Based thing my mom did 20+ yrs ago

Deleted member 4614

Deleted member 4614

Bronze
Mom was on jury duty for a sexual assault case, cue early 90s or whatever, supposedly almost everyone agreed to convict this nigga for a bullshit case (he said/she said) and she convinced them that there was not enough evidence, reasonable doubt, and the dude got found not guilty lol.

If I was a judge, I would let most people walk. Most people caught up in the US court system are often being tried for victimless crimes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
And then he raped again

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Zeruel and Deleted member 4614
If I was a judge, I would let most people walk. Most people caught up in the US court system are often being tried for victimless crimes.
There's no such thing as victimless crime. Or at least one that'd get you in front of the court.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 18159 and Deleted member 4614
There's no such thing as victimless crime. Or at least one that'd get you in front of the court.
Most drug cases are victimless crimes. Drug use is a personal choice. Statutory rape between two consenting teenagers is a victimless crime.

• +1
Most drug cases are victimless crimes. Drug use is a personal choice.
The victim is you and the society you rot around with your use. Drug users first use their own savings once they get addicted, and then resort to crimes to get the money they need. Also not to mention all the medical bills and taxpayer money wasted on your education. Also by using drugs, you're funneling money into the pockets of those vile scum drug dealers. Maybe if the user had grown small amount of weed for his personal use, I'd let him go with a fine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18159
We don't have jury duty in my country, what's the deal with this, how can you let in America normal folks 'judge' someone, when they have no legal training?
The idea is that citizens should be afforded a trial of their fellow citizens who are likely to be objective. I think the judge makes the final call, but jury has a high influence on that, so if jury thinks one way and judge goes another, it could spark some discontent towards that judge around town.

The victim is you and the society you rot around with your use. Drug users first use their own savings once they get addicted, and then resort to crimes to get the money they need. Also not to mention all the medical bills and taxpayer money wasted on your education. Also by using drugs, you're funneling money into the pockets of those vile scum drug dealers. Maybe if the user had grown small amount of weed for his personal use, I'd let him go with a fine.
View attachment 1614401
Perhaps, but in the United States, the prison system is very profitable. Laws are designed to throw people in jail and keep them there so their unpaid labor can be sourced to other industries. Prison is for profit in America, so naturally, you have far more people behind bars than there should be. I don’t necessarily disagree with most of the laws in place, but the punishment for these crimes is often greatly disproportionate to the overall impact of the crime committed.

• +1
Perhaps, but in the United States, the prison system is very profitable. Laws are designed to throw people in jail and keep them there so their unpaid labor can be sourced to other industries. Prison is for profit in America, so naturally, you have far more people behind bars than there should be. I don’t necessarily disagree with most of the laws in place, but the punishment for these crimes is often greatly disproportionate to the overall impact of the crime committed.
All the more reason to behave yourself. I could understand throwing a riot in some country like Norway, where the prison will feel like a holiday. But US? Hell no.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18159