Balding is not caused by DHT only

Andros

Andros

Kraken
Multiple cross-sectional studies have found associations between early androgenic alopecia, insulin resistance, and metabolic syndrome,[46][47] with low HDL being the component of metabolic syndrome with highest association.[48] Linolenic and linoleic acids, two major dietary sources of HDL, are 5 alpha reductase inhibitors.[49] Premature androgenic alopecia and insulin resistance may be a clinical constellation that represents the male homologue, or phenotype, of polycystic ovary syndrome.

In support of the association, finasteride improves glucose metabolism and decreases glycosylated hemoglobin HbA1c, a surrogate marker for diabetes mellitus.[52] The low SHBG seen with premature androgenic alopecia is also associated with, and likely contributory to, insulin resistance,[53] and for which it still is used as an assay for pediatric diabetes mellitus.

Because of its association with metabolic syndrome and altered glucose metabolism, both men and women with early androgenic hair loss should be screened for impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes mellitus II.[59] Measurement of subcutaneous and visceral adipose stores by MRI, demonstrated inverse association between visceral adipose tissue and testosterone/DHT, while subcutaneous adipose correlated negatively with SHBG and positively with estrogen. [60] SHBG association with fasting blood glucose is most dependent on intrahepatic fat, which can be measured by MRI in and out of phase imaging sequences. Serum indices of hepatic function and surrogate markers for diabetes, previously used, show less correlation with SHBG by comparison.

IGF levels have been found lower in those with metabolic syndrome.[63] Circulating serum levels of IGF-1 are increased with vertex balding, although this study did not look at mRNA expression at the follicle itself.[64] Locally, IGF is mitogenic at the dermal papillae and promotes elongation of hair follicles. The major site of production of IGF is the liver, although local mRNA expression at hair follicles correlates with increase in hair growth. IGF release is stimulated by growth hormone (GH). Methods of increasing IGF include exercise, hypoglycemia, low fatty acids, deep sleep (stage IV REM), estrogens, and consumption of amino acids such as arginine and leucine. Obesity and hyperglycemia inhibit its release. IGF also circulates in the blood bound to a large protein whose production is also dependent on GH. GH release is dependent on normal thyroid hormone. During the sixth decade of life, GH decreases in production. Because growth hormone is pulsatile and peaks during sleep, serum IGF is used as an index of overall growth hormone secretion. The surge of androgens at puberty drives an accompanying surge in growth hormone.

You're balding because of shitty genes, hair follicle sensitivity to androgens, ageing and shitty modern western diet

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Lawton88, stevenashbaby, Slob and 8 others
makes sense cuz fin and dut only seem to work for some time and not for everyone

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: zeshama, Art1h_, Deleted member 19551 and 2 others
dnrd its possible to be balding due to T but really uncommon. DHT is way more powerful than T

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Deleted member 19551
makes sense cuz fin and dut only seem to work for some time and not for everyone
fin raises T by block 5ar enzyme so your T increase also. It can promote balding if you are utter subhuman

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551 and Deleted member 1140
Read every word.

Clapping Applause GIF

One thing op, my grandad has had type 2 diabetus for 2 decades and is a norwood 0 or 1 so how tf is that possible?

Did a promethease report and I inherited no anti-balding genes on the x chromosome my mum cucked me jfl.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and Deleted member 19551
its dht and your follicles sensitivity to it
thats it

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19551 and Moggie
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
why do some people bald with fin and dut then?
you are talking about rare cases (genetics , low t, whatever hormone imbalance, stress , who knows?? )

most of the time stopping dht will save your hair ( if we dont talk about possible side effects)

FIN and DUT works

• +1
Reactions: Cidre enjoyer and Deleted member 19551
Also there's a compound I've mentioned on here literally 10000 times which I won't name again which in my experience grows hair thick even when not balding, and from the research I've read it's been more effective than minoxidil in studies for scalp hair growth and significantly more effective than Vitamin C and Retinoids for collagen and elastin production. It also changes the expression of ~38% of genes in the body. But there's no point in me being a broken record.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and Deleted member 16371
why do some people bald with fin and dut then?
Read the entire thread I linked. It explains why.

