Be careful when taking antibiotics

Yuno_howitez

Yuno_howitez

Walter Jr. Maxxing

Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) is a rare and serious skin condition. Often, it's caused by an adverse reaction to medication like anticonvulsants or antibiotics.

The main symptom is severe skin peeling and blistering. The peeling progresses quickly, resulting in large raw areas that may ooze or weep. It also affects the mucous membranes, including the mouth, throat, eyes, and genital region.

CAUSES

Because TEN is so rare, it isn't fully understood. It's typically caused by an abnormal reaction to medication. Sometimes, it's difficult to identify the underlying cause of TEN.

Medication

The most common cause of TEN is an abnormal reaction to medication. It's also known as a dangerous type of drug rash, and is responsible for up to 95 percent of TEN cases.

Often, the condition forms within the first 8 weeks of taking the drug.

The following medications are most commonly associated with TEN:

anticonvulsants

oxicams (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug)

sulfonamide antibiotics

allopurinol (for gout and prevention of kidney stones)

nevirapine (anti-HIV drug)

Infections

In very rare instances, a TEN-like illness is linked to an infection by a bacteria known as Mycoplasma pneumoniae, which causes a respiratory infection.

SYMPTOMS

The symptoms of TEN are different for each person. In the early stages, it usually causes flu-like symptoms. This may include:

fever

body aches

red, stinging eyes

difficulty swallowing

runny nose

coughing

sore throat

After 1 to 3 days, the skin peels with or without blistering. These symptoms can progress within several hours or days.

Other symptoms include:

red, pink, or purple patches

painful skin

large, raw areas of skin (erosions)

symptoms spreading to the eyes, mouth, and genitals

RISK FACTORS

Though anyone taking medication can develop TEN, some people have a higher risk.

Possible risk factors include:

Older age. TEN can affect people of all ages, but it's more likely to affect older adults.

Gender. Females may have a higher risk of TEN.

Weakened immune system. People with a weakened immune system are more likely to develop TEN. This may occur due to conditions like cancer or HIV.

AIDS. SJS and TEN are 1,000 times more common in people with AIDS.

Genetics. The risk is higher if you have the HLA-B*1502 allele, which is most common in people of Southeast Asian, Chinese, and Indian descent. The gene can increase your risk of TEN when you take a certain drug.

Family history. You may be more likely to develop TEN if an immediate relative has had the condition.

Past drug reactions. If you've developed TEN after taking a certain drug, you have an increased risk if you take the same medication.

• Woah
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Mewton, horizontallytall, Deleted member 28541 and 9 others
ew

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 28541 and Yuno_howitez
that nigga a burn victim

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, SubhumanCurrycel and BrahminBoss
I wish I'd get it. That actual looks based asf.

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss
You’re a genetic dead end and shouldn’t reproduce if your weak organism wants to kill you over a little antibiotics

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and BrahminBoss
You’re a genetic dead end and shouldn’t reproduce if your weak organism wants to kill you over a little antibiotics
i got a rash from antibiotic once this shit is scary dawg

@Xangsane Do you have this?

badass lava skin

• JFL
Reactions: Yuno_howitez
How can I be careful? It sounds like this guy could do something differently when in reality he just popped antibiotic pill and got 1/1000000 chance of crazy side effect like this.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
How can I be careful? It sounds like this guy could do something differently when in reality he just popped antibiotic pill and got 1/1000000 chance of crazy side effect like this.
dont take pill on empty stomach bro

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and lepo2317
I would rope if I had that disease

Peel the skin and his pheno will change

Antibiotics destroy your gut. Don't use them unless life threatening infection.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and 5'7 zoomer
what damage does it exactly does to the gut i dont understand

True . Never trsust doctors, only actual researchers can tell u or even advise u remotely. Most doctors are faggots ,until he is an autist who has a genuine desire to know , but society hate such people with genuine desire to know

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe
what damage does it exactly does to the gut i dont understand
It destroys all the bacteria. Good and bad. They're awful for your gut and they're vastly overprescribed by doctors. A healthy gut is the key to health.

How to treat stuff without antibiotics ?

He needs to hope on accutane

• +1
Reactions: bluderbra