At what age can you stop blaming your parents?

Mecha-Man

Mecha-Man

Iron
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Posts
172
Reputation
144
Before you come in here with bullshit like "you have full control over your life" please just shut the fuck up. If your parents are poor, low IQ, and you don't have elite looks genes you're pretty much going to have a shitty, miserable High school and college (you might be happy during elementary and middle only cuz you're too clueless to realize what life got in store for you).

But at some point you can't blame your parents forever. At some points your IQ kicks in, and your learned experience and wisdom becomes the dominating variable on how much success you can achieve... Sometimes.

See that's the thing. Your trajectory might be so irreparably fucked by the time you gain any sense of independence internally that honestly you probably could blame them forever. But for most people, I'd say they don't have a permanently doomed trajectory. (Permanently doomed trajectory means you're dead, homeless, addicted to hard drugs, or serving a huge prison sentence - not merely being a sub 5 or whatever).

Luckily that's not the case with me. I managed to avoid the absolute catastrophic end for me (by a narrow margin).

So I'd say you'd have to stop blaming your parents by age 30 for your mental health, and by age 40 for your financial situation. I might even extend it to 50 for the financial situation because that's a much easier trajectory to fuck up than your total existence (like mentioned above).

My mom gave me a lot of financial resources (relative to what she had) and I'm grateful for what I do have, but lord Almighty did this woman give me a superstitious, outdated, completely FALSE model of reality that I had to spend my entire 20s rewriting and it was an EXTREMELY painful experience.

And sometimes that just makes me mad, that I was raised by a literal child. And I tell my mom daily, look don't give me advice, Ill figure shit out on my own, I don't trust your judgment anymore. Upsets her every time.

That shouldnt keep upsetting her. She wants me to see her as a source of wisdom. You're not a source of wisdom. In fact, no human really is, all humans I've spoken too lack any real profound wisdom.

THATS WHY THEYRE ALL POOR SACKS OF SHIT, IF YOU HAD REAL WISDOM YOUD BE ABLE TO CONVERT THAT INTO POWER AND WEALTH

Thanks for reading my rant to those who made it to the end. If you didn't, trust me, I won't be bothered, I don't expect most, if anyone to.
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

AryanTrvecel
Replies
1
Views
11
Gen1leman
Gen1leman
Avillionre
Replies
6
Views
34
Littlepickel2
Littlepickel2
Amuzant
Replies
4
Views
35
Looshmaxxed
Looshmaxxed
Lord Vader
Replies
19
Views
138
Gengar’s Ghost
Gengar’s Ghost
freakb0b69
Replies
8
Views
40
6’7whitechad
6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top