Last edited:
Also there's a compound I've mentioned on here literally 10000 times which I won't name again which in my experience grows hair thick even when not balding, and from the research I've read it's been more effective than minoxidil in studies for scalp hair growth and significantly more effective than Vitamin C and Retinoids for collagen and elastin production. It also changes the expression of ~38% of genes in the body. But there's no point in me being a broken record.
Costs too much bro ik what u mean. Also should be topical or oral?

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and Seth Walsh
ha! a pufa enthusiast :feelshmm:

• JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad
how much GHK-cu loby pay you?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Toth's thot, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 2 others
Premature androgenic alopecia and insulin resistance may be a clinical constellation that represents the male homologue, or phenotype, of polycystic ovary syndrome.
Fuck this runs in my family explains why my brother lost all of his hair by 19. I am the same as I was as a teenager but have high temples jfl.

Last edited:
It's worth the cost it's just that the one site I trust takes like 10 weeks to ship and my last order got returned to them because of some bullshit customs/duties fees which they didn't even let me pay. It's not available orally, I've only used the topical serum, never injected but I heard injecting isn't as good for aesthetic benefits (skin, hair) but may have an edge with systemic healing. Also heard the injection is quite painful but some people are injecting like 2mg when max needed is like 0.3mg from what I remember.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: eyebagcel and Deleted member 18840
how much GHK-cu loby pay you?
I wish someone paid me for it. Or at least gave me some free bottles. I've probably done a ton of marketing for people who sell it 😭

Also there's a compound I've mentioned on here literally 10000 times which I won't name again which in my experience grows hair thick even when not balding, and from the research I've read it's been more effective than minoxidil in studies for scalp hair growth and significantly more effective than Vitamin C and Retinoids for collagen and elastin production
where do u buy GHK?

It's worth the cost it's just that the one site I trust takes like 10 weeks to ship and my last order got returned to them because of some bullshit customs/duties fees which they didn't even let me pay. It's not available orally, I've only used the topical serum, never injected but I heard injecting isn't as good for aesthetic benefits (skin, hair) but may have an edge with systemic healing. Also heard the injection is quite painful but some people are injecting like 2mg when max needed is like 0.3mg from what I remember.
Damn damn mirin. Are the effect lasting if you stop at some point or it has to be maintained forever like tret?

Damn damn mirin. Are the effect lasting if you stop at some point or it has to be maintained forever like tret?
In my experience it needs to be maintained. It just makes your skin top tier. Tret is the gold standard but ghk brings it to the next level collagen wise and with skin tone/texture, tightness etc

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
In my experience it needs to be maintained. It just makes your skin top tier. Tret is the gold standard but ghk brings it to the next level collagen wise and with skin tone/texture, tightness etc
What do you think of tret sides? Is it real like in your glands as @Mongrelcel showed ?
And yes then i have no choice than to buy it. Does it increase fat locally a bit like in the under eyes?

What do you think of tret sides? Is it real like in your glands as @Mongrelcel showed ?
And yes then i have no choice than to buy it. Does it increase fat locally a bit like in the under eyes?
I've been using Tret pretty much daily since late Jan 2020, and Adapalene since mid 2019.

Sides I guess are dryness and flaking if your skin isn't used to it, but that's temporary. It makes your skin insane with persistent use and once your skin tolerates it there aren't really any sides except if you just use too much or apply it too much but that should just be micro-managed.

It doesn't increase fat. I use it on my submental to try tighten the skin there. I haven't noticed it doing much to the under eye area but I don't apply it there much. I never noticed it "melting" malar or buccal fat pads either. I don't know where that rumour came from.

Forgot to mention increased sensitivity to UV damage so wear SPF too ^

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Cidre enjoyer and Deleted member 18840
I never noticed it "melting" malar or buccal fat pads either. I don't know where that rumour came from.
reddit bullshit like that minox nukes collagen

reddit bullshit like that minox nukes collagen
I was never a fan of minox. Think it's shit tbh. Ruining skin to get a shitty beard and in most cases the guys running minox to grow a beard don't even increase their attractiveness after. Minox for hair isn't the best way to go either imo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
You're balding because of shitty genes, hair follicle sensitivity to androgens, ageing and shitty modern western diet
Huge if true: it would explain why balding has been becoming more commonplace recently, and in younger people.

My father also only developed the first signs of male pattern baldness around the time he was diagnosed with the beginning stages of diabetes in his mid-50s; before that, he had no hair loss.
Anecdotal information isn't worth shit, I know. But still.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 69862, Moggie and Andros
I was never a fan of minox. Think it's shit tbh. Ruining skin to get a shitty beard and in most cases the guys running minox to grow a beard don't even increase their attractiveness after. Minox for hair isn't the best way to go either imo
I went from norwood 1-1,5 to nw 0 with minox solo 1x day for 4-5 months, but gave up that shit bc it was so annoying to put this stuff on your scalp over and over again. No difference in attractiveness beetween nw0-nw1,5 tbh

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Seth Walsh
@StreegeReturn @Seth Walsh

Please tell bro,i am relatively new here so i haven't read much of your old posts.:feelswhy::feelswhy:

• Woah
Reactions: thereallegend
this is like the 15th thread on this

Last edited:
Very correct OP. If fin and min don’t work for you then you need to fix your gut health, liver health, and improve you’re insulin resistance. All of these things is why hair loss is more prevelant today because of our shitty western diets.

Hell, you even see Asians going bald now because they eat more western foods, when they use to almost never go bald.

fix your gut health, liver health, and improve you’re insulin resistance. All of these things is why hair loss is more prevelant today because of our shitty western diets.
How and what diet

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa

I told you faggots about that long time ago. You didnt listen

Multiple cross-sectional studies have found associations between early androgenic alopecia, insulin resistance, and metabolic syndrome,[46][47] with low HDL being the component of metabolic syndrome with highest association.[48] Linolenic and linoleic acids, two major dietary sources of HDL, are 5 alpha reductase inhibitors.[49] Premature androgenic alopecia and insulin resistance may be a clinical constellation that represents the male homologue, or phenotype, of polycystic ovary syndrome.

In support of the association, finasteride improves glucose metabolism and decreases glycosylated hemoglobin HbA1c, a surrogate marker for diabetes mellitus.[52] The low SHBG seen with premature androgenic alopecia is also associated with, and likely contributory to, insulin resistance,[53] and for which it still is used as an assay for pediatric diabetes mellitus.

Because of its association with metabolic syndrome and altered glucose metabolism, both men and women with early androgenic hair loss should be screened for impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes mellitus II.[59] Measurement of subcutaneous and visceral adipose stores by MRI, demonstrated inverse association between visceral adipose tissue and testosterone/DHT, while subcutaneous adipose correlated negatively with SHBG and positively with estrogen. [60] SHBG association with fasting blood glucose is most dependent on intrahepatic fat, which can be measured by MRI in and out of phase imaging sequences. Serum indices of hepatic function and surrogate markers for diabetes, previously used, show less correlation with SHBG by comparison.

IGF levels have been found lower in those with metabolic syndrome.[63] Circulating serum levels of IGF-1 are increased with vertex balding, although this study did not look at mRNA expression at the follicle itself.[64] Locally, IGF is mitogenic at the dermal papillae and promotes elongation of hair follicles. The major site of production of IGF is the liver, although local mRNA expression at hair follicles correlates with increase in hair growth. IGF release is stimulated by growth hormone (GH). Methods of increasing IGF include exercise, hypoglycemia, low fatty acids, deep sleep (stage IV REM), estrogens, and consumption of amino acids such as arginine and leucine. Obesity and hyperglycemia inhibit its release. IGF also circulates in the blood bound to a large protein whose production is also dependent on GH. GH release is dependent on normal thyroid hormone. During the sixth decade of life, GH decreases in production. Because growth hormone is pulsatile and peaks during sleep, serum IGF is used as an index of overall growth hormone secretion. The surge of androgens at puberty drives an accompanying surge in growth hormone.

Interesting as I have noticed the fat guys that haven't developed metabolic syndrome or type 2 diabetes tend to have a good head of hair even when up in age..

How and what diet
There are a lot of things that help and everybody’s gut/liver isn’t affected the same way. My suggestion is start off by trying l. Rhamnous gg (probiotic), milk thistle aka silymarin, and limiting gluten and alcohol.

Okay dm me how to cure