Bad beats in poker legit make me want to go ER

Deleted member 19642

Deleted member 19642

Steroidmaxxed
I’ve been trying to play poker regularly and I swear I’ve been running so cold it’s insane. I actually think the poker rooms next to me might be rigged. There’s no mathematical explanation for it.

Last night I was playing cash 1/2 but in for 200, first fucking hand I straddle and get dealt AK, perfect so I raise it to 10BB, flop comes KJ7 rainbow, super nice, I bet small again hoping to get a call, get raised I shove and she calls and shows K7. The lady who raised me was tight so I had to think about it a little, but it was a hand there’s no way I could ever fold. Not that bad but ok it’s whatever.

So I go back tonight for a $300 buy in tournament. Again I’m running good, playing slow with a bit of aggressiveness and semi bluffs mixed in.

Some drunk idiot boomer gets moved to my table. I get nines and raise 5BB. He calls. Flop top set. I bet pot, he goes all in with bottom pair. I make the easy call and double up.

Few hands later get aces. I plan to trap since he’s obviously a bad player. Only bet 4BB. Flop is 974, I’m obviously ahead here so I bet small again hoping he shoves. He does shove I call he shows J4. He turns a Jack. So sick. I would have been chip leader too after that. I legit stumble away in shock. Feel like I’ve been shot. Just so fucking sick.

I’ve had countless stories like this in the last month running so far below EV it’s so sick. Down around 5k at least. Literally 1st percentile outcomes. Aces and Kings cracked almost every single time.

@AlexBrown84 @Amnesia @Niko69

I love playing but it’s just so sick. I am going to have to learn to give up the game I love because it’s not really fun anymore.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 16960
I guess the AA vs J4 wasn’t a terrible beat. Only 80% odds to win.

There was a few hands before me all in KK vs all in KK preflop and someone hit a flush, jfl. Only 2% chance of that.

how much money have you lost in gambling so far

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19642
how much money have you lost in gambling so far
Not much in poker like 10k maybe.

A legit fuck ton on crypto (it was all profits though I still have more than I put in)

Oh well. East come easy come easy go I guess.

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Sexually Disabled and Deleted member 16960

A legit fuck ton on crypto (it was all profits though I still have more than I put in)

i made like 40k in stocks but lost it all

Not much, just 10 grand.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and MakinMogReturns