Barbell or dumbbells for bench?

Johnny_Sins

Johnny_Sins

Bronze
I currently do barbell for flat and db for incline but i’m not making much progress on flat bench at all. Should I switch to db?

I currently do barbell for flat and db for incline but i’m not making much progress on flat bench at all. Should I switch to db?
in naeeeture no human do that man made metal

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Rzn, ryuken and Johnny_Sins
Neither of them because gymcelling is pointless.

• +1
Reactions: KaisenMaxxer
Lazy rotter cope
Every human is lazy and wants to "rot"
Some are just dumb enough to against that.
women like a good body just like men do.
No shit. But a gymcelled body isn't "good"
Captura de Tela 2024 08 22 as 041555

This is a good body foids are attracted to. Notice how it's just genetics? Wide clavicles and thin waist mainly.
It's just like for women. Female bodies men are attracted to are created by genetics only.
And it gains respect from men
No it doesn't, only from fellow copers in your gym
You will only get respect from random men if you are tall and have a huge frame, body wise. Gymcelled men with trash genes look like jokes.

• +1
Reactions: watah

View attachment 3114546
This is a good body foids are attracted to. Notice how it's just genetics? Wide clavicles and thin waist mainly.
It's just like for women. Female bodies men are attracted to are created by genetics only.

You will only get respect from random men if you are tall and have a huge frame, body wise. Gymcelled men with trash genes look like jokes.
I can’t tell if you’re a pants-on-head retard or a troll. I’ll assume troll.
Thx for the bump

• +1
Reactions: KaisenMaxxer and oliverg
Thx for the bump
Thanks for conceding. Will you stop gymcelling now?

Thx for the bump
dont listen to him man, negative nelly bruh. personally i do dumbell for both, but if im feeling it, i do smiths machine barbell for incline because i like the control it gives me.

• +1
Reactions: Johnny_Sins
Thanks for conceding. Will you stop gymcelling now?
thx for bum0

dont listen to him man, negative nelly bruh. personally i do dumbell for both, but if im feeling it, i do smiths machine barbell for incline because i like the control it gives me.
I’m not, I can never tell if this level of basement dwelling is possible or if it’s just trolling lol.

I might do db one day and bb next day, so one each week

thx for bum0

I’m not, I can never tell if this level of basement dwelling is possible or if it’s just trolling lol.

I might do db one day and bb next day, so one each week
Jfl at stressing your body for no reason. Also ur a 23 yo virgin calling people basement dwellers…

i’m not making much progress on flat bench at all
Worrying about what additional bench press variations to do is the wrong thing if you can't even progress on the flat bench. Should worry first about load progression/ volume/ intensity/ relative intensity/ acute fatigue management with respect to the main lift

Should I switch to db?
Main diff is barbell bench involves much more triceps than DB. Because with the barbell your triceps can contract maximally to exert lateral forces into the bar. With the DB bench if your triceps contract too hard you'll throw the DB out to the side

How-to-Bench-graphic-3.png

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BlackpilledPlatypus and Johnny_Sins

View attachment 3114546

This is black and white thinking cope. Yeah, genetics from frame, etc tend to be the biggest factor, but a trained athletic body (not roided up bloatlord) mogs a zero muscle physique hard.

The benefit you’ll get depends on your base, but I used to be DYEL twinkmaxxed so putting on a decent amount of muscle has made a huge difference for me.

Also, leanness is always preached here. If nothing else, having more muscle allows you to be lean (thus getting the “face gains”) without looking malnourished and without having to have an absurdly low calorie intake, preventing you from getting nutrients and enjoying life.

• +1
Reactions: KaisenMaxxer and Johnny_Sins
I do the same as you, I cant really feel much when I go heavy on DB.
If you've been benching with BB for a while and you get stuck maibe try to DB flat and BB incline for variation ?
can you send your training plan out of curiosity ?

same shit

• So Sad
Reactions: Johnny_Sins