2 days or so is sufficient for it's raved benefits. 25,000 UI of beta carotene everyday is fine. You'll notice benefits within one week, at least it did for me.
What are negatives of taking it too frequently?

10mg of A every day is most for optimal results so just take 6 per week

Did you take Astaxanthi everyday in the beginning?

Might be brosience but wouldn't a larger dose yield results faster but long term give same results?

So taking 12mg the first 2 weeks and there after every second or third day be enough to maintain kinda like loading creatine.

Did you take Astaxanthi everyday in the beginning?

Might be brosience but wouldn't a larger dose yield results faster but long term give same results?

So taking 12mg the first 2 weeks and there after every second or third day be enough to maintain kinda like loading creatine.
No I get it through my daily consumption of salmon so I'm not getting nowhere near 12 mg everyday. Yes bro it's bro science that taking a larger dose would yield faster results, the same applies to creatine loading it's all bs.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5187
I dont take beta carotene but I eat carrots almost every day, and in the elevator, I compared my skin color to my mom's and Im yellowish and she is almost pale white

astaxanti is the magical hope for redness/pinkness, if someone tested, please reply and tell us what happened

No I get it through my daily consumption of salmon so I'm not getting nowhere near 12 mg everyday. Yes bro it's bro science that taking a larger dose would yield faster results, the same applies to creatine loading it's all bs.
Just a thought as it's fat soluble.
I'm gonna experiment with a weekly dosage to find lowest effective dosage.

• +1
Reactions: thickdickdaddy27
that probably explains why I can't stop shitting

cheapest place to get astaxanthin? this shit is pretty expensive tbh
europe

this is an extra 0,50 euro per day if I start using this from what I see. 180 euro per year

cheapest place to get astaxanthin? this shit is pretty expensive tbh
europe

this is an extra 0,50 euro per day if I start using this from what I see. 180 euro per year
Try amazon.co.uk or amazon.de
It's like 40 euro a year

Astaxanthin only no beta carotene

• +1
Dosage and did you notice a difference?
Haven't taken astaxanthin yet but I'm just going off the science. I wrote a post or 2 on this account about why Astaxanthin should be taken instead of BC and why BC shouldn't be taken at all.

Mainly due to the studies on increased risk of all cause mortality with sustained BC use, and due to the fact that some people genetically won't be able to convert enough of the precursor into Vitamin A due to variants in their BCM01 gene which is responsible for converting VitA precursors into active VitA. Also VitA is toxic to the liver in excess doses. Astaxanthin is a stronger carotenoid and isn't a VitA precursor either. So it's better.

If you're just trying to get rid of the paper white incel skin tone diluted passatta is much cheaper.

Haven't taken astaxanthin yet but I'm just going off the science. I wrote a post or 2 on this account about why Astaxanthin should be taken instead of BC and why BC shouldn't be taken at all.

Mainly due to the studies on increased risk of all cause mortality with sustained BC use, and due to the fact that some people genetically won't be able to convert enough of the precursor into Vitamin A due to variants in their BCM01 gene which is responsible for converting VitA precursors into active VitA. Also VitA is toxic to the liver in excess doses. Astaxanthin is a stronger carotenoid and isn't a VitA precursor either. So it's better.
But you don't take BC for the VitA though. You take it for the skin-toning effect. Else you could just get a vitA supplement and/or eat liver.

But you don't take BC for the VitA though. You take it for the skin-toning effect. Else you could just get a vitA supplement and/or eat liver.
Yeah but the Beta Carotene is a Vitamin A precursor and BCM01 tries to convert it all into Vitamin A, putting stress on BCM01. So if you continually take it you'll either end up with too much Vitamin A, too much unconverted Beta Carotene, a stressed BCM01 and/or all of the above. And besides that, Astaxanthin is a stronger carotenoid.

• +1

But isn't the reason for change in skin contrast caused by excess beta carotene as the body only absorbs the vitamin a it needs from beta carotene and it's the excess that's excreted through the skin?
If you're just trying to get rid of the paper white incel skin tone diluted passatta is much cheaper.
Like your avi?

But isn't the reason for change in skin contrast caused by excess beta carotene as the body only absorbs the vitamin a it needs from beta carotene and it's the excess that's excreted through the skin?

Like your avi?
No it has nothing to do with Vitamin A, just the carotenoid properties.

• +1
Another thing is not to take anti-oxidants 6 hours pre and post-workout as a rule of thumb although I'm not super updated on the current state of the research

• +1
Another thing is not to take anti-oxidants 6 hours pre and post-workout as a rule of thumb although I'm not super updated on the current state of the research
I'm interested in this. Any specific anti-oxidants, or all kinds? A lot of Vitamins are anti-oxidants too like C, E, B12. Should they be avoided within 6 hours of a workout too? Or just more polyphenol-like anti-oxidants?

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh and Deleted member 5187