At what point does the middle third end and the upper third start?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
I'm trying to work out more ratios as per this post:

However can't seem to locate the exact point where the upper third start (and ends) and I do not want to approximate as this will increase the amount of error in my measurements and I want to be as precise as possible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
Maxilla line

from what I have read online it is at the glabella but I can't seem to locate it by looking at someone's frontal view

from what I have read online it is at the glabella but I can't seem to locate it by looking at someone's frontal view
I think if you’re coming up with a new ratio you’ve got some creativity in your definition. You need something that can be seen from the front and often the glabella line is invisible or subjective in photos. IRL it’s obviously objective but if you work from photos it needs to be obvious.

maybe pick the middle point of the eyebrows? What I mean is the middle point of each eyebrow. The point that is in the middle both horizontally and vertically, like the midpoint. The line that connects this between the two midpoints of the eyebrows could be used to define the point between upper and middle third. Just an idea for you. If there is asymmetry then you can use a flat line that intersects the middle point of that line.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
I think if you’re coming up with a new ratio you’ve got some creativity in your definition. You need something that can be seen from the front and often the glabella line is invisible or subjective in photos. IRL it’s obviously objective but if you work from photos it needs to be obvious.

maybe pick the middle point of the eyebrows? What I mean is the middle point of each eyebrow. The point that is in the middle both horizontally and vertically, like the midpoint. The line that connects this between the two midpoints of the eyebrows could be used to define the point between upper and middle third. Just an idea for you. If there is asymmetry then you can use a flat line that intersects the middle point of that line.
ive started using the point just above the upper eyelids. its not perfect and its not what is medically defined as the starting point of the upper third but it should